2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Bad Pax Tire System
By Duy on 08/25/09 10:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this van brand new without knowing that the tire system was different. All four tires unevenly wear out after 20,000 miles on it (e.g. they wear out on one edge of the tires but not the other side). I brought it to Firestone and it was said that the alignment was bad which killed the tired. I brought it to Honda's dealer and all they said was that they were not responsible and I had to pay nearly $1,500 to replay a new tire. It's sad. We have purchased 4 Honda and surely this van would be the last one. In addition, this van is not very fuel economy (e.g. 20 miles on freeway and 15 miles in the city, bad!!!. Don't purchase it if you don't want to pay more than it's worth.

Not as good as represented :(
By CAROLE on 08/24/09 08:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Sorry to blast a vehicle that is so highly rated but mine has had recurring problems and they appear to be electrical. When I turn the lights on the dash lights go off; the cruise control only works on occasion; have been to Dealer 3 times to correct a bad tire pressure sensor-still not working and light still on; the battery has been replaced twice in a year. All in all, this is my first and probably last Honda product because it has left me stranded 8 times in one year with a dead battery. My 14 yr old Quest never stranded me once...

Honda We have a problem!!!
By Jim A on 08/23/09 14:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was my replacement for a domestic van we had owned. I think the American brands will return to the top soon if this Honda van is any indication. Van has 23k mi currently and has a series of issues. Bad fuel economy, trans problems, engine pinging. My service reps all respond to these problems like its news to me. However once you inform them of the tech serv bulletin TSB they relent. I think Honda needs to get back in the game with superior eng/ and quality. This is my 5th Honda and possibly my last. I hope Honda steps up to the plate with this warranty.

Noixe problem - possibly transmission
By MarekB on 08/19/09 08:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Honda Odyssey that I've purchased as a new vehicle from the dealer. After about 30,000 miles a problem developed with a noise (sounds like an old clunker). It sounds like a transmission or a valve noise on acceleration, especially on the highest gear when the car is under even slight load. Honda is stating (per Honda Engineer) that this is a normal noise, even thought Honda dealer already replaced shields, transmission torque converter and other parts, but they refuse to actually fix it. They have done about $3,000 worth of repairs and they refuse to replace a transmission, which is probably cause of this noise. I Will Not Buy Honda ever again.

Transmission Issues TOO!
By jennybecky on 08/12/09 09:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased in July 2009 a used 2007 Honda Odyssey with 30k miles on it. After driving for two weeks, realized it has vibrations and skipping from the transmission. Will NOT keep a constant speed and vibrates at 40mph. It had no prior warranty claims and clean carfax. Love the van, but I have a transmission on order and haven't even made the first payment. Thank God for warranty! If we continue to have problems, we will seek help from the dealer to get us out of it. Honda needs to recognize this problem. I am sick to my stomach but thankful for the Certified warranty...it is covered til 100k miles.

Bad tires, noise problems and hesitation
By JPC on 08/11/09 06:58 AM (PDT)

I have gotten 30, 000 miles on the "no flat" tires by driving longer than I should. $1200 to replace. Car hesitates at 60 - 65 mph. Dealer says this is normal. Air noise is bad in the car. Brakes have been replaced twice. They finally got it right at my expense. The gas mileage is no better than 14 mpg in town driving. I have owned many Hondas and this is the first one that has been a total bad experience.

Horrible fuel milege!!!
By CPD437 on 07/19/09 14:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We really like the Odyssey mini-van but the fuel mileage is absolutely horrible. I agree with many other reviews. I knew we were not getting good fuel mileage and finally checked it on a beach trip. We averaged a very poor 17.2 mpg. My parents averaged over 18 mpg in their Chevy Tahoe!! Other than fuel mileage being much less than advertised, we really like the vehicle.

Very Frustrated!!!!
By Ben N. on 07/03/09 18:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wonderful van with the exception of the steering issues. Read all the problems with alignment and steering with these vehicles (extreme pulling, memory steer, difficulty aligning, steering clucks, steering resistance, etc., etc.). I don't know how this vehicle got such high ratings in all editorials without anyone noticing the irregularities with drive and alignment. Don't buy it! Seems as though some must be OK, but more than one would think have issues...believe me and the others when we say this.

Would reconsider
By mas on 06/24/09 20:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I would not consider another Honda until they fix the excessive road noise. Too bad because the vehicle is excellent in many ways. On a rough surface noise will prevent normal conversation with rear passengers

Love the van, hate the tires
By Texan on 06/10/09 16:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Don't buy one with PAX tire system. Class action lawsuit against Honda in process. Tires wear out between 20K- 25k. Expensive to replace. Can only be done at authorized location, which is usually Honda dealer. No spares. Ours went flat traveling on Sunday and had to stay over until next day when Honda opened. New tire cost $298, because old could not be fixed (only 16k miles on it). Hotel cost $100. Honda said so sad, too bad. We are going to get rid of ours even though, it is a great van. Don't want to get stranded in middle of nowhere.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.