Used 2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Love my Van
By Honda lover

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I cannot understand all the complaints about the Odyssey. I previously had 2 different Chrysler vans and this Odyssey beats anything I had with Chrysler. I have had not brake problems, no tire troubles, nothing. I am religious about oil changes and routine mileage servicing. I would buy another Odyssey in a minute! Drives like a dream!

Favorite Features

Captain seats in front with lumbar support.

Suggested Improvements

Little bit more leg room in the middle sections would be helpful.

Joe's Odyssey
By Joe and Shirley

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

One of the most reliable vehicles we have ever owned. It has been a pleasure to own.

Favorite Features

Great carrying capacity and convertibility.

Suggested Improvements

It's great just as it is, I wouldn't know how to improve perfect performance.

great value
By petras

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

base lx well equipped, comfortable ride, good handling, great for road trips, lots of storage space, strong and reasonably fuel efficient engine, no reliability issues yet... unless you need a rwd suv for towing, this is definitely a better "bang for the buck"

Favorite Features

comfort, ride, room, storage space

Suggested Improvements

some higher end versions have run flat tires that are expensive to replace and wear out quickly

Van-a-gan
By Ole Miss

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the van new and have had it over four years and put 75000 miles on it. I have had the power steering pump replaced once and it still groans and growls. The brakes grate and make noise, but always work. I've had them checked out, but they say they're alright. The van performs flawlessly otherwise. It really likes to go, and dare I say it is "fun" to drive. My teenager likes to drive it. I have a difficult time keeping it under 90mph. I drove the Sienna and it seemed under powered and soft. Gas mileage is good for a large vehicle at 21 city and 25 highway. Lots of room and with a whole lot of storage space make it a great car for traveling. I would buy it again.

Favorite Features

Looks good (for a van) and fun to drive. Larger than the Sienna and better resale than American cars.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the brakes, and power steering! It seems obvious to anyone who reads these that there's a problem.

2006 Honda Touring
By HohumHonda

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first Honda purchase and will be my last. I spent an extra $7000 over the Town and Country, expecting to get better quality, but was disappointed at the nagging problems: too much interior noise, poor quality sound system, funny sounds at low engine speeds, poor braking distance, sliding door problems, moulding strips came loose, overrated gas mileage (I never got more 18 mpg). BEWARE, this car handles terribly in wet/cold conditions. My wife can't make it up the driveway. Worst of all, Michelin PAX tires cost $350 each to replace and only last 25,000 mi. This car is too expensive to maintain down the road and cost too much up front for the Honda name. I traded for the Enclave

Suggested Improvements

Overestimated gas mileage, improve the brakes, get rid of the PAX tires fiasco, improve handling, reduce interior noise