Used 2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Most Helpful|
Problems, Problems, Problems - UPDATED
By edmund21

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is an update of my 4/10/14 review. Since then I have had to replace the power steering rack and pinion and the front motor mount. The rack was a $1700. job and the mount $450. Honda USA refused to admit their recalled power steering pump damaged the rack and did not offer any "good will" discount. It's a money pit. I'm going back to German for my next vehicle. Here's my 4/14 review: I bought this van used. My mechanic, a 30 year veteran, did pre-purchace inspections on six Odysseys before we found a well maintained one with 60K. I was happy with the van for the first few months, and then....problem after problem: a blown power steering line, overheating caused by a faulty Honda fuse.

Favorite Features

A bad power steering pump, and a leaking power steering rack (at 64K?!). I called Honda USA about the leaking power steering rack and asked them for what is known in the business as "Goodwill". They were arrogant, refused, and could care less about repeat customers. I will never buy another Honda. The power steering pump was recalled by Honda a month after I bought it, and three months after the new pump was installed the power steering rack started leaking. The power steering rack seal leak is a common problem in Odysseys - and is a $1700 repair. The defective pump Honda recalled let air into the system damaging the rack. The Odyssey is a badly designed vehicle. 4 SAFETY RECALLS SO FAR.

Suggested Improvements

DO NOT BUY AN ODYSSEY, they have all kinds of hidden problems, buy a Toyota or a Nissan minivan, Consumer Reports rates their reliability well above the Odyssey. Don't buy into the Honda reliability myth. My BMW 1999 328i had fewer problems in fourteen years than the Honda Odyssey has had in one and a half years. I'm stuck with it for now. What's going to go next? This is one LOUD NOISEY VAN AT HIGH SPEEDS.

1 year review- Great car, some "squeak" issues
By dkoet

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the van in August 2010 as a used certified pre-owned vehicle. Mechanically, we have no complaints with the van; everything mechanically works well and functions as it should. It is great to drive. However, it has BSR issues (Buzz, squeak & rattle). Squeaky drivers door, interior plastic component noises and warped front window cowl which caused a annoying whistle.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, good power, roomy, great for road trips, handles well.

Suggested Improvements

Regarding the fit and finish, we have not been too impressed. We noticed several different noises coming from different locations. #1) Whistling noises at highway speeds; discovered the front window cowl was warped (where it seats against the window), the gap created a void which caused the whistle. The dealer would not cover a replacement so I filled the gap with clear silicone caulk. Problem solved. #2) Drivers side door squeaks when on any non smooth road. Again, dealer would not cover new seals. Fix was to lubricate the door and window seals with silicone grease. Noise gone - for a month or two. #3) A & B Pillar squeaking noises - stuffed paper towel in cracks to quiet them.

Severe Transmission Problem
By 2007 Odyssey Owner

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Honda Odyssey is less than 4 years old and it now has 53K miles. It started juddering slightly soon after I got it. Every time I took it back to the dealership, I was told my brake was bad and my tires were bad. With a new front brake and all four new tires, the judder continued and got much worse. I again took it back and also received the recall notice Honda at about the same time. I was told that the software update should take care of this problem, but it did not. I took it back again and another software update and the transmission fluid flush was performed. It was good for three days and the problem returned. I contacted Honda CS and did not get a decent response.

Favorite Features

Spaces and would be comfortable if does not judder.

Suggested Improvements

I do not know how many other Odyssey have the same problem as mine. Honda must address this transmission issue as soon as possible before anyone gets hurt. We are still driving uphill (where we live) everyday with the very severe judder problem.

Bad 2007 Odyssey
By eric1987

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First and last Honda. We get only 12 MPG in city and the dealership says it is within specs. At 55K miles on 3rd battery, tire rods had to be replaced, power steering pump replaced and now the motor mounts being replace. When we took it in for the tire rods they informed us that the motor mounts were bad, however, they failed to tell us it was under warranty and wanted us to pay $1K. Read the warranty book and found out it was covered. Discussed with the service manager and got a BS excuse for not informing us that it was covered. Piece of junk.

Favorite Features

We like the room but the quality is not what I expected from a honda. Going back to GM.

Powerful and Comfortable
By gdheart07

I am on my second Odyssey. The first we sold thinking our 06 Civic would serve our needs with our 5 kids on their own. One vacation to Florida and we now own a used 07 Odyssey - just like our first one. Service the vehicles by Honda and use only Honda fluids - especially in the steering, braking and transmission systems - and such problems will not exist. A lower grate is available for protection of the a/c condenser. Battery - the Odyssey has a lot of electrical assy. I replaced my battery with a DieHard. No more battery issues.

Favorite Features

Comfort - Quiet and smooth ride. Excellent horsepower with crisp handling for a minivan. Build quality is superb.

Suggested Improvements

Location of A/C condenser and cost to repair/replace it and radiator.