2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Problems, Problems, Problems - UPDATED
By edmund21 on 08/01/14 11:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is an update of my 4/10/14 review. Since then I have had to replace the power steering rack and pinion and the front motor mount. The rack was a $1700. job and the mount $450. Honda USA refused to admit their recalled power steering pump damaged the rack and did not offer any "good will" discount. It's a money pit. I'm going back to German for my next vehicle. Here's my 4/14 review: I bought this van used. My mechanic, a 30 year veteran, did pre-purchace inspections on six Odysseys before we found a well maintained one with 60K. I was happy with the van for the first few months, and then....problem after problem: a blown power steering line, overheating caused by a faulty Honda fuse.

Powerful and Comfortable
By gdheart07 on 07/25/14 22:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am on my second Odyssey. The first we sold thinking our 06 Civic would serve our needs with our 5 kids on their own. One vacation to Florida and we now own a used 07 Odyssey - just like our first one. Service the vehicles by Honda and use only Honda fluids - especially in the steering, braking and transmission systems - and such problems will not exist. A lower grate is available for protection of the a/c condenser. Battery - the Odyssey has a lot of electrical assy. I replaced my battery with a DieHard. No more battery issues.

It has been great!!
By snowfanatic on 06/01/14 12:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just hit 275,000 kms (170,000 miles) Total repairs to date $304. Original brakes went 185,000 kms, still on second set. Would like to buy another one but Honda Canada have cut the number of available colours from 11 to 4 with no choice on interior. Took it to a reputable independent garage for an opinion. They could not find a thing wrong with it. May try for 400,000 kms.

Problems, problems, problems.
By edmund21 on 04/10/14 17:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van used. My mechanic, a 30 year veteran, did pre-purchace inspections on six Odysseys before we found a well maintained one with 60K. I was happy with the van for the first few months, and then....problem after problem: a blown power steering line, overheating caused by a faulty Honda fuse, a bad power steering pump, and a leaking power steering rack (at 64K?!). I called Honda USA about the leaking power steering rack and asked them for what is known in the business as "Goodwill". They were arrogant, refused, and could care less about repeat customers. I will never buy another Honda.

Still Running Great
By sb2323 on 07/22/13 20:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used in 2009. It now has 120,000 miles, a mix of long highway driving and short trips. This car has not been babied. Only maintenance is oil/filter changes. We've had to put a couple thousand dollars into it replacing normal aging things. Passenger side door has to be pulled twice to get it to close or open and it kinda thuds when it does. The cloth interior has a lot of worn spots and paint around the bumper is peeling in places. Overall it's been a great car. The kids hate driving in an "uncool" minivan but love having room for a bunch of friends. They love the interior as well. This car is great for long road trips. Very comfortable. I plan to drive it another 100,000.

Almost 220k and going strong !!
By clubber1 on 03/16/13 16:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2007 Ody, bought new in May of 2007, now has 218k (wife has long commute), had power steering issue a few weeks after purchase, dealer fixed. I have changed oil with Mobil 1 Extended Performance Synthetic every 10-12k miles. Been through three sets of front pads, rotors, rear pads and rotors replaced once, full timing belt service at 135k. Changed plugs myself at 176k, they still had more life, but changed anyway. Had tranny reflash, brake recall done (air in lines) , tranny fluid done twice so far, three sets of tires, two alignments, rear liftgate struts failed at 200k and five years. Looking to get at least another 100k out of her !!!

Honda never again
By bick2905 on 11/16/12 11:38 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our '07 Odyssey new and have had nothing but problems. Transmission, A/C, Power steering, 3rd set of tires, just to name a few. I have owned some dogs over the years. I once owned a '80 Buick Regal that stalled on railroad tracks! This vehicle however is by far without a doubt the worst car I have ever owned. We bought the car because I kept hearing how reliable Hondas were. Never again will I own a Honda. Advice: If you buy one, buy an '80 Regal so you have something to drive when the Honda is in the shop. I usually keep cars until they have well over 100k miles, this POS has 65k miles and i can't wait to trade it in.

2007 Odyssey transimission, brake, steering pump problem
By unhappyowner07 on 03/23/12 10:34 AM (PDT)

This is an update to my post on 07/03/10 regarding the transmission problem with my 2007 Odyssey 40k miles. The dealership I went to told me that Honda did not admit there was problem with the transmission because the warning/engine light did not turn on. Eventually the dealership did put in a new torque converter. However, the brake issue was never resolved and there is still problem with brake even after they re-rotor the disc?. I think the dealership does not know what the problem is. On one rainy day, I almost hit the car in front of mine because the odyssey glided forward even though I pressed the brake all the way. I called Honda manufacture customer service and spoke to the manager

So Far So Good 68,000 miles!
By mlady on 01/22/12 19:48 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm surprised at how many wrote in saying they were disappointed with the 07) but the star rating they gave the van was 4 stars--huh? This is our second Odyssey. Our first was a 2004 lease that was very nice. A few problems we had with the 04 were covered under warranty. The battery had to be replaced, rear window in the back motor had to be replaced. And even though I hit the button to lock the car (and heard the beep) one of the back doors was not locking. For our 2007 . We now have 68,000 miles on the car and it has been very reliable (knock on wood) all we had to do was normal maintenance. New tires, alignment, battery, and brakes. We did replace the battery (with in first 2 years

Bad 2007 Odyssey
By eric1987 on 01/06/12 05:24 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First and last Honda. We get only 12 MPG in city and the dealership says it is within specs. At 55K miles on 3rd battery, tire rods had to be replaced, power steering pump replaced and now the motor mounts being replace. When we took it in for the tire rods they informed us that the motor mounts were bad, however, they failed to tell us it was under warranty and wanted us to pay $1K. Read the warranty book and found out it was covered. Discussed with the service manager and got a BS excuse for not informing us that it was covered. Piece of junk.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.