Used 2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews - 281 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

honda van
By charlie

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded my 07 van. The in town economy is 16 mpg. The road noise was more than my 02 [same van]. Highway economy, great [26 mpg] the van had 6500 miles when traded. Both bought new. Window sticker said 19 mpg in town

Nice van, a few problems
By shelly

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have mixed feelings about my Odyssey. I love the convenient features but I have had a few problems. We had vibrations/noise from the driver's side front area. After a second trip to the dealer it seems to be fixed. The steering column needed to be lubricated. I guess there is a "bulletin" out about this problem. Also, I had to have my rear bumper repainted because paint was peeling off! I had my front grill replaced due to a paint bubble. I hope this turns out to be a reliable vehicle after all these problems are worked out because I didn't expect this when purchasing a Honda at this price!

seating flexibility, all the creature comforts

Better quality from the factory! Simplify the heat/ac controls.

Better at hauling people than cargo
By marty

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love our Odyssey. It very comfortable, sportier to drive than you'd think and we expect it to last a long time. The third seat has proven comfortable for adults on a 1.5 hour ride. What it doesn't do so well is haul cargo. The cargo floor is not perfectly flat or smooth. This seems to be a trade off for the easy to fold third row, parts of the hinges stick up. It's impossible to slide things in and out and if you have to crawl in and get something you are sure to scream when you land a knee on one of the hard plastic hinges. Likewise there is a lot of exposed hardware in the floor around the middle row than can get knees, toes and fingers.

The engine and steering make this van very nice to drive - like a good sedan. Plenty of power even when loaded with six adults. We think it's quite inside on most pavement, though many reviews I read comment about road noise.

The third row seats are so easy to fold, I'd hate to give that up, but the exposed hinges are a problem. [We bought a Hatch bag brand cover for the back which helps, but is was more than $100.] Create some covers or mats for the middle row seat mounts in the floor.

Honda should be held accountable
By barbara

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have seen many suggestions of a class action lawsuit in reviews regarding Honda's claim of MPG and the actual MPG that consumers have noted. I too am extremely disappointed that Honda claimed 26 MPG on the road for this vehicle. I am lucky to get 12/13 on the highway. Also, the shift is not smooth nor is the ride comfortable on a long trip. The lift gate is incredibly difficult to manage. I am constantly asking for assistance in the grocery store parking lot. No excuse for a door to be that difficult to lower, especially since an automatic was not an option on this model. I was so pleased with my Toyota Sienna, and definitely went "downhill" with this purchase.

MPG, options that are usually included on similar models should be inclusive here. Shifting should be smoother and it shouldn't drive like a truck. AND FIX THE LIFT GATE!

Seat Belts
By BH

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Three of the seat belts have a nick on the edge of the belt. I can tear the belt material with my hands at the nick. I understand these belts are design for tension force but should any belt develop a nick I sure the tensile force would be reduced. Honda quoted $385 to replace belt.

Limited manufactures available for replacement tires which creates a inflates price.