Problems, Problems, Problems.
By edmund21 on
2007 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Premature rotor warping, premature rack seal leak. The power steering pump was recalled. 3 months later the power steering rack starts leaking. This is a common problem in Odysseys- the bad pump could let air into the system. Honda USA was dismissive and offered no goodwill. The dealer I bought the van used from installed new front rotors and pads. 8 months later they warped. I don't drive hard or brake at high speeds. I installed new Centric premium rotors and pads. They warped in 8 months. Front brake rotors usually last me 2-3 years. The Odyssey has badly designed brakes and power steering systems. DO NOT BUY AN ODYSSEY.
Favorite Features
I bought this van used. My mechanic, a 30 year veteran, did pre-purchace inspections on six Odysseys before we found a well maintained one with 60K. I was happy with the van for the first few months. And then..problem after problem: a blown power steering line, overheating caused by a faulty Honda fuse, bad power steering pump and rack (at 64K?!), premature brake rotor warping. Honda USA was arrogant, insolent, and could care less about repeat customers. I will never buy another Honda.
Suggested Improvements
Do not buy an Odyssey. They have all kinds of hidden problems. Buy a Toyota or a Nissan, Consumer Reports rates their reliability well above the Odyssey.