2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Love it
By Laura on 02/15/09 18:23 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 5th Odyssey and we love it. The lease is up next month and I have been searching for something to replace it as we no longer need a vehicle this large. I have test driven so many cross overs and mid size cars that they are becoming a blur. Nothing I've driven meets my expectations after my experiences with my Odysseys. I am seriously considering getting another one even though I wanted to down size a little, because they have been comfortable, reliable and great in the snow and ice.

Revolt Needed
By Veracity on 01/29/09 15:04 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Positives of this vehicle are well documented. Problems are well concealed. Brakes are an issue as mentioned... early drum turning required. Economy is average, as is passenger comfort. Driver's seat OK, not great, the rest are "short trip" friendly only. Real issue: squawking parking brake drum... which service garage tells me Honda is classifying as a "Honda characteristic". Backing out of parking, turning at very low speed is the circumstance where it occurs. Parking brake band leans over and touches rear drum. Tech told me that every Honda on the lot will eventually do this and Honda company refuses to design a "fix". When WE squawk, Honda will respond.

Best Van I've owned
By Lee on 01/12/09 21:20 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Maybe we're just lucky however the only problem we've had w/the Ody is a rear seat seam became unraveled and was fixed under warranty, At 52,000m we replaced the original Michelins and that is all we have done to it other than an alignment and O and F changes. Much better reliability than any of the four domestics minivans we had previous to this one. Well thought out interior design compared to some others.

No more Hondas for me
By brandy on 12/27/08 15:21 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had lots of problems with this van. I bought this van for more room and dvd player for my children. I owned the CRV and loved it. I had to replace tires and the battery. Hate the lights do not auto shut off in the inside or head lights. I have young children that turn on lights and get out. The dvd player broke had to get new one put in. The small drawer above floor broke the tracks fell right off. The middle storage is hard to use because of the reaching in. Most important it is horrible in the snow. I live in Michigan and have had many small front wheel cars that drive better. I am on this website because I'm looking to trade this in.

We Love our Van
By ck on 11/19/08 20:20 PM (PST)

This van is wonderful! Our other cars are Lexus RX and Lexus sedan. This van is amazing - two kids live in the back with plenty of room for soccer gear, karate equipment, friends for sleepovers, toys, games, beach trips - even a full size sofa went for a ride one day! Tons of room. Captains seats are easily removable. Very comfortable seats - even the back bench is passable for adults. Great handling and pickup for a big vehicle. Easy to park with the backup camera and parking sensors. Fantastic turning radius! Only thing I hate-the run flats-like the idea of being able to drive without changing a flat, but the cost of replacements is too high, and they need early replacement. Love this van!

Not so Hot Van!
By RJ on 11/11/08 13:38 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a Honda Odyssey in June 2005 and I had a problem with the brakes after 13 months. I ended up trading it for a 2006 version and now I have even more problems with it. I needed to buy 4 new tires after less than 2 yrs. The battery needed to be replaced and now I am hearing a whistling noise whenever I step on the brake. Now, the backside of the passenger side is falling apart and they tried to blame it on my kids. I took it to be fixed on 10-10-08 and now, it is 11-11-08 and I had to go back and get it fixed again. What is up with that? I am realizing that after 2 yrs. Honda Odyssey tends to fall apart. After 2 yrs, imagine that? Most people are not done paying for the van then.

Best Van Ever
By hondadonna on 09/18/08 11:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned four vans over the years and this 06 Honda Odyssey is the best. Last year we took a road trip from California to Wisconsin and the mileage was great, very comfy ride, kids loved the room for toys, and very reliable. No problems to report, just regular oil changes!! We will stick with Honda for a van because of the safety and reliability.

Total Turkey
By Total Turkey on 09/10/08 04:57 AM (PDT)

Bought what I thought was the best minivan on the market in '06. Huge disappointment. Gas mileage is horrible. 14.5 average around suburbs; 20 on highway. Can hit the rated 25 mpg on highway but only if driving 65, lightly loaded, completely flat surface. Very under-engineered vehicle. Doesn't stop well and Michelin PAX tires wear out very quickly. Needed new front brakes and tires at 33k miles, and we are not hot rodders. I have 76k miles on my BMW and still have original set of brakes w/25k left. Only bright side is that it's a good people hauler; comfortable with lots of room for cargo. But I will never buy another large Honda. They only know how to make small cars.

Ready for something new
By Amadna on 08/27/08 13:51 PM (PDT)

I have owned my van for almost 3 years.I am now over 40,000 miles. I have had 2 motor mounts break. The gas mileage is approx. 13/city 21/hwy. The transmission makes a grunting noise. My brakes squeak even though 2 mechanics have told me they are fine. The leather on the driver seat is wearing, and yes I condition it. I am a little disappointed.

Best I ever owned
By ayda on 08/09/08 09:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The best minivan I researched for, and if the time goes back I would've still picked it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.