2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Rear brake noise
By Dhudshia on 02/14/10 20:40 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have this 2007 Odyssey, dealer replaced free of charge front pad due to recall, but I have big issue with rear brake, grinding noise. Dealer in Richardson Texas check 3 times and they are telling me brake is good, but I get serious grinding noise. I highly suspect rear brake issue. I notified this to Honda corporation but no positive response received.

many issues
By Mis-take on 02/06/10 19:15 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Could not the the Toyota i wanted, so purchased the Odyssey touring. Major probs with transmission, dealer did not want to look at.. American Honda did noting to help.. have issue in lower transmission.. having more issues with tranny when coming off hwy .. car has 37500, nice car to drive if tran would work.. 2nd big issue PAX nuff said...

Problems with my 2007 Odyssey
By Mr. Unhappy owner on 01/27/10 07:49 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

#1 A freaking creaking noise when turn the ignition switch. #2 Power steering fluid pump has problem making a streaking noise. #3 Mileage is very poor not even close to Honda's promise. Even though I do have extended warranty, it is really a pain both mentally and physically. I did not paid for this piece of junk. My 4 runner had no problem for 7 years. I am not happy with my 2007 Honda Odyssey. I will never buy another honda rather stick with Toyota. Road noise is also a major problem with this van.

Is the Odyssey Now Built by Ford?
By littlechicago on 01/18/10 21:37 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2007 Odyssey is my third after an excellent 1995 and a very good 2003. The 2007 is a pig on fuel: 12 mpg in town, 24 on the highway. Never have I been able to break the 30 mpg barrier, no matter how hard I try. The interior materials are so soft they mar just by looking at them. I doesn't start like a new vehicle. The climate control system never seems to work right. The two previous Odysseys would maintain a comfortable 22 degrees, winter or summer. I am constantly adjusting the 07 to try and get something resembling comfort. The windows sporadically roll down as the spirit spirit moves... Since Ford isn't building their own van, has Honda out-sourced the Odyssey to them?

Unreliable
By Eddie on 12/30/09 08:46 AM (PST)

First problem was steering, they forgot to place oil in steering column causing creaking noise hard steering. Second, transmission slips since 15000 miles, was told to replace transmission fluid due to it being burned. I do no towing and drive normal, never had issues last 4 cars I owned. Third power steering pump has problems with air causing loud noise and fluid issues when cold. Heard there is TSB on this however I'm out of warranty. MPG what expected, love van but mechanical issues I'm not happy for I paid 32,000$. My 4 runner was much more reliable.

Really disappointed
By jim on 12/18/09 14:45 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased 2007 Honda odyssey EX-L two years ago and I got bad experience for this minivan. First it has big wind noise at highway and it shakes at 65-70 MPH. Odyssey EX-L built-in one function call VCM (it shuttle off 3 cylinders when the vehicle does not need power), this function makes vehicle drive not smooth because it often works at 3 cylinder status. Another issue is transmission - hard to shift when the vehicle at VCM status. I think all of the problems caused by VCM function. I really don’t like it; finally last week I trade it to Toyota sienna minivan.

07 Odyssey. Not as nice as the 03.
By 0_0 on 12/15/09 09:32 AM (PST)

We just traded in our 03 EXL for an 07 EXL Odyssey. 1) Sound system in the 03 was *much* better even though both were standard sound systems. The 07 speakers sound like they are stuffed in a pillow. 2) We started getting a "shudder" with the 07 when driving at 1400 RPM. It happened right before the ECO light came on. This was a few weeks after we bought it. Dealer said they'd do a "software update" 3) The 07 car feels heavier, slower, w/ less power than the 03. 4) Being able to lower the rear seats w/out removing headrests is great on the 07 vs the 03! 5) You can't slide things under the back seats like you could with the 03. :( End result? The 03 is better than the 07 by far.

Disappointed
By Gnat on 11/20/09 17:35 PM (PST)

Bought used. Battery died at 37000mi, no warning. Too many bells/whistles I guess. At 35K power steering was tight. Asked local mechanic to check, they said fluids OK, they didn't notice problem. Next time they drove it, they noticed tightness and found a bulletin about rack/pinion problem. We flushed power steering to no avail. Out of warranty now. Honda says they may help with rack/pinion. Will they? I traded in Chrysler lemon and am disappointed that I am back at the fix-it shop for more repairs...

Honda Odyssey
By jerdesab on 11/17/09 10:45 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Heavy to drive and after two years I started hearing noises on the right door. Power is not consistent. Sometimes good acceleration, most of the time bad acceleration.

JUNK! Sorry I bought it...
By GrumpyHondaOwner on 11/16/09 09:58 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bad transmission. Need a torque converter, and so far dealer and Honda refuse to help. Van is still under warranty. Also had steering pump replaced. Doors do not work properly. Pinging engine. Honda rep told me that the company does not take into consideration what customers write about their vehicles online. Maybe they will care after potential buyers read the numerous bad reviews of the Odyssey.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.