Used 2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews - 280 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

love my van
By Michael Banner

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

170,000 miles, still drives like new.
By Dave

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased new in 07 after laborious research for a long term investment for family with little ones. This van has put up with the daily grind of private school drop-offs and pick-ups, grocery getting, kids sports activities and several trips to the Florida Keys from WI. Maintenance schedules were mostly followed and like any vehicle, parts do need to get replaced. (Alternator, A/C condenser, rear shocks) The first brake pad change was at 100k, and now at 70k on the same untouched rotors. The reliability has been great.....as expected from Honda. For errand running it is very easy for the driver to slide in & out. No rocker curb to lift your feet over and the drivers seat is perfect height (no falling into a car or pulling yourself out). Very easy to get baby seats in & out of the rear seats. as kids got older the electric sliding doors made kid drop-offs a breeze. Never had a problem with them and only God knows how many times they've opened and shut over the last 9 years. Adding a roof rack allowed enough storage for a family of 4 to tent camp for 10 days (1500 miles away). A recent $250 was spent updating the stereo to the Bluetooth era. Planning on keeping this vehicle for several more years. Dependable is the biggest quality. My only minor complaints is the road noise on the highway (not as quiet as a Cadillac). Also, the transmission shifting has always shuttered a bit between 2nd & 3rd (not too noticeable but curious).

World'd Finest Minivan
By texsan

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a brilliantly designed car, and it handles beautifully on the road. It can accelerate impressively, has been very reliable, and is quiet and very comfortable. There is more space for people and cargo than with any other car that I have seen, with the exception of a Suburban (which handles like a big, clunky truck). The Odyssey handles like a luxury car. The flexibility of the 60/40 split 3rd row seat, and the way it simply folds into the floor, is wonderful. I test drove the newer style of the Odyssey, and the 2007 seems to have more interior cabin space. We are the original owners, and our children have grown up in this car. It has been wonderful to be able to fit our 3 children, plus 1 friend for each of them, when we use the optional 8th seat. We love having the option of having an 8th seat when we need it, or easily removing it (and storing it in the floor) when we don't. This car can't be beat for families!

WOW WHAT A POS
By lt

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

OK let me just say I almost NEVER leave a bad feedback and this is my first time on Edmunds. My wife and I owned a 2002 Honda Odyssey and loved it so when she wanted to purchase another I said no problem I trust Honda and we certainly had a good experience last time. WOW what a change! The 2007 Honda Odyssey Touring version is a POS and that doesn't even do it justice. Let me tell you my next car WILL NOT be a Honda.

List of nightmares.....

1. Run flat tires that cost $1000.00 each to replace so everyone buys the NON-run flat tires and wheels which cost me $1200.00
2. Never ending low tire pressure light even after 10 trips to discount tire and dealership. Dealer charged me $200.00 to reset the light and it still came back on
3. Power Steering pump nightmares that don't go away no matter what you do
10. No center seat, what a stupid option
11. seats hard to fold up and down, too confusing

290,000 Now !!
By Clubber1

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

290K and still going strong. Might have to replace CV Axles, they having been making a clicking noise for about 80k miles now. Engine still as smooth and powerful as when new. Goes like a tank through the snow with Blizzaks on. Power doors having issues. Just have open manually now, good exercise. Still on only second set of spark plugs, all original exhaust, transmission. This van is pretty amazing.