2007 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
1 year review- Great car, some "squeak" issues
By dkoet on 09/19/11 09:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the van in August 2010 as a used certified pre-owned vehicle. Mechanically, we have no complaints with the van; everything mechanically works well and functions as it should. It is great to drive. However, it has BSR issues (Buzz, squeak & rattle). Squeaky drivers door, interior plastic component noises and warped front window cowl which caused a annoying whistle.

More trans/rack problems
By Huggins on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Echo other experiences with leaking rack (replaced ~25,000 mi) now worsening shudder, prob transmission. Previously had "thunk" with downshifting during slowing, better after flush/software adjustment x 2. Drives, rides worse than 2005 Town and Country. Would not buy again-go with the Sienna-smooth as silk in test drive.

Water leaks
By Zimmer on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We use our EX-L for hauling bikes, Labrador retrievers and light cargo for home projects. We've taken the middle seats out and keep the rear seats folded down into the floor. Imagine my surprise today, when I accessed the compartment below the rear seats and found the carpet soaked with about 1/2 inch of water. I googled the problem and found that this is a common problem with the Odyssey and has been prevalent since 2001. My main complaint is that Honda knows of the problem but responds as if mine is the only case ever. Honda will lose me as a follow-up customer. I don't like dishonesty.

Love Our Van
By woodjjgg on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this pre-owned, in April and have been very happy. Previously had a 2003 Windstar, coming from that van to one has been a blessing. The van is solid, drives wells, average on gas (16mpg city)(20 hwy). I actually want to drive even though it is a minivan.

Great Family Vehicle!
By 1stHonda on 08/31/10 14:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2007 EX-L on March 07. It is a great vehicle for the family, because it's comfortable and nice to drive. The ride is smooth, but there is more road noise than I would like. The seats are comfy, but a bit hard, and it's not that thirsty for fuel. Although the exterior is sort of bland and boring, the interior is really luxurious and well designed. Some panels aren't fitted very well together, and some of the materials used (plastics) aren't very inviting. A great family vehicle, but it needs some adjustments.

Good and Bad
By supernerd on 08/20/10 10:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am very thankful that this vehicle has side curtain airbags for all 3 rows. My family experienced a major side impact accident and they worked beautifully. I'll only buy vehicles with side airbags for ALL 3 rows from now on. That being said, this has not been the best vehicle. We had the power steering go out twice which was not covered under regular warranty (thank goodness for the extended warranty). I also had the brake pedal go down to the floor once and nearly didn't stop us in time. That was fixed under recall. Also, we were lucky to get 14 mpg in town and the dealer told us that was normal. Great driving vehicle but with these type of issues I won't buy again.

Great on Gas!
By shwank on 07/26/10 07:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The ECO turns on and you know 3 cyls are firing! You're saving major on the gas! That's a big help on ANY trip! Capacity is awesome! and the versatility of moving the seats is great. We have 2 baby seats and can still seat 4! The rear storage is VERY practical! They even have hooks for grocery bags! Kids love it. I'm actually glad we didnt get the embedded rear entertainment - Kids get their own DVD players or we just sit one between the seats for a feature presentation! With plenty of storage and lots of room - I'm glad we went with Odyssey

Glad that I leased it
By Vernon on 07/21/10 13:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I leased the 2007 Odyssey EX-L due to the transmission issues that I've read in forums. Van was quiet for the first year, but on the 2 and 3rd year, I hear creaking noise when moving from a stopped position. Dealer fixed with silicon lubricant on doors, but it returned after 6 months. Steering pump reservoir had to be replaced, paid out of pocket as it was out of warranty. TMPS light up occasionally, steering wheel vibrations at 110-115 km/h. Honda says road force balancing, but no guarantee. Even with my snow tires its the same. No transmission issues but was part of the recall for two sw updates on the transmission. Brake rotors were warped at 30k, replaced with after market.

Best Van Out There
By Kurt on 05/31/10 19:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Leased a 2007 EXL in late 2006. Loved it and just traded for a new 2010. The seat configuration is perfect for our family. Slide over the second row captains chair to enter third row from side - makes entry and exit so nice for kids. Electric doors are great. Folding third row is easy. Mechanically superb with no issues over 3 years and 45K miles. Engine power is more than adequate, shifting is smooth. Ride is very nice. My wife still hates the idea of driving a minivan, but agrees this van was the best overall vehicle we ever owned. Don't know how you can rate this "fun to drive" after owning high performance cars, but certainly is great for the family.

Nice But Disappointed
By carolyn on 05/16/10 13:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this 07 Odyssey New. I have had it 2.5 yrs they have rebuilt the trans once, replaced the power steering pump once and it has always had a lack of power steering. They say there is nothing wrong with it of course. It gets good gas mileage! But, the power steering is terrible. This is my first and last Honda. I have truly been disappointed with it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.