Used 2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Love my Big White Minivan ( ICEBOX )
By ike eisiminger

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are a older couple (no kids ). It's great to get in and out of. Handing is outstanding. Lots of power-wish gas was cheaper so I could use it. At 5500 miles our gas mileage is 26-28 hwy only at 70 mph. We don't drive in city very much, we use a scooter for that. Only problem so far has been soft brakes, twice to dealer ok now. Had a olds sil. Before Honda was a great upgrade. Ride is smooth, quiet and controlled. Best looking minivan inside and out. Great dash, lots of nooks and crannies for storage. Seats in 1st and 2nd row are very comfortable, haven't tried 3rd row yet.

Entry and exit. great engine.overall looks inside and out.

Wow - been thinking for 10, can't think of anything yet.

Great Van
By haris

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great minivan. I don't know why all these people are complaining about gas mileage. I usually get 20 MPG.

It is very fun to drive. It is just great for long road trips. The passengers in the back can be just as comfortable as the ones in the front.

The driver's seat does not seem very comfortable. The sliding door sometimes gets stuck.

Do NOT buy Honda Minivans
By Arun Gupta

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van has too many design flaws when I compare it to my 8 year old Dodge Caravan which I traded in. I could tolerate design flaws but I cannot tolerate transmission bumps when shifting up and down shifting. The dealer's "expert" mechanic says that this is how all Honda minivans shift. Not comfortable to feel sudden bumps when going from 60 to 70 mph. Many Honda user forums also complain about this bump. The engine also makes a lot of noise when driven between 40-60 mph. The dealer again says that this is how it is. Unacceptable. The bumps and noise make driving experience horrible.

None. All the features this minivan offers are standard on all competing minivans.

01. Better placement of side-mirror heater control. The side mirror heater should go off automatically. 02. Better placement of instrument panel brightness control. 03. The software on nav system cannot be updated. There is no fix available for daylight saving time change.

Very noisy vehicle
By Bill Kongable

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van turned out to be very noisy and hard riding. On the test drive the car performed well , had a good ride and didn't seem noisy. After arriving at home, I checked the tires as is my practice and found that the tires wee inflated at 28 psi although the door sticker says 36 is the recommended pressure. Think the dealer did this on purpose? I keep 32 psi in my tires. We took a 2000 mile trip right after the purchase and found the road and tire noise to be very bad and the rough ride made the trip very unpleasant. Gas mileage is 16-18. My 99 Chrysler T&C got better mileage and had a far more comfortable ride. It's a good looking vehicle but not the superior all-round on that I expected.

Handling, instrument panel, good headlights

Improve road and tire noise. Soften the ride.

Won't Buy Another
By Harry

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have NEVER been so dissatisfied with this purchase. Traded a 2002 Sienna w/60K that had better gas mileage and was TROUBLE FREE. Tried trading this unit back in to two different Honda dealers, now with 8K. BOTH will only offer 4K BELOW TRADE! Must be because of the maintenance history! Engine throttle appears low, was reprogrammed, still the same. Windows fog on wet days, takes forever to defog. Headliner coming apart at windshield. Sunglass holder broke. Stone dead battery at only 5K. Have had SEVERAL electrical issues, shorted out headlamp switch and relays. Sometimes doors don't unlock. We wish we still had our old Toyota! What a mistake buying this van!

Comfortable seating. Good handling.

Improve gas mpg and reliability!