Used 2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Good Van but some things to be aware of
By Valeriemelman

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was considering either Honda or Sienna. Test drove several of both. Sienna interior turned me off, it just seemed so plain, acceleration and handling was adequate but seemed the Honda was better at both. However both are good vans and safe. If you buy the Honda EX-L RES model, you need to replace the DVD to CD control cable for it to work properly with the wireless headphones. There is a service bulletin for this. Also you may get windshield whistle which the dealer was kind enough to replace the molding, it stopped. Other than that it's a great vehicle. Husband loves the sunroof and bright headlights. Only thing to worry about is the potential runaway problem.

Interior and Exterior design, sliding doors are solid and reliable. Acceleration and handling. Magic seats are great and tons of storage. I'd buy another Honda.

Bit of a blind spot on driver side, buy a small blind spot mirror (it works). DVD wireless headphones don't work properly unless cable is changed, there should be a formal recall on this one.

First and Last Honda
By Laurie

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very disappointed in Honda quality, noisy power steering, paint defect, poor quality sound system, too much road noise, vibration in steering or tires when accelerating and most recently an intermittent starting problem. I'm so tired of going to service dept and being told its not happening! This is what $45,000 buys you? never again!

step up and deal with these issues!

What happened to Honda's reliability
By Tiff

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this van to replace a worn out Chevy Venture that we had driven for over 7 years. We went with Honda for the 8-passenger option and the assumed reliability we've heard about Honda's hoping to make it another 7 years with this van. Within 7 days we started having issues: transmission catches, road vibrations, sliding door rattles and creaks, anti-lock brake noises. You name it. I am sorely disappointed that this will be my vehicle for the next 5-7 years, especially when I read all the other similar complaints about this vehicle. Who'd have thought a 1999 Chevy Venture would turn out to be my dream car?

All the features I like are simply features included on the upper model, nothing specific to Honda

Stand behind your product, Honda. There are enough of us out here with the same problems that you can't deny it's a Honda issue.

Too expensive to maintan
By tired of my honda va

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have to admit, I am terribly disappointed with the Honda Odyssey. Every trip to the dealer for BASIC maintenance is dreadful since I always walk out spending hundreds of dollars for some reason or the other. Definitely consider reviewing other vans before you decide to buy this one.

Nice Van but Misled on RunFlats
By Alicia

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really had not had many complaints about my Honda Odyssey touring. Although last year we took it in and were told that the engine mounts had to be replaced. Walked out $1700 later. Never had to replace that part on any other car I had now with only 27k on my mileage I have to get new tires. Not bad if they were regular tires but no we were sold the run flats. No one told us that each tire would cost $350 plus labor. $1600 later and that does not include the part inside the tire that needs to be replaced after 4 yrs so each one is another $200. We are looking at $2300 to replace my tires. So mad. We are now looking at selling this van pretty quickly.

Now they have got rid of run flats but I think they need to compensate the people that paid $600 extra to have that feature.