2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
A/c not working b/c of rock
By Lisa on 06/01/08 05:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I purchased a brand new Odyssey Van in June 2006. Absolutely love the van. We have had no problems until we realized our air conditioner wasnÂ’t working recently in May 2008. Our van only has 24,000 miles on it. I called Fairfield Performance Honda service and was told if it is a rock that damaged the condenser it is not covered. They already knew what was wrong with it b/c they have thousands of complaints on the same matter. Corp will not cover b/c they said it is road debris. It's not consumers fault that they poorly design the front. There is no protection on the front to protect the condenser.Honda needs take take responsibility and recall all Honda cars and vans with problem

Not that good on gas!
By GOLD on 05/27/08 18:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Honda van is very nice inside as far as style, comfort. The main complaint is the AC going out two times. The struts went out early in the game, and the road noise is loud. I cannot hear my children asking questions from the seat in far back of the van. I do like the separate climate control, heated front seats, shades for the children and the sliding doors.

Costly , should not have problems
By J.B. on 05/21/08 18:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The van has had AC problems from day one! The air went out on a trip and could not get it fixed. The AC still does not get as cold as our GMC pick- up. For a van costing over $30,000 it should have a perfect AC. The struts had to be replaced early after purchase. The front end feels loose and sometimes makes noise. Road noise is terrible. The van is attractive, comfortable seats and nice quality of leather. When you are sweating because of AC that does not cool enough that pretty leather sticks to your body! I would not purchase another Honda van. the gas mileage is only 17 and our GMC pickup gets that!

Our approval rating
By P Mattson on 05/06/08 07:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is a delight to drive. It holds the road very well. We like the separate temperature controls for each front seat. I makes for true comfort. It many outstanding features such as the best security with airbags. Many storage areas and ease in getting in and out. It's perfect for a family as it has more seating area. Sports fans will love the ease of tailgating parties since the hatch opens to a perfect height to place your food. We keep our dog's bed in the back and she loves going with us everywhere. Our only complaint is the noise factor. We don't hear our CD's as well as we should because of the road noise. Other than that, we love this car and find it hard to part with.

By Tiaa on 04/30/08 20:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the look of the van and the way it handles like a car. We bought the van new and have had several problems. First within the first year the power steering pump had to be replaced. I was told by the dealer they had to replace a lot of them but no recalls were issued. Next the emergency brake was leaking inside the van all over the floorboard and had to be fixed. The latest problems have been the struts and the transmission. The back struts have blown and had to be replaced. I am now waiting for a call from the dealer to have the transmission case replaced because it is leaking. I have 31,000 miles on the van and am still under warranty, thank goodness.

wheel bearings
By moussa m on 04/02/08 19:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Hard driven 96,000 miles, 1st real problem ever is front wheel bearings, gotten so bad so fast, was first mistaken for noisy out of alignment tires, @ 48 mph is worse, put car in neutral and cut off engine (in a safe manner) if noise remain it is a $850 repair job @ a Honda dealer. Watch out for the common scams, you have water in your transmission and your $700 engine mounts are broken, 2 @ $1400.1st ever brake pads in front, spark plugs but was not needed, 6 cd changer is stupid in today's cars, they break, mp3 is better and cheaper choice. Anyway dealers double charges you for everything, $60 for shop supplies? Engine mounts for $1400 and scare tactics you're going to crash, will hurt Honda's reputation.

Great Riding Van
By Mitch on 03/22/08 15:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very happy with my van, due to health problems I haven't been able to drive it as much as I want. The MPG are pretty good 17-18 city & 26 Hwy. I've read some reviews that stated poor gas mileage. maybe they are driving at 90 on the Hwy, I'm driving 70-75. The worst Hwy MPG I've gotten was 24 MPG. Am I happy I bough it ? Yes !!

No More Hondas for this Family
By Busy Mom on 03/04/08 13:06 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Odyssey (first was an '04) and it will be our last. Main reason for purchase was improved fuel economy from the VCM transmission and it has performed horribly (avg 15 mpg city) which is where most of the driving is done. Dealership says they need to have it for 3 days to simulate fuel economy before they will evaluate to see if problem exists with VCM, but they won't give us a loaner! Have had both the fuel pump belt and the fuel pump replaced already, and it only has 19,000 miles. We are 5 time Honda owners (two Civics, two Odysseys and a Pilot), and this will be our last. Looking at Toyotas next! Someone needs to introduce a hybrid minivan to the US market!

Enjoyable
By nycdriver202 on 02/21/08 22:01 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had for almost 1 1/2 years. Excellent on long trips, but very loud road noise in interior on hwy, especially concrete roads. Steers well, rear entertainment system great, picture awesome. Very versatile with 3 kids. Middle row seats can move backfurther for leg room. Power doors annoying at times, need to be in park or they won't work. Needs automatic headlights and auto locks. Rear visibility limited when small vehicle behind when parallel parking. Heat/cool controls awkward, too many buttons to push just to turn heat or A/c on. Gas mileage 15 city, get 25-27 on straight highway when in economy mode. Solid feeling vehicle, good fit and finish. Handles well in rain, and snow.

Thanks for the crashbox Honda
By DJS on 02/19/08 06:53 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I purchased this vehicle new in Feb 06. We are very pleased with the vehicle. We have averaged between 21-26 mpg since its purchase (70%highway) and have had no mechanical issues to date. I never imagined that a minivan could be fun to drive, but this one is. Most importantly, it is a very safe well engineered vehicle. My wife and two kids (20Months/3years) were recently involved in a serious side impact collision with a full size pickup. In the end, the vehicle suffered approx.19K in damage, but all three walked away unharmed. We purchased an 08 model as a replacement. Thanks Honda, From a greatful father and husband

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.