Used 2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Great on Gas!
By shwank

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The ECO turns on and you know 3 cyls are firing! You're saving major on the gas! That's a big help on ANY trip! Capacity is awesome! and the versatility of moving the seats is great. We have 2 baby seats and can still seat 4! The rear storage is VERY practical! They even have hooks for grocery bags! Kids love it. I'm actually glad we didnt get the embedded rear entertainment - Kids get their own DVD players or we just sit one between the seats for a feature presentation! With plenty of storage and lots of room - I'm glad we went with Odyssey

Favorite Features

Below floor board storage Quality of manufacture ECO feature (EXL) Removable center console/seat (2nd row) Turning radius Windshield view/driver positioning. 1st row center console folds to provide walkway to rear Versatile with many configurations!

Suggested Improvements

Dash controls - make them easier! Arm rests for 1st/2nd row - easier to configure Seat memory for drivers seat. Cup holders out of rear of center console to be in front of 2nd row of seats.

Glad that I leased it
By Vernon

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I leased the 2007 Odyssey EX-L due to the transmission issues that I've read in forums. Van was quiet for the first year, but on the 2 and 3rd year, I hear creaking noise when moving from a stopped position. Dealer fixed with silicon lubricant on doors, but it returned after 6 months. Steering pump reservoir had to be replaced, paid out of pocket as it was out of warranty. TMPS light up occasionally, steering wheel vibrations at 110-115 km/h. Honda says road force balancing, but no guarantee. Even with my snow tires its the same. No transmission issues but was part of the recall for two sw updates on the transmission. Brake rotors were warped at 30k, replaced with after market.

Favorite Features

Lots of room, versatile utility van. Rides smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Power tail gate, MP3 player, built in sunshade for the 3rd row. Allow for VSA to be turned on or off even with TPMS light is on.

Worst Purchase Ever
By Honda Odyssey EX-L

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is by far the worst Honda I've ever had the displeasure of owning. Since I started driving in 1996 I have had several Honda vehicles and NEVER had a problem with them. Then I decided to trade in a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country on this piece of junk. In 3 years of ownership and 36,000 miles I have taken it in to be fixed so many times that I literally have a repair record stack 1" thick. The automatic door on the passenger side has broken 3 times, the brakes have broken, the transmission has needed to be overhauled, the power steering has leaked, and too many more things to list. The final straw is the door breaking after being "repaired" three weeks ago. This will be gone ASAP.

Favorite Features

Interior design is nice and convenient, especially with three kids.

Suggested Improvements

Seating is uncomfortable after 3 years of use. More importantly they need to stop relying on Honda's reputation to carry this piece of junk and actually build a decent vehicle.

Transmission/Brake Problems DO NOT BUY
By Gene

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Horrible transmission shudder. Rotors warped at 28k. I usually get 70k out of brakes. Transmission has been in twice for updates, etc. Still horrible. Huge delay when shifting into park. You sometimes end up doing a neutral drop by accident. Gear hunting at 35-40 mph. Can't make up its mind and just pulses. Did I mention transmission problems? You can take to dealer but there is no "real" fix. Just a bad product. I was a Honda person, through and through. Now, not so much. This cost me 35k and it drives like a 15k automobile. Extremely disappointed. Glad I bought the 7 yr 120k warranty as I think I am going to need it. Pretty sad to say that about a Honda.:- ((

Favorite Features

Kids like the Entertainment system. Controls are nice. Pretty easy to change Oil too.

Suggested Improvements

Recall Transmissions, not just a "software update" There is a problem, own up to it and fix it. Put some Honda Quality back into your products, or end up down with the Nissan's.

Extremely Happy So Far!
By zawski961

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Let me get right to the point. There is no transmission shutter at 30 mph and 50+ mph in the 2007 Honda Odyssey EX that I purchased this past June. The brakes are fine. My minivan was not manufactured at the plant that produced all the 2007 Odysseys that had to be recalled for the brakes. I promised myself that I would write a review 1 month after I purchased this used 2007 Odyssey EX after making a couple of 250 mile round trips and seeing how the van rode locally and on the highway. I'm very happy with this minivan and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good used minivan. I'll probably write again with an updated review after 6 months.

Favorite Features

Cruise control, rear climate control, and the stowable middle passenger seat that allows passenger captain's chairs to be pushed together if the middle seat is stored. Also, the ride is very smooth and quiet and it accelerates from 0-60 very quickly for a minivan.

Suggested Improvements

Overall no major suggestions or improvements. It could have been a little easier to install my satellite radio antenna. The dashboard and console isn't great for mounting the satellite receiver either but these are very minor complaints.