Used 2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Most Helpful|
Love my Van
By Honda lover

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I cannot understand all the complaints about the Odyssey. I previously had 2 different Chrysler vans and this Odyssey beats anything I had with Chrysler. I have had not brake problems, no tire troubles, nothing. I am religious about oil changes and routine mileage servicing. I would buy another Odyssey in a minute! Drives like a dream!

Favorite Features

Captain seats in front with lumbar support.

Suggested Improvements

Little bit more leg room in the middle sections would be helpful.

Was hoping this was a van to last 10 years
By buyamerican11

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this fan new in 2006 because it was a Honda and I wanted a vehicle to care for properly and last 10 years. We drive about 12k a year, so this isn't much to ask. Its a noisy stiff ride, tires don't last longer than 25k, and we've had issues that you wouldn't expect from Honda. New front axles, AC problems, lots of rattles and noises, Its a nice looking fan, quality materials inside, good paint, no complaints there.

Favorite Features

Looks Quality of materials

Suggested Improvements

Automatic headlights Being able to see outside temp, and total miles at same time. Right now you can only see outside temp and trip meter A on the dash at the same time. Quiter ride... this is a noisy stiff riding vehicle. Tires only last 25k miles... $800 to replace. :>(

Best mini van out there
By mooger1

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this van in July 2006. We had some issues with this van, front wheel bearings, power steering pump, twice, all repaired or replaced by Honda. We now have 112,000 on this van and it runs like new. I just replaced the timing belt, and plan on using it another hundred thousand mies. This has been the very best vehicle I have ever owned

Favorite Features

Power doors, seats and it is truly fun to drive

Exceeded Expectations
By daschneid

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van has been absolutely fantastic. I have never had mechanical problems of any kind. The power sliding doors have worked consistently and I've never had a problem. Couldn't say that about the Ford Minivan I owned previously. Great ride, excellent mileage - average mid to high 20's. Very reliable. I bought it new in 2006 and I can see driving it for another 5 or 6 years. Design and quality is great. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Best people carrier there is
By txmom

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Drove Toyota, Chrysler and Nissan minivans before trying Honda's; as soon as we sat in an Odyssey, we were amazed at the quality and comfort of the interior. Carlike ride (plenty of power) convinced us. Ample space for kids, luggage, grandparents. I've fit 3 square bales of hay and 6 50-lb bags of feed into the back (with both kids comfortably seated!). VTEC engine is cool (and effective!). Keyless entry and sliding doors are a lifesaver. Kids like the dvd player, but the wireless headsets only worked once. Difficult to get into the 3rd row with child seats in the 2nd. Have replaced tires and battery once. Selling ours, only because we live on a rough unpaved road and need clearance.

Favorite Features

sliding doors, keyless entry, dvd player, moon roof, high-quality leather, heated front seats, ample and flexible cargo space, amazing agility and oomph for such a big car, smooth ride, attractive exterior, ULEV status, in-floor storage (which we rarely used, but liked having!)

Suggested Improvements

wireless headphones don't work, difficult accessing 3rd row seats with child seats in 2nd row (too hard to get kids in and out of 3rd row), road noise is annoying on long trips, moon roof controls are in an awkward location, heater takes some time to warm up the car, fuel door occasionally sticks