2006 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: Good car/bad car

2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Review

EX-L Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic w/Entertainment)

Good car/bad car
By ski_momma3 on

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car new in 1/06 and this is officially my last day of ownership! Our family of 5 finds the interior very comfortable and roomy (we've dubbed it the traveling living room). It's been reliable mechanically but is a bit quirky. The steering noise at low speeds (which our Honda dealer "can't hear") has annoyed me from day 1. The braking distance is unsafely long and has not improved with a complete brake job. I feel like I almost have to stomp on them to get the car to stop. The sliding doors have been finicky and the tracks easily get warped with kids coming in/out. When this happens, we have to turn the auto off and the doors are heavy for manual operation.

Roomy interior, compartment storage, mechanically reliable, 3rd row VERY functional

Fix brakes, better OEM tires (ours wore out way too fast), Poor radio/audio console for price, better winter driving features (slides around ALOT), better training for service techs on audio/visual components (no one knew how to fix our DVD player).