Used 2007 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Very well designed and reliable vehicle.
By jmn5467

2007 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned the van for 7 years and put about 60,000 miles on it. It has been an extremely reliable family vehicle - I have had almost no problems at all aside from an airbag-related sensor that had to be replaced and the usual maintenance (brakes, tires, etc). Surprised at the number of bad reviews on here. This is a very well designed vehicle for someone with 4 kids (or without).

General reliability. Dual sliding doors have always worked flawlessly. Powerful engine; could easily tow a trailer with this thing. Cargo capacity - with the rear seats folded and captains chairs removed this van has a TON of cargo room. As others have noted the EX model without sunroof has a bunch of headroom - I'm 6'4" and still have several inches to spare. The stow-away middle seat for the 2nd row is a fantastic idea - it's only needed a couple of times a year but is great to have when we occasionally need to haul 8 people. Cupholders everywhere!

Front seat HVAC controls are a little "weird" (although functional). Stereo on the EX model is adequate but not great (would be so nice if it had an Aux in for my iPhone, but FM transmitter works ok).

Problems, Problems, Problems - UPDATED
By edmund21

2007 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is an update of my 4/10/14 review. Since then I have had to replace the power steering rack and pinion and the front motor mount. The rack was a $1700. job and the mount $450. Honda USA refused to admit their recalled power steering pump damaged the rack and did not offer any "good will" discount. It's a money pit. I'm going back to German for my next vehicle. Here's my 4/14 review: I bought this van used. My mechanic, a 30 year veteran, did pre-purchace inspections on six Odysseys before we found a well maintained one with 60K. I was happy with the van for the first few months, and then....problem after problem: a blown power steering line, overheating caused by a faulty Honda fuse.

A bad power steering pump, and a leaking power steering rack (at 64K?!). I called Honda USA about the leaking power steering rack and asked them for what is known in the business as "Goodwill". They were arrogant, refused, and could care less about repeat customers. I will never buy another Honda. The power steering pump was recalled by Honda a month after I bought it, and three months after the new pump was installed the power steering rack started leaking. The power steering rack seal leak is a common problem in Odysseys - and is a $1700 repair. The defective pump Honda recalled let air into the system damaging the rack. The Odyssey is a badly designed vehicle. 4 SAFETY RECALLS SO FAR.

DO NOT BUY AN ODYSSEY, they have all kinds of hidden problems, buy a Toyota or a Nissan minivan, Consumer Reports rates their reliability well above the Odyssey. Don't buy into the Honda reliability myth. My BMW 1999 328i had fewer problems in fourteen years than the Honda Odyssey has had in one and a half years. I'm stuck with it for now. What's going to go next? This is one LOUD NOISEY VAN AT HIGH SPEEDS.

Powerful and Comfortable
By gdheart07

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am on my second Odyssey. The first we sold thinking our 06 Civic would serve our needs with our 5 kids on their own. One vacation to Florida and we now own a used 07 Odyssey - just like our first one. Service the vehicles by Honda and use only Honda fluids - especially in the steering, braking and transmission systems - and such problems will not exist. A lower grate is available for protection of the a/c condenser. Battery - the Odyssey has a lot of electrical assy. I replaced my battery with a DieHard. No more battery issues.

Comfort - Quiet and smooth ride. Excellent horsepower with crisp handling for a minivan. Build quality is superb.

Location of A/C condenser and cost to repair/replace it and radiator.

It has been great!!
By snowfanatic

2007 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just hit 275,000 kms (170,000 miles) Total repairs to date $304. Original brakes went 185,000 kms, still on second set. Would like to buy another one but Honda Canada have cut the number of available colours from 11 to 4 with no choice on interior. Took it to a reputable independent garage for an opinion. They could not find a thing wrong with it. May try for 400,000 kms.

Seat comfort and cargo space.

Wish it had Sirius

Problems, problems, problems.
By edmund21

2007 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van used. My mechanic, a 30 year veteran, did pre-purchace inspections on six Odysseys before we found a well maintained one with 60K. I was happy with the van for the first few months, and then....problem after problem: a blown power steering line, overheating caused by a faulty Honda fuse, a bad power steering pump, and a leaking power steering rack (at 64K?!). I called Honda USA about the leaking power steering rack and asked them for what is known in the business as "Goodwill". They were arrogant, refused, and could care less about repeat customers. I will never buy another Honda.

The power steering pump was recalled by Honda a month after I bought it, and three months after the new pump was installed the power steering rack started leaking. The power steering rack seal leak is a common problem in Odysseys - and is a $1700 repair. The defective pump Honda recalled could a have let air into the system damaging the rack. The Odyssey is a badly designed vehicle. They've just issued a recall on the vehicle stability system.

DO NOT BUY AN ODYSSEY, they have all kinds of hidden problems, buy a Toyota or a Nissan minivan, Consumer Reports rates their reliability well above the Odyssey. Don't buy into the Honda reliability myth. My 1999 328i had less problems in fourteen years than the Odyssey has had one and a half years. I'm stuck with it for now. What's going to go next?