Used 2006 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 314 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Van-a-gan
By Ole Miss

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the van new and have had it over four years and put 75000 miles on it. I have had the power steering pump replaced once and it still groans and growls. The brakes grate and make noise, but always work. I've had them checked out, but they say they're alright. The van performs flawlessly otherwise. It really likes to go, and dare I say it is "fun" to drive. My teenager likes to drive it. I have a difficult time keeping it under 90mph. I drove the Sienna and it seemed under powered and soft. Gas mileage is good for a large vehicle at 21 city and 25 highway. Lots of room and with a whole lot of storage space make it a great car for traveling. I would buy it again.

Looks good (for a van) and fun to drive. Larger than the Sienna and better resale than American cars.

Fix the brakes, and power steering! It seems obvious to anyone who reads these that there's a problem.

2006 Honda Touring
By HohumHonda

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first Honda purchase and will be my last. I spent an extra $7000 over the Town and Country, expecting to get better quality, but was disappointed at the nagging problems: too much interior noise, poor quality sound system, funny sounds at low engine speeds, poor braking distance, sliding door problems, moulding strips came loose, overrated gas mileage (I never got more 18 mpg). BEWARE, this car handles terribly in wet/cold conditions. My wife can't make it up the driveway. Worst of all, Michelin PAX tires cost $350 each to replace and only last 25,000 mi. This car is too expensive to maintain down the road and cost too much up front for the Honda name. I traded for the Enclave

Overestimated gas mileage, improve the brakes, get rid of the PAX tires fiasco, improve handling, reduce interior noise

Not up to previous standards
By JakeMinor

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was our third Honda Odyssey but most disappointing. Our favorite model was 2004. Have had brakes checked 3 times, rotors turned and replaced, and brake pads replaced twice. Run-flat tires are incredibly expensive and wear fast. Price of tires and installation - what a shock! On third set after 80,000 miles. Also, after a few months, the seal around the front windshield began to whistle loudly at high speeds, and it continues to get worse with age. The biggest improvement has been with the engine and fuel economy. The sound system, which would have been quite fancy in 1985, has been a real dud for the price. This will probably be our last Odyssey.

Improved fuel economy Interior space

No more run-flat tires. Better seals around windshield and doors. Better and more reliable brakes. Using a rear windshield wiper size that can be purchased in an auto parts store (Who thought of that piece of work?).

Fits Our Family of 6
By KeriAnn

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We were not looking for a Honda. We test drove Town & Country & Grand Caravan. They were too small. We have 2 teens, a preteen & a 5 year old. When looking at vans, I happen to see an Odyssey sitting by a Town & Country. We took it for a spin & loved it. With leather,navi,dvd & more it had all we wanted plus extra storage room. The feel of this van is great and it drives like a dream. This is a 4 year old van, however, it rides and looks like a new van. We love it!

Look, Room, Storage, Heated Leather Seats

Remote seems a bit touchy.

Good car/bad car
By ski_momma3

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car new in 1/06 and this is officially my last day of ownership! Our family of 5 finds the interior very comfortable and roomy (we've dubbed it the traveling living room). It's been reliable mechanically but is a bit quirky. The steering noise at low speeds (which our Honda dealer "can't hear") has annoyed me from day 1. The braking distance is unsafely long and has not improved with a complete brake job. I feel like I almost have to stomp on them to get the car to stop. The sliding doors have been finicky and the tracks easily get warped with kids coming in/out. When this happens, we have to turn the auto off and the doors are heavy for manual operation.

Roomy interior, compartment storage, mechanically reliable, 3rd row VERY functional

Fix brakes, better OEM tires (ours wore out way too fast), Poor radio/audio console for price, better winter driving features (slides around ALOT), better training for service techs on audio/visual components (no one knew how to fix our DVD player).