Used 2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Honda = Lemon
By paul

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've always been a big fan of Honda. No longer. Had civics, accords, and now the odysseys (owned a 2003 before). Had problems with the steering reservoir, gear hunting at 40 mph, delay in shifting to "d", brake rotors, and now a leaky steering rack! Talked to Honda customer service who was no help and not at all sympathetic. Honda wants $1400 for a new steering rack. I've owned 10 cars and never had a leaky steering rack. And I've had many cars over 150k miles. The quality seems to have gone down and the customer service has definitely gone down. After having owned 6 hondas in the past, I will not buy another Honda.

great interior design, clever use of space, seats, cubbyholes, etc. good power and handling for a minivan. more rigid body than the gen 2. sliding doors that finally work.

build quality needs to improve. customer service needs to drastically improve when a defect is found. Honda does not appear to care about customer retention anymore, must think that a sucker is born every minute.

Best Van Out There
By Kurt

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Leased a 2007 EXL in late 2006. Loved it and just traded for a new 2010. The seat configuration is perfect for our family. Slide over the second row captains chair to enter third row from side - makes entry and exit so nice for kids. Electric doors are great. Folding third row is easy. Mechanically superb with no issues over 3 years and 45K miles. Engine power is more than adequate, shifting is smooth. Ride is very nice. My wife still hates the idea of driving a minivan, but agrees this van was the best overall vehicle we ever owned. Don't know how you can rate this "fun to drive" after owning high performance cars, but certainly is great for the family.

Smooth acceleration, Ride Quality, Leather seating, Space, Comfort, Easy in/out for little ones.

OEM tires are no good in snow. Never replaces on the 2007, but had trouble on small hills every snowfall. Have a friend that replaced original Michelins with with Kumhos and traction problem solved. Interior noise could be dampened more for a $34K vehicle.

Check that box, won't ever buy another!
By Soccer mom

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really wanted a mini-van, and pushed the issue with my husband, who tried to talk me into a number of other non- mini van options. I wanted to transport our kids and friends to their activities, and room to haul the gear as well. This van is absolutely the best for function, ease of folding, & moving seats for cargo room. I like the center middle row seat, and how it stores in the floor for quick access and install. Where this van goes wrong, is the terrible gas mileage. We average approximately 16 mpg city, and even when I have some freeway mileage, it never seems to get over 19 mpg. The front windows rattle terribly. The tires are in need of replacement at only 27,800

Middle seat is removable and stows in the floor. Easy to remove, set up! Love how easy the seats move, fold, etc.. for storage options. Love the room in both rows. I sat comfortably in the third row, and did not feel claustrophobic!

Figure out how to better the gas mileage! Fix the loud sound coming from the front brakes during tight turns, at slow speeds (parking, and driving through lots.) Lastly, DO NOT put 1/2 mileage tires on your new vehicles! They look like nice quality Michelin Tires, but there NOT!

I would not recommend
By Darla

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought 2007 Odyssey in Dec 2009, I was very fond of Honda minivan and waited almost a year to get it, but my joy was not there for many days, the moment I bought it, i had the torque issues, but finally under warranty it was replaced for free, after that I started feeling judder and the ride was not smooth, I went and talked to the dealer and they said there is a software update, but that didn't help much, I still feel the judder and when I take it to the dealer, they are unable to figure it out. overall I am disappointed with my odyssey.

Dvd player

transmission, brakes, judder problems, torque, I think the main thing Honda had to re-look seriously is Transmission.

Nice But Disappointed
By carolyn

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this 07 Odyssey New. I have had it 2.5 yrs they have rebuilt the trans once, replaced the power steering pump once and it has always had a lack of power steering. They say there is nothing wrong with it of course. It gets good gas mileage! But, the power steering is terrible. This is my first and last Honda. I have truly been disappointed with it.