DON'T BUY A HONDA ODYSSEY
By bobbie67 on
2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I bought a 2006 Odyssey new. I'm retired and drive less than 7,000 miles a year. In less than 2 years, the battery died. Two years later, the 2nd battery died. Today, two years later, the battery died. To date, I've spent $450 on batteries. The rear brakes wore out at only 40,000 miles. The brake sensor system did not work. Discs, pads and rotors had to be replaced. Eats batteries & tires. Master cylinder and power steering failed. Soft brake pedal; dealer can fix. Lousy gas mileage: 15 city, 20 interstate. Handles like a tank. Too many blind spots. Auto-liding door problems.
Favorite Features
Front bucket seats are comfortable
Suggested Improvements
Start over and build a totally new, reliable minivan that handles like a car instead of a tank; fix electrical system so batteries last for four years instead of two. Change brakes so they last much longer (at least 80K on rear, 60 on front). Do whatever is necessary so van gets more than 40,000 miles on tires. Fix the electrical system and reduce the expense of maintenance. My Porsche costs less in maintenance.
By artchee
on 08/28/13 08:54 AM (PDT)

I drive a 2006 Odyssey Touring mini-van, also. I traded a Lincoln Town Car in on it. The Town Car has arguably the smoothest ride on the road, and my Odyssey is almost as good. I just get a little more tire/hiway noise than with the Town Car. Could NEVER say that this Odyssey handles like a "tank". It's turning radius is LESS than my smaller, 2000 Mercury Villager. My only complaints are the under EPA estimated gas mileage (20/28) of 15/22; and poor rear visibility. The back-up camera distorts, & can only rely on it to see obstacles immediately behind. I simply LOVE my Ody. I, too, am retired, and like how the mini-van seats are "butt high". No climbing in or out of the vehicle. Funny about the batteries. I had a brother-in-law who had faulty fuel gauges on his last FIVE automobiles. When he passed away, his son inherited his Massey-Ferguson tractor andfound that the fuel indicator was not working on it either. Go figure.