2007 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
2007 Honda Odyssey - Torque Converter
By Jason on 11/11/09 16:21 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At 30K miles, had an issue with a slight shudder at 40 mph (when shifting from 4th to 5th gear). Took it to dealership and they tried engine mounts but that was not the fix. Once the torque converter was replaced, it shifts much smoother. Now at 36K the battery died. No warning. Not sure if something is draining it (unseen door or rear compartment light). Anyway seems too early to have battery problems.

Another 3 year review
By IC-746PRO on 11/10/09 00:22 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Keep tire pressure at what's printed on the door plate--key to low tire wear and decent fuel mileage. Light foot helps! Drove it for business-80% at 70mph hwy, 20% city--avg'd 22mpg. Many trips to N. Cal & Az avg'd 23-26 mpg at 70-80mph or so w/cruise on, not bad for a shipping container on wheels. '00&'04 LX odys got 1 mpg more but were 300lbs lighter & both had the tranny whine. Noise at 1500rpm is engine lugging in high gear at low speed in my opinion. Road noise highly dependent on road surface texture. Honda does hold a patent on high road noise, however. Overall, the van has been a good value.

Good, but with reservations
By tim d on 11/09/09 21:15 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new in 2007. Overall, vehicle has been pleasant to drive and very versatile for a family of 5. Little annoying stuff keeps happening. Chunkiness when the engine goes in/out of VCM. Engine pan fell off and dragged on the road. Cracked interior trim panels. Poor paint job (color doesn't match bumper-to-body and chips too easily). Dealer changed the trans fluid and left the dipstick out, which caused t-fluid to ruin the EPDM radiator hose. Battery failed (warranty). DVD player will not play anything but the best disks (why do kids need movies anyways, we never had that stuff). Even with the issues, probably the most versatile vehicle that money can buy.

3 year review
By edog152 on 10/09/09 21:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It has almost been three years as we purchased this in 11/06, and this is our 5th Odyssey. We normally trade after 24 months but we felt we drive this one until the wheels fall off. Well we are at 104K and its still drives like a brick. Sure gas mileage could be better, but with all the conveniences that the van offers... If I wanted el cheapo I'd get a KIA... Yeah brakes shutter as the brakes get warped quick... well it is a 4000+lb tank!! I have NO regrets!!!!

Two issues, one compliant
By Doug on 09/28/09 15:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 2007 Odyssey with 20,000 miles on it which I purchased new. I've had two mechanical issues so far. The first was with a noisy power-steering unit. The noise was caused by a faulty power steering fluid reservoir which allowed air to get into the system. The second issue is with the transmission. It shutters at 20 & 40 mph under very light pedal applications. I had it to the dealer once so far without a fix. I believe it is an issue with the cylinder deactivation system. A friend had a similar issue and had their active engine mounts replaced. I may start there with the dealer on my next visit. Fuel economy is poor. Avg. 16/17 around town & 18 on vacation trip loaded down.

What a Disappointment
By Momof2 on 09/28/09 12:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned Hondas in the past and found them reliable, so I blindly chose the Odyssey when it was time for a minivan. Big mistake. This huge "mini" van drove like a bus, was difficult to park, and had problems the dealer was not able to fix. At 20K miles, the rotors warped, the front tires had to be replaced, and the front wheels were constantly out of balance. At 25K miles, the engine mounts failed, followed by the torque converter and the A/C. It vibrated all the time while driving and the dealer could do no more. Reading the reviews on this model year, I found I'm not the only one with these problems. I just traded it in on a Sienna and have never been happier.

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L
By Winer on 09/27/09 12:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We leased a 2004 and currently leasing again a 2007 Honda Odyssey. The 2004 Odyssey never gave us any mechanical or electrical troubles. So far, the problem with our 2007 Odyssey was a shorted electrical fuse which led to replacing the factory-installed battery. And since then everything is perfectly okay. My family and I love this car because it possess enough power, comfortable to drive, roomy and has an excellent safety features. Generally, Honda Odyssey or any other Japanese cars are very reliable.

Easy to like
By al on 09/24/09 15:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've had this ody since July 2007, it is our 2nd ody. We have had only minor problems, problems with the back bumper after dealer installed trailer wiring and that's it. Only changed the oil and rotated the tires. No shaking, pulling hesitation etc. just a good all around vehicle. I average 19.2mpg city and hwy. The vehicle's traction control works great up here in Alaska, but I do use dedicated studded snow tires. Road noise is much better than the last model (2002 ody), but still noticeable, actually it's not much quieter than my 2005 ford diesel. Kids love the car too, we put an alpine dvd player in it, which is easy for them to use. So this vehicle is easy to like.

Lemon, will not honor warranty
By cawood on 09/17/09 09:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Van drives like a truck. Bad front end. New tires did not help. Dealership just makes excuses. Brakes squeak and factory rep and dealership say to read the owners manual and it will say you may have squeaky brakes. They will not correct them. Owners manual comes after the purchase. How dumb is that?

Chiming in on transmission problems!
By Honda Family on 08/31/09 12:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Like many other owners we too are having transmission issues. We just had to the dealer for the transmission "judder" fix, but guess what? It's worse than it was before! Vehicle shakes at 25 MPH while transmission hunts for a gear, especially on hills. There is also an intermittent shake at highway speeds (70 MPH) that I no longer believe has anything to do with tires or alignment, but with the drivetrain itself. Like others when entering/exiting ECO mode there is too much noise from the transmission. The VCM system does not seem to improve gas mileage so I say Honda should eliminate it. We've had 7 Hondas now and this is the first and only Odyssey we will own.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.