Used 2007 Honda Odyssey LX Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Is Honda reliable anymore?
By Gabe

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car since 2007, 24K miles. In the firs three months I the Cd player stopped working, oil moist under oil pan, leaking radiator and bad catalyst converter- Honda fixed it for free because it was under factory warranty. Cost aprox $3,00.00 The transmission shifts rough sometimes. Engine pinging noise- preignition? Power Steering leak! At 72K miles the Crankshaft Pulley is out- need new belt and pulley just the parts $450.00 parts and labor. 74K brake recall. I took the vehicle in and more problems: TPMS sensor out- $150.00, CV axle $350.00, Motor Mounts $500.00. All the maintenance was done on time. I am just wondering where is the Reliability Honda used have?

Great Engine Design and Power. Great storage w a lot of compartments inside. Very good handling!

Better Brakes,too much road noise, paint quality, transmission should shift smoother, Power Steering, BETTER PARTS! Gas mileage could be better! Honda should value its customers.

Not good in bad weather
By paula

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My sister had an older model and loved it. I bought mine just before winter hit and big mistake! This van goes absolutely no where in the snow (I have been through 2 winters with it and I am now trading it in because of how bad it is). It truly makes me nervous to drive in any kind of bad weather with my kids in the car. Also, both my nieghbor and I have had several problems with the doors. I would not buy or recommend this car to anyone who lives where it snows/rains until they bring back the all wheel drive.

Lots of room, kid friendly

Needs to have 4 wheel or all wheel drive. Radio set up is a bit odd, seats are not comfortable at all. Wish it had a bit more luxury for the money

Decent van, but mine was a lemon
By DanE

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The van performs decently, but has had reliability issues. Within the first 2 years of owning it the following parts were replaced: tire pressure monitor, power steering reservoir, front engine mount and torque converter. Now it is being recalled for brake problems. Also, this is the first vehicle I have owned where I have not been able to consistently reach or exceed the EPA fuel economy rating.

I actually really like the styling.

Improve the reliability and get rid of Honda dealer and Honda customer service arrogance.

Seat Belts
By BH

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Three of the seat belts have a nick on the edge of the belt. I can tear the belt material with my hands at the nick. I understand these belts are design for tension force but should any belt develop a nick I sure the tensile force would be reduced. Honda quoted $385 to replace belt.

Limited manufactures available for replacement tires which creates a inflates price.

Great Van
By haris

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great minivan. I don't know why all these people are complaining about gas mileage. I usually get 20 MPG.

It is very fun to drive. It is just great for long road trips. The passengers in the back can be just as comfortable as the ones in the front.

The driver's seat does not seem very comfortable. The sliding door sometimes gets stuck.