Used 2007 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Great Van
By haris

2007 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great minivan. I don't know why all these people are complaining about gas mileage. I usually get 20 MPG.

Favorite Features

It is very fun to drive. It is just great for long road trips. The passengers in the back can be just as comfortable as the ones in the front.

Suggested Improvements

The driver's seat does not seem very comfortable. The sliding door sometimes gets stuck.

Do NOT buy Honda Minivans
By Arun Gupta

2007 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van has too many design flaws when I compare it to my 8 year old Dodge Caravan which I traded in. I could tolerate design flaws but I cannot tolerate transmission bumps when shifting up and down shifting. The dealer's "expert" mechanic says that this is how all Honda minivans shift. Not comfortable to feel sudden bumps when going from 60 to 70 mph. Many Honda user forums also complain about this bump. The engine also makes a lot of noise when driven between 40-60 mph. The dealer again says that this is how it is. Unacceptable. The bumps and noise make driving experience horrible.

Favorite Features

None. All the features this minivan offers are standard on all competing minivans.

Suggested Improvements

01. Better placement of side-mirror heater control. The side mirror heater should go off automatically. 02. Better placement of instrument panel brightness control. 03. The software on nav system cannot be updated. There is no fix available for daylight saving time change.

Very noisy vehicle
By Bill Kongable

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van turned out to be very noisy and hard riding. On the test drive the car performed well , had a good ride and didn't seem noisy. After arriving at home, I checked the tires as is my practice and found that the tires wee inflated at 28 psi although the door sticker says 36 is the recommended pressure. Think the dealer did this on purpose? I keep 32 psi in my tires. We took a 2000 mile trip right after the purchase and found the road and tire noise to be very bad and the rough ride made the trip very unpleasant. Gas mileage is 16-18. My 99 Chrysler T&C got better mileage and had a far more comfortable ride. It's a good looking vehicle but not the superior all-round on that I expected.

Favorite Features

Handling, instrument panel, good headlights

Suggested Improvements

Improve road and tire noise. Soften the ride.

Won't Buy Another
By Harry

2007 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have NEVER been so dissatisfied with this purchase. Traded a 2002 Sienna w/60K that had better gas mileage and was TROUBLE FREE. Tried trading this unit back in to two different Honda dealers, now with 8K. BOTH will only offer 4K BELOW TRADE! Must be because of the maintenance history! Engine throttle appears low, was reprogrammed, still the same. Windows fog on wet days, takes forever to defog. Headliner coming apart at windshield. Sunglass holder broke. Stone dead battery at only 5K. Have had SEVERAL electrical issues, shorted out headlamp switch and relays. Sometimes doors don't unlock. We wish we still had our old Toyota! What a mistake buying this van!

Favorite Features

Comfortable seating. Good handling.

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mpg and reliability!

Cheep interior/ poor fuel economy
By brigym77

2007 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this vehicle to replace horrible Dodge Caravan. Very happy with Honda except for the use of very cheep interior plastics and poor fuel economy. (12-15 city/ 17-20 hwy.) The plastic around the glove box, cup holders, and floor boards have many scratches and look worn.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine, interior flexibility, sliding side doors, exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Interior fit and finish, fuel economy.