Used 2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Good build but MPG bad
By gamed

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Can't complain about the build or interior. Very poor gas mileage at 12- 13 MPG city. Been trying to drive like Grandma to see if it improves but even then it barely makes 15 MPG. And yes I'm on my 3rd oil change so it's broken in. It's a minivan so didn't expect 30 MPG but it's no where near what the sticker promised. The transmission is real chunky - shifts are not smooth and doesn't handle hills well which doesn't help the MPG. And handling isn't at all car-like - more like a truck. In this era of $4-5 gas the Odyssey just doesn't make sense - I would have been better off with a Sienna or a Caravan. I am really ticked off that Honda lied about the MPG - first and last Honda I buy.

Favorite Features

Interior well laid out, rear entertainment system, build quality very high - feels rock solid

Suggested Improvements

Either improve gas mileage or re-state what the estimated gas mileage is actually going to be once you drive it off the lot! Honda promised 35% better than what I'm getting.

Things to consider
By Lynda

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I called myself researching extensively prior to purchase and overall I am pleased with many aspects of my Odyssey. the things I am most unhappy with seem trivial but I find annoying. My 1998 Explorer had more features than my 2007 EXL. Cannot charge my phone with ignition turned off;the radio is horrible and believe me I am not one to complain about radio sounds but this is very bad. The lights do not come on or off automatically; No MP3 or bluetooth ( I just assumed most of these features would be present- purchasing the next to top of the line) would have bought the touring except did not have option on tires. the bumper is scratched & i see this with most I see on the road.

Favorite Features

ride-- very fun to drive -- forget it is a Van. Room is great- head room and space between seats.

Suggested Improvements

Features that are routine on other cars should be added bumper protection on ledge GAS MILEAGE--not as advertised cup holders in second row not available for preschoolers-- they cannot reach in door. Sun screen in second row hard to get to until doors are closed

2nd Odyssey
By Minivan

My wife and I think the Honda Odyssey is the nicest car we have ever owned and plan on buying another one in a year or two. The only complaints we have are the difficulty of strapping oneself in with the seat belts as it seems to be too tight of a fit and we wish the second row seats folded into the floor as they do on the Dodge Caravan and other minivans. Minor complaints on an otherwise excellent car ! It's extremely quiet and comfortable to drive on the open highway. We love the rear view mirror and Navigational Aid which we use often. It has good get up and go when you need it. An overall excellent choice if you like minivans.

Favorite Features

Rear view mirror and Navigational Aide.

Suggested Improvements

Second row seats should be fold away as are the third row seats. Seat belts should be easier to latch into place.

Good Mini-Van, Poor GAS MILAGE
By Eitan

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Odyssey drives well, The driver seat is good and supports the driver's back (Driving a Toyota Sienna for few hours every day caused me back pain, the Odyssey is much better). Gas/mileage is poor 17 mixed city/hwy (40/60%), and 18.5 hwy. with or without Air, 70 mph, Driver only. My other vehicle is SUV with 4.5L engine, much heavier, with 340 Hp, does 14 city, and 19 Hwy. Sales sticker 19/26. Honda dealer found that the Gas/mileage is within spec. Another problem is the paint that peals of the bumpers. My 2004 Odyssey had a similar 3.5L Engine, but gas mileage was ~20 city/hwy

Favorite Features

Drive well, a bit heavy, 8 seats (one for a child). Bluetooth should be standard feature, as it becomes mandatory in California.

Suggested Improvements

Poor Gas/mileage. Noisy on the Hwy. below average breaking system - slow breaking, sometimes squeaking. Hard to see the back and the front when parking.

Underwhelmed, poor MPG
By src

We bought Odyssey after driving a 2001 Caravan to 138K miles. The Caravan rode better than the Odyssey and got better mileage. Sorry, but it's true. We've taken a couple of long road trips (3,000+ miles) and the Ody does well, but it does seem louder than it should be and the mileage is very poor. The "3 cylinder" fuel saving pitch is a joke. Why can't it beat my 2001 Caravan in MPG? I'm very disappointed in the mileage. My wife an I are Realtors in our 40s and she wanted navigation because the map books are becoming harder to read when getting around. We do like the navigation but it seems to be 2 or 3 years behind in the streets included. Most newer neighborhoods are not in the GPS.

Favorite Features

Navigation, leather seats, interior space, appearance, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Improve mileage.