Used 2007 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 281 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Best Vehicle I Ever Owned!
By Brian

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After own a 2 Dodge Caravan and replacing the 3 transmissions later it was time for a change. I drive a lot of miles in a day to go to and from work. All of the miles are highway. It is now Sept 2010 and the only thing I've had to do was general maintenance according to Honda's requirements. Tires, brakes and timing belt replacement were the most pricey repairs. Change the oil when required. I'm on my second set of brakes in 122,000 miles. Second set of tires. I'm 6'4" so I'm loving the higher ceiling and the leg room.

I'm 6'4" so I'm love the higher ceiling and the leg room. Great for road trips. Plenty of room and great seat configuration. Middle seats power windows. My fav addition was the MP3 line to control my I-Pod on my steering wheel and the subwoofer. Nice bright headlights!! Great acceleration. Moonroof

Make the MP3 connection a standard. Powered Lumbar control.

Great Family Vehicle!
By 1stHonda

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2007 EX-L on March 07. It is a great vehicle for the family, because it's comfortable and nice to drive. The ride is smooth, but there is more road noise than I would like. The seats are comfy, but a bit hard, and it's not that thirsty for fuel. Although the exterior is sort of bland and boring, the interior is really luxurious and well designed. Some panels aren't fitted very well together, and some of the materials used (plastics) aren't very inviting. A great family vehicle, but it needs some adjustments.

The interior is luxurious, the ride is smooth, the seats are comfortable, very spacious and versatile, and it's nice to drive.

Road noise is too much, seats are too hard, need better fit and finish, and need better materials.

Bad Decision
By Odyssey EX

2007 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used April,2010 My complaint issues are cheap plastic on the interior that seems to scratch if anything touches it. The passenger slider door needed guide roller replaced at 47,000. It now sometimes jams when opening. The dealer tells me this is a safety feature that activates when the window is down. It activates on ours without the window down. Also, that door sticks and our 9 year old daughter can't open it. They have put their door grease on it several times and it doesn't help. Transmission labors at 50 mph. Recall did not help this. Service rep says he has one that does the same. Also The seats are not even close to Chrysler for ride comfort. I'm trading for Chrysler

It does have better acceleration then the Chrysler it replaced and handles sharper.

Go back to the build quality that got you your reputation. As it is, I'll not buy another Honda

Second Honda that is really Bad
By SSS

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Crack on Windshield within 18 months, Battery went dead with 12 months, One tire had to be replaced since it bulged a bit (paid >$200), dealer never accepted that it was manufacturing mistake, Feeling air flowing through vent even when A/C is off, Alignment gets messed up immediately after 2 weeks of aligning at the dealership (lots of wasted money), not a comfortable ride at all (My Honda Civic had similar problems too not the same, bought both at the same dealership). I really don't like driving Hondas anymore.

Everything except

Nothing But Problems
By Todd

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Let me start off with saying that this is the first and last Honda that I will ever owned. The car shakes when the VCO light is on (3 cylinder mode). The car has been into the dealership for transmission updates to correct this problem. I had a VSA light on the dash and the dealership had to replace the VSA module at a cost of $1350.00 and the car is just 20 days out of warranty. Brake rotors had to be turned at 15,000 miles due to a wheel vibration. DVD monitor was defective right from the factory.This car has poor mpg at around 20 on the highway.

Interior design and styling.

Start with reliability and quality would be a start!