Used 2007 Honda Odyssey EX Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Problems, Problems, Problems - UPDATED
By edmund21

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is an update of my 4/10/14 review. Since then I have had to replace the power steering rack and pinion and the front motor mount. The rack was a $1700. job and the mount $450. Honda USA refused to admit their recalled power steering pump damaged the rack and did not offer any "good will" discount. It's a money pit. I'm going back to German for my next vehicle. Here's my 4/14 review: I bought this van used. My mechanic, a 30 year veteran, did pre-purchace inspections on six Odysseys before we found a well maintained one with 60K. I was happy with the van for the first few months, and then....problem after problem: a blown power steering line, overheating caused by a faulty Honda fuse.

Favorite Features

A bad power steering pump, and a leaking power steering rack (at 64K?!). I called Honda USA about the leaking power steering rack and asked them for what is known in the business as "Goodwill". They were arrogant, refused, and could care less about repeat customers. I will never buy another Honda. The power steering pump was recalled by Honda a month after I bought it, and three months after the new pump was installed the power steering rack started leaking. The power steering rack seal leak is a common problem in Odysseys - and is a $1700 repair. The defective pump Honda recalled let air into the system damaging the rack. The Odyssey is a badly designed vehicle. 4 SAFETY RECALLS SO FAR.

Suggested Improvements

DO NOT BUY AN ODYSSEY, they have all kinds of hidden problems, buy a Toyota or a Nissan minivan, Consumer Reports rates their reliability well above the Odyssey. Don't buy into the Honda reliability myth. My BMW 1999 328i had fewer problems in fourteen years than the Honda Odyssey has had in one and a half years. I'm stuck with it for now. What's going to go next? This is one LOUD NOISEY VAN AT HIGH SPEEDS.

Problems, problems, problems.
By edmund21

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van used. My mechanic, a 30 year veteran, did pre-purchace inspections on six Odysseys before we found a well maintained one with 60K. I was happy with the van for the first few months, and then....problem after problem: a blown power steering line, overheating caused by a faulty Honda fuse, a bad power steering pump, and a leaking power steering rack (at 64K?!). I called Honda USA about the leaking power steering rack and asked them for what is known in the business as "Goodwill". They were arrogant, refused, and could care less about repeat customers. I will never buy another Honda.

Favorite Features

The power steering pump was recalled by Honda a month after I bought it, and three months after the new pump was installed the power steering rack started leaking. The power steering rack seal leak is a common problem in Odysseys - and is a $1700 repair. The defective pump Honda recalled could a have let air into the system damaging the rack. The Odyssey is a badly designed vehicle. They've just issued a recall on the vehicle stability system.

Suggested Improvements

DO NOT BUY AN ODYSSEY, they have all kinds of hidden problems, buy a Toyota or a Nissan minivan, Consumer Reports rates their reliability well above the Odyssey. Don't buy into the Honda reliability myth. My 1999 328i had less problems in fourteen years than the Odyssey has had one and a half years. I'm stuck with it for now. What's going to go next?

Still Running Great
By sb2323

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used in 2009. It now has 120,000 miles, a mix of long highway driving and short trips. This car has not been babied. Only maintenance is oil/filter changes. We've had to put a couple thousand dollars into it replacing normal aging things. Passenger side door has to be pulled twice to get it to close or open and it kinda thuds when it does. The cloth interior has a lot of worn spots and paint around the bumper is peeling in places. Overall it's been a great car. The kids hate driving in an "uncool" minivan but love having room for a bunch of friends. They love the interior as well. This car is great for long road trips. Very comfortable. I plan to drive it another 100,000.

Favorite Features

Good handling, good acceleration, tight turning radius, smooth and quiet ride, comfortable seats, lots of great storage, well laid out, full size spare, ability to seat eight, ability to reconfigure center row as needed. 6'6" husband is not cramped, nor is the person who sits behind him. (Though a full grown man might have less legroom than he'd like if he sat behind my husband.)

Suggested Improvements

It was a great car for its year. The new Odysseys look a lot less minivan-like, which is great and which I would have appreciated. One problem I've had with my Odyssey is I can't readily see the gas gauge. My line of sight is somehow blocked by the steering wheel. This is the only car that I'm not infrequently shocked into realizing I'm almost on E. My husband, who is a foot taller than me, has the same issue.

So Far So Good 68,000 miles!
By mlady

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm surprised at how many wrote in saying they were disappointed with the 07) but the star rating they gave the van was 4 stars--huh? This is our second Odyssey. Our first was a 2004 lease that was very nice. A few problems we had with the 04 were covered under warranty. The battery had to be replaced, rear window in the back motor had to be replaced. And even though I hit the button to lock the car (and heard the beep) one of the back doors was not locking. For our 2007 . We now have 68,000 miles on the car and it has been very reliable (knock on wood) all we had to do was normal maintenance. New tires, alignment, battery, and brakes. We did replace the battery (with in first 2 years

Favorite Features

Roomy interior can't be beat. Plus, the back fold down seats come in handy time to time. Love all the cup holders and trays (great for a traveling family). Our 04 had a DVD for movies (great for the kids). Our 07 did not, and I miss that.

Suggested Improvements

07 model the only down I've found that is annoying is that the back windows cannot be opened (alone) front windows have to be opened too or you get a horrible wind thumping sound through out the cabin. Also, when waiting for a light and another car is playing their radio bass loud the van will pick-up the vibration (noise) in the car. I'm not sure if this has to do with the car design or the tires picking up the vibration.

Bad 2007 Odyssey
By eric1987

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First and last Honda. We get only 12 MPG in city and the dealership says it is within specs. At 55K miles on 3rd battery, tire rods had to be replaced, power steering pump replaced and now the motor mounts being replace. When we took it in for the tire rods they informed us that the motor mounts were bad, however, they failed to tell us it was under warranty and wanted us to pay $1K. Read the warranty book and found out it was covered. Discussed with the service manager and got a BS excuse for not informing us that it was covered. Piece of junk.

Favorite Features

We like the room but the quality is not what I expected from a honda. Going back to GM.