2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Great Minivan
By CPerez on 07/07/08 17:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best minivan I had (3). I drive it DAILY. Fuel economy when "eco"light is on is great. Only disappointments are quality of paint & shocks. Kids bicycles scratches go all the way to the bare metal or plastic. The paint is not as good as my previous vehicles (BMW, Ford, Dodge, Volvo). I had to replace the rear shocks at 37,000. Other than those two things, the van is great. I am planning to replace it with another Odyssey

Good at today's values
By pmorganti on 07/05/08 05:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've had some problems, steering pump, a pipe change out and wheel bearing noise, but all in all we are very happy with our van

Two bad wheel bearings at 25,000 miles!!
By Not worth 30K on 07/02/08 10:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The first year of driving the van, I loved it. Not so much the second year. I have had several problems and yet the Honda dealership always claims they don't hear the noise or that there is nothing they can do i.e the squeak it makes when turning left. Hmm why hasn't Honda recalled this since the dealership claims that Honda is aware of this noise and they have received many complaints? AND now both of my wheel bearings have gone bad at 25,000 miles?! The leather is not the greatest. The passenger seat has a tear and only after two years! The controls are not well placed. Not to mention my DVD player is starting to act up. What's next I ask? I can't wait to get rid of this over priced van!

Dissapointing qualitites
By John on 06/30/08 08:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like the van but, yes, there's a big fat Honda "but". My cheaper 2002 Volkswagen Jetta has higher quality safety and practical features than the Honda. I have only 1, yes one complaint with the Jetta - placement of the cup holder. With Honda I have dozen minor annoying issues. Made and built in Alabama. When you call the dealership and Honda Customer Service - Amazing how they have a list of excuses Are they Psychic?! It's easier to deal with a Cell phone complaint, Timeshare or the IRS than Honda. "It's the winter snow", "You drove on dirt", "You drove on gravel" "You drove the Car", "Warantee? Nope, not covered! "NOT our Fault cause we monitored your poor driving skills." GPS Spyware?

Honda Quality? Whatever.
By yojg on 06/26/08 06:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Paid 30K for the van. MULTIPLE problems with it and I'm not exactly a Whiner. 1. Steering pump at 5000 mi. Took it in and they said there was a TSB. They said the wrong fluid was added at the factory. They changed the fluid reservoir? Cured the problem for about 10k. I got the bulletin. They miss read it. the entire pump and the reservoir was to be replaced. Like every thing else with this car, the steering problem is "intermittent" they couldn't recreate the issue bla bla bla. 2. Front wheel bearings. 20k Car was in the shop 2 weeks with them trying to figure this out. Another tsb bla bla bla 3. Front brake grinding and warped rotors. 4. retaining clips in front lower bumper are falling out

2006 Honda Odyssey
By frank b. on 06/10/08 19:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent van overall. Have not experienced any significant mechanical problems to date. Front brake pads made noise and were replaced/upgraded by dealership in response to Honda service bulletin. I agree with other reviewers that the climate controls are poorly laid out and cumbersome to operate. The radio controls are also clumsy. Van lacks automatic headlights and door locks. Very annoying considering the 1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette that it replaced had this technology.

Losing Reliability Status
By g on 06/10/08 14:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had the car less than 2 years and engine makes noise, needed new battery, and A/C does not get cold enough, and A/C not covered by warranty.

Excellent vehicle
By Bob Edwards on 06/07/08 13:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van in July of 07 and it has been a pleasure to drive. We have taken it on two vacations and it was very enjoyable. My wife drives it daily and she tells me this is the best van she has ever had. Wow she is happy, I am happy.

A/c not working b/c of rock
By Lisa on 06/01/08 05:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I purchased a brand new Odyssey Van in June 2006. Absolutely love the van. We have had no problems until we realized our air conditioner wasnÂ’t working recently in May 2008. Our van only has 24,000 miles on it. I called Fairfield Performance Honda service and was told if it is a rock that damaged the condenser it is not covered. They already knew what was wrong with it b/c they have thousands of complaints on the same matter. Corp will not cover b/c they said it is road debris. It's not consumers fault that they poorly design the front. There is no protection on the front to protect the condenser.Honda needs take take responsibility and recall all Honda cars and vans with problem

Not that good on gas!
By GOLD on 05/27/08 18:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Honda van is very nice inside as far as style, comfort. The main complaint is the AC going out two times. The struts went out early in the game, and the road noise is loud. I cannot hear my children asking questions from the seat in far back of the van. I do like the separate climate control, heated front seats, shades for the children and the sliding doors.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.