2007 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Is Honda reliable anymore?
By Gabe on 06/19/10 11:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car since 2007, 24K miles. In the firs three months I the Cd player stopped working, oil moist under oil pan, leaking radiator and bad catalyst converter- Honda fixed it for free because it was under factory warranty. Cost aprox $3,00.00 The transmission shifts rough sometimes. Engine pinging noise- preignition? Power Steering leak! At 72K miles the Crankshaft Pulley is out- need new belt and pulley just the parts $450.00 parts and labor. 74K brake recall. I took the vehicle in and more problems: TPMS sensor out- $150.00, CV axle $350.00, Motor Mounts $500.00. All the maintenance was done on time. I am just wondering where is the Reliability Honda used have?

Not good in bad weather
By paula on 04/08/10 13:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My sister had an older model and loved it. I bought mine just before winter hit and big mistake! This van goes absolutely no where in the snow (I have been through 2 winters with it and I am now trading it in because of how bad it is). It truly makes me nervous to drive in any kind of bad weather with my kids in the car. Also, both my nieghbor and I have had several problems with the doors. I would not buy or recommend this car to anyone who lives where it snows/rains until they bring back the all wheel drive.

Decent van, but mine was a lemon
By DanE on 04/06/10 17:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The van performs decently, but has had reliability issues. Within the first 2 years of owning it the following parts were replaced: tire pressure monitor, power steering reservoir, front engine mount and torque converter. Now it is being recalled for brake problems. Also, this is the first vehicle I have owned where I have not been able to consistently reach or exceed the EPA fuel economy rating.

Seat Belts
By BH on 07/13/08 07:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Three of the seat belts have a nick on the edge of the belt. I can tear the belt material with my hands at the nick. I understand these belts are design for tension force but should any belt develop a nick I sure the tensile force would be reduced. Honda quoted $385 to replace belt.

Great Van
By haris on 05/20/08 07:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great minivan. I don't know why all these people are complaining about gas mileage. I usually get 20 MPG.

Won't Buy Another
By Harry on 05/07/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have NEVER been so dissatisfied with this purchase. Traded a 2002 Sienna w/60K that had better gas mileage and was TROUBLE FREE. Tried trading this unit back in to two different Honda dealers, now with 8K. BOTH will only offer 4K BELOW TRADE! Must be because of the maintenance history! Engine throttle appears low, was reprogrammed, still the same. Windows fog on wet days, takes forever to defog. Headliner coming apart at windshield. Sunglass holder broke. Stone dead battery at only 5K. Have had SEVERAL electrical issues, shorted out headlamp switch and relays. Sometimes doors don't unlock. We wish we still had our old Toyota! What a mistake buying this van!

Good Desgin - Unresolved issues
By 2nd time ody owner on 03/09/08 07:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2004 Ody EX for the 2007 Ody LX because I was really taken by the new design. I know am of the impression that I could have kept my 2004 and been just as happy if not happier. Overall the 2007 model design is an improvement over the 2004 model, but the execution has a lot to be desired. I noticed an engine drone noise at 180 miles. Honda says its characteristic of vehicle harmonics.(What nonsense!) At 400 miles noticed whining buzzing noise from power steering pump. I took it in to the dealer and was told that they could not duplicate prob. Drove the vehicle myself and brought back to dealer while making noise. They finally acknowledge issue with 05-07 power steering pumps.

Gas Guzzler - Excessive Wind Noise
By LOU CAPIZZO on 12/30/07 16:23 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We turned in our 2004 Odyssey LX expecting to get better performance from the re-designed 2007 LX. *It turned out to be one of the worst vehicles I've ever owned over the last 43 years behind the wheel!It seems like we visit the gas stations every time we take it out! And as you can see,we only travel an average of 7500 miles per year!I would estimate the true MPG to be around 10 MPG CITY and about 18 MPG highway! Pathetic! I should have opted to keep the 2004 LX! Another factor to stay with the Odyssey was the convenience of the side door windows that can be opened. We hardly use them because of the excessive pounding, thumping wind noise that occurs when you're going over 15 MPH!

Great Van
By BK Patel on 06/22/07 19:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great fuel economy, 20 mpg. Great ride only some road noise due to choice of Bridgestone tires. Great finish and paint. Great handling and braking. Great acceleration and power. Great interior. Great safety ratings. Great value for money. Great resale value maintained in future. Great reliability

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.