Used 2007 Honda Odyssey Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Poor Quality!
By Kim Laidlaw

2007 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are very disappointed in this vehicle. So far we've encountered the PAX tire fiasco (tires wore out early and are over priced to replace). Under powered battery for the vehicle which gave out early. Rear backup sensors break easily and are also overly expensive to fix. Left rear shock is leaking. Also, in the shop for two recall notices so far (soft brake pedal, transmission shudder). All of this in a van only 3 years old and under 45K miles!

Suggested Improvements

Improve quality and customer service.

Love the van, hate the tires
By Texan

2007 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Don't buy one with PAX tire system. Class action lawsuit against Honda in process. Tires wear out between 20K- 25k. Expensive to replace. Can only be done at authorized location, which is usually Honda dealer. No spares. Ours went flat traveling on Sunday and had to stay over until next day when Honda opened. New tire cost $298, because old could not be fixed (only 16k miles on it). Hotel cost $100. Honda said so sad, too bad. We are going to get rid of ours even though, it is a great van. Don't want to get stranded in middle of nowhere.

Favorite Features

Everything, but the tires.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the PAX system. Let current owners have theirs converted with Honda paying for it. No one told anyone about these tires when vans were sold.

Perfect Van and Good Gas Mileage
By David Hitchcock

2007 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I read several of the previous reviews and had to comment. I am surprised at how many Odyssey owners are so disappointed. I guess we are lucky. I think its perfect. The fuel economy is never going to be what the sticker says on any vehicle. We all bought the van because we had to haul multiple people. The more you haul, the heavier the van and the lower your fuel economy. Improve your driving habits, properly inflate your tires, etc. and you'll get better fuel economy. It drives smooth, handles well, strong engine, good looks, luxurious, and storage is great. I've driven Sienna, Grand Caravan, Uplander, Freestar, Sedona, SUVs in the last two years. Hands down winner is Odyssey.

Favorite Features

We love everything it has.

Suggested Improvements

2nd row seats that stow. Built in cooler. Remote engine and AC start so its comfy for the kids when you get in from the hot sun. A second dvd screen like in new Town and Country. Should offer a pearl white paint like Acura and top line Siennas. Running boards.

If it weren't for those PAX tires...
By John

2007 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I put on 2000 miles a month. I get about 20 mpg in town, and 23-25 on the highway at 60-65. At 70-75 on the interstate, it's about 22 mpg. Nothing to complain about there. The car is more comfortable than the Grand Caravans I've owned, or than my son's 08 Sienna. The feel on the road is much better than the Sienna for me as a driver or passenger. I'll get about 35K on the PAX tires, and then I'll dump them and the rims. WheelMax has the replacements, and various Honda dealers online have the tire pressure sensors at $35 apiece. The whole switch will cost what new PAX tires would, and then anyone can repair/replace a blowout.

Favorite Features

Comfort, solid feel.

Suggested Improvements

Don't like the temp/mileage gauge on the speedo, would work better overhead, as in the Chrysler and Toyota vans. The 08 has memory exterior mirrors, the 07 doesn't.

Fuel Economy Nonexistent
By Greg

2007 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall the van is OK, but the mileage is awful! Nowhere near the EPA posted rating even with the +/- 3mpg. We found this shocking having owned a Honda Accord in the past and the gas mileage was one of the things we were happy about. Honda needs to investigate this issue and correct and not have the dealers tell the customer "it's hot in the summer" or "it must be the way you drive." Spring, summer, fall or winter and irrespective of how you drive, the gas mileage in the city will barely crack 14 mpg.

Suggested Improvements

FIX THE GAS MILEAGE or at least report it honestly. Also, paint is easily nicked or scratched. Seems as though the paint quality has fallen as well.