2007 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: Brakes for Life

2007 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Review

2007 Honda Odyssey

EX Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Brakes for Life
By ron graz on

2007 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Many people are talking about the 2007 brake recall on thousands of these mini vans. I got an extremely great deal when I purchased this vehicle used that I knew I would be putting a few bucks into the van. Having said this I realized right away that something was not right in the front end. Long story short, air is finding it's way into the brake lines. As a mechanic I remedied the problem by bleeding all 4 calipers and also a full rotor and pad replacement on all 4 wheels. Immediate results and to date has not recurred. I did not use genuine Honda rotors as they have a history of being thin and warping easily. I used a quality after market.

Great family car without trying too hard. I didn't go for the bells and whistles, just a good all around family vehicle. My favorite feature is the seats that fold into the floor and the pass through fold down table between the front captains chairs.

Suggest Honda fix their brake issues and own it. Too many manufacturers procrastinate on fixes while lives are at stake. With the weak economy here in America people want to buy American so listen up, Honda, you don't need bad press. Fix your issues.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review