2007 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
First 3,000 miles
By Paco on 03/27/07 20:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased the van at the end of December and have put a little over 3000 miles on it. I had a 2005 Toyota Sienna which I traded in that was probably the most annoying car I've ever owned with its transmission problems and clunks, clanks, squeaks, groans, etc. So far the van has done very well with the following exceptions: 1. It has a chirping, scraping, hissing noise that isn't real loud but it is annoying especially at 30 mph and 1500 RPM-louder when you first start out. 2. Gas mileage is poor-17 combined city and highway and 19 on the highway. 3. It misses when idling and jumps a bit when the AC compressor goes on & off.

Best Produced-Best Looking-Best Driving
By Troy M. on 03/26/07 01:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I were never Van people. But since retiring and needing more room when visiting our 6 grandchildren, we started researching the van market. And after reviewing and driving the top 5, we settled on the 2007 Honda Odyssey Touring, loaded. We travel a good bit and the voice activated nav. really comes in handy. We haven't found anything negative about about our van as yet. Fun, responsive, roomy, elegant appointments and all electronics are easy to access and learn, even for us no-techs. We couldn't be more satisfied. Thanks Honda for engineering such a great machine.

Minivan Must-Have
By Soccerball22 on 03/21/07 08:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Shortly after purchasing our Odyssey, we loaded 4 adults, two kids, & two large boxes into the van for a trip to the park. Not only were we all comfortable, but we could have easily fit another 2 adults. The ride is smooth, and the van corners like a coupe.

Great Choice
By FlaDad on 03/20/07 11:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van drives like a dream! Everything is great, from the quality of the paint to the quality of the cloth interior. We looked at Nissan, Toyota, Hyundai, Ford, and Dodge (didn't even consider GM) It was down to Toyota and Honda, and we chose the Odyssey because it was the most bang for the buck.

Little improved over 2001 model
By Peteman on 03/19/07 08:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a disappointment after owning a 2001. Fit / finish are not as good. Cabin noise is only slightly improved. Fuel Economy with the variable displacement has been about 16 mpg around town. Max mpg of 20 on a 200 miles trip.

First Van
By nowavanguy on 03/16/07 09:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We researched the Sienna and this one and finally went for the odyssey because it drove better and looks better overall than the Sienna, in my opinion. On the inside, they are both pretty competitive and I did not find anything that stood out that was better than the other. The Sienna had all these confusing package options with not all option packages that you like available in all regions. This is a mess. On the contrary Honda has implemented a simpler scheme where you have 4 or 5 basic packages and individual accessories on top on them to choose from. A nice van overall.

In love
By raam on 03/07/07 15:15 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had my Odyssey for 4 days, but already I love it! It's a great drive, handles just like a sporty car. Everything is so lush and classy looking.

Not Hooked On Honda Yet
By Steph on 03/06/07 18:35 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove my van off the lot once, after the papers were signed.. Big mistake.. Bad vibration in the steering wheel. Service Director is great, but after 7 service visits I'm a little irritated. Oil leak, still trying to determine from where. Engine backfired today. The tires and wheels have been replaced once working on the second time. I wish I had better things to say.. OH, my gas mileage finally improved when I hit 5,000 miles, I average 19 in the city! I think the steering is a little to sensitive so I seem to oversteer a lot. It does great in the snow. The seats are very comfy. The interior plastic scratches really easy, so I tell the kids don't kick it or let the seat belt hit it.

Great Little Van
By B17Joker on 02/26/07 18:14 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great look, ride, performance. Former Dodge minivan owner, Interior very nice, comfortable seats, good sound system. Road feel is solid, stable. Bought this one in Colorado and immediately drove it to Louisiana. I look forward to a pleasant ownership experience.

Almost perfect van
By LuvMyVan on 02/20/07 18:34 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought first of year, and have loved it so far. Extremely comfortable for all passengers, drives almost like a car, and the build/material quality makes it feel like a bit more expensive vehicle. We have friends with a $50K Lexus GX470, which is nice, but doesn't feel like it's worth twice as expensive as the EX-L. We added our own DVD system, so the only thing missing is Navigation.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.