Used 2007 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Extremely Disapointed
By Holly

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Loved our old Odyssey but it started having problems. Now we get in our brand new Odyssey and the first thing I think is "I HATE THIS VAN" every time it rains all the windows fog up so bad we cant see, takes over an hour before they defog - told it's a common complaint. Gas mileage is worse than horrid. Impossible to get feet warm, unless you sit on them - heated seats work. Can't put anything under the console between the two front seats. If something even lightly touches the arm, the tray goes down, has only happened when the coffee cups are full and of course hot. Can't drive with the windows down, the noise is ear piercing. I'd trade it in for a different Make if I could afford it.

Looks good.

Better gas mileage, better design for wind resistance, non collapsible center console, more storage, move the open sunroof button away from the open door buttons. Better air flow inside and did I say, Better Gas mileage?!!!

Holy Grail for 2007 Buying advice
By Rajan

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Be sure you need a van, the bulk gets to you after a while. On HWY and/or snow, its unbeatable.On hills & low speed it is not great. If you do town driving and like good MPG then buy something else. MPG will get better after 15000. Transmission droning sound especially at 1500 RPM which is where it likes to stay is true, > or <1500 RPM gets rid of the drone. Pay extra for rear parking assist. VCM works well but the 08 model had 3,4 or 6 cyl operation.

Seats are the best for long journeys and even second row seats are full size. The VSA works great and saved my life this winter.

The heating controls are very small on EXL, Hard to do without taking your eyes off the road. Move HVAC to where radio is. Make the LCD for radio and HVAC a bit larger. Curve the dash so drivers don't have to lean forward to get to controls.

Fuel Economy Nonexistent
By Greg

2007 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall the van is OK, but the mileage is awful! Nowhere near the EPA posted rating even with the +/- 3mpg. We found this shocking having owned a Honda Accord in the past and the gas mileage was one of the things we were happy about. Honda needs to investigate this issue and correct and not have the dealers tell the customer "it's hot in the summer" or "it must be the way you drive." Spring, summer, fall or winter and irrespective of how you drive, the gas mileage in the city will barely crack 14 mpg.

FIX THE GAS MILEAGE or at least report it honestly. Also, paint is easily nicked or scratched. Seems as though the paint quality has fallen as well.

Best Minivan Overall
By steelerfan786

2007 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second review. My first was right after the purchase. I noticed that a lot of people have complained about the mileage especially on an EX- L. I own a EX and when it was new the mileage was a little disappointing. Live in Chicago Took a trip to Michigan with it. With the Van full of people and luggage doing 75mph on cruise I Got 23.2 mpg. My best in the city after first oil change was 19 mpg I was pretty impressed. I noticed that now it has 6200 miles the mileage has improved. I keep my climate control on auto, all the time and idle the van because of the cold before driving.

power sliding doors, auto climate control, 6 disc CD changer, Ride.

auto headlights, better sound system

Don't Even Think About It
By guinness1969

2007 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Never should have traded in our 2004 Odyssey. This car maybe gets 13 miles per gallon no matter how we drive. The automatic doors need to be repaired. There is a radio antenna in the window so the reception is poor at best. A tremendous amount of interior noise. Problem with transmission. Van always bucking when you decelerate. Unable to duplicate they say. All in all a piece of crap. Please do not buy this Van. Honda should be ashamed of themselves.

Looks good when parked in the garage

Find out problem with fuel economy. Make it drive like a Honda not a Kia. Fix transmission problems