Used 2007 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 281 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Underwhelmed, poor MPG
By src

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought Odyssey after driving a 2001 Caravan to 138K miles. The Caravan rode better than the Odyssey and got better mileage. Sorry, but it's true. We've taken a couple of long road trips (3,000+ miles) and the Ody does well, but it does seem louder than it should be and the mileage is very poor. The "3 cylinder" fuel saving pitch is a joke. Why can't it beat my 2001 Caravan in MPG? I'm very disappointed in the mileage. My wife an I are Realtors in our 40s and she wanted navigation because the map books are becoming harder to read when getting around. We do like the navigation but it seems to be 2 or 3 years behind in the streets included. Most newer neighborhoods are not in the GPS.

Navigation, leather seats, interior space, appearance, handling.

Improve mileage.

Lies
By James

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Odyssey is a great van, but Honda has misrepresented its fuel economy. The window sticker indicated the van would average 19 city and 26 hwy for mpg. After 10,000 miles the best I've seen is 22 mpg on the hwy and my average fuel economy has been 17 to 18 mpg. I anticipated my average fuel economy would be 22.5 mpg when purchasing the van. The reduction to 18 will cost me $5,700 if I drive it for 150,000 miles at $4.00 a gallon. Can I suggest class action law suit?

DVD player, auto doors

Fuel economy, auto lift gate, MP3 connect

Terrible Mileage
By bflow

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've had our '07 Honda Odyssey EXL-RES for about 6 months. Like everyone else says, the MPG is horrible. In the third month, dealer had to "replace the fuse box" because the wipers would only work on high, brights would not work, and car alarm would not arm - major annoyances. The exterior and interior of the van are nice. The shifting is VERY uneven and like another poster said, is very pronounced when coasting. I never thought I would miss my Grand Caravan but I do.

Nice interior. Stowable seats

Fuel economy - the electronic valve control (?) is a joke. Shifting is very jerky.

Safe, fun, roomy.
By Dave C

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The main reason I came here is to say that I was able to avoid a head on collision and the Odyssey took it all in stride. An approaching car doing about 40 crossed into our lane as we were doing 40 (driver was texting). Two adults, a child, and an infant were on board the Ody. With a palm on the horn, I swerve HARD right towards the curbing, and then swerved HARD left to avoid the woods. The oncoming car missed the front left by inches and the van actually DRIFTED cleanly around the nose of the oncoming car as it passed within inches to our left flank. The van was totally composed with no roll tendency and the drift was corrected by the stability system.

Quiet ride, firm but quiet suspension, plenty of power, tons of room, great handling in emergency situation. Holds it's value. Camper like convenience. Pass-through front seats. Nice paint. Great headlights.

HVAC controls nice, but confusing. Side door handles pull at awkward angle. Oil filter drains onto subframe when changing. Slight rattle in both side doors. Firm up the brake pedal, it's the only thing that does not feel like a good car.

Quirk with 3rd gear
By Penny

2007 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very, very disappointed with the gas mileage. City is 15-16; haven't done much highway, but it was 18 once. As I approach 3rd gear (around 38-40 mph), there is a surge forward with the van, even if I don't have my foot on the gas at the time. Asked service person, and he said that unless the red light comes on the dashboard, they can't diagnose it. I wish I could trade it in, but I need the room for carpool for my grandchildren. My husband has had 5 Accords, but this is my first and last Honda! Bring back my Toyota 4-Runner!

Great handling, good headlights, storage space.

Light up the clock, radio stations, and heat/ac mode with the green lighting like the mileage has during the day. Change places between the heat&a/c with the radio/disk. It's a stretch to reach the radio buttons--vents should be up higher. On/off button for radio on steering wheel. Gas mileage!