Used 2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Not up to previous standards
By JakeMinor

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was our third Honda Odyssey but most disappointing. Our favorite model was 2004. Have had brakes checked 3 times, rotors turned and replaced, and brake pads replaced twice. Run-flat tires are incredibly expensive and wear fast. Price of tires and installation - what a shock! On third set after 80,000 miles. Also, after a few months, the seal around the front windshield began to whistle loudly at high speeds, and it continues to get worse with age. The biggest improvement has been with the engine and fuel economy. The sound system, which would have been quite fancy in 1985, has been a real dud for the price. This will probably be our last Odyssey.

Favorite Features

Improved fuel economy Interior space

Suggested Improvements

No more run-flat tires. Better seals around windshield and doors. Better and more reliable brakes. Using a rear windshield wiper size that can be purchased in an auto parts store (Who thought of that piece of work?).

Fits Our Family of 6
By KeriAnn

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We were not looking for a Honda. We test drove Town & Country & Grand Caravan. They were too small. We have 2 teens, a preteen & a 5 year old. When looking at vans, I happen to see an Odyssey sitting by a Town & Country. We took it for a spin & loved it. With leather,navi,dvd & more it had all we wanted plus extra storage room. The feel of this van is great and it drives like a dream. This is a 4 year old van, however, it rides and looks like a new van. We love it!

Favorite Features

Look, Room, Storage, Heated Leather Seats

Suggested Improvements

Remote seems a bit touchy.

Good car/bad car
By ski_momma3

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car new in 1/06 and this is officially my last day of ownership! Our family of 5 finds the interior very comfortable and roomy (we've dubbed it the traveling living room). It's been reliable mechanically but is a bit quirky. The steering noise at low speeds (which our Honda dealer "can't hear") has annoyed me from day 1. The braking distance is unsafely long and has not improved with a complete brake job. I feel like I almost have to stomp on them to get the car to stop. The sliding doors have been finicky and the tracks easily get warped with kids coming in/out. When this happens, we have to turn the auto off and the doors are heavy for manual operation.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior, compartment storage, mechanically reliable, 3rd row VERY functional

Suggested Improvements

Fix brakes, better OEM tires (ours wore out way too fast), Poor radio/audio console for price, better winter driving features (slides around ALOT), better training for service techs on audio/visual components (no one knew how to fix our DVD player).

Good, Bad and Ugly Part II, or III
By wen

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Odyssey, so we are a fan! But it has its flaw too. Although I love my van, tires seem to wear very fast, I was told there has been numerous people complaining about it, then it was the rear engine mount that I had to replace today, $700, ouch!!! Expensive part, and I don't recall ever had to replace engine mount in any other of my vehicles, two of which were mini van. Then, along with the tires, it was the alignment, because tires were wearing different even though I was good at rotating them, I am wondering if there is anything to do with alignment ability.

Favorite Features

Eighth seater with leather, great entertainment system.

Suggested Improvements

See above on review. 4 WD option would be great with my particular model. Wooden trim interior like Toyota Sienna would be nice.

Time To Sell
By Matt T

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great family vehicle. Plenty of room for all. 3rd row is a great option to have and its easy to work with laying seats into floor. Front seats could be more comfortable. Fairly thin on padding. Leather appears cheap and hard since day one. Could be better insulated from road noise - DO NOT BUY IF THE MODEL HAS RUN FLAT TIRES. I am irritated at Honda for the decisions on tires but will probably buy another Honda (Pilot) based on value.