Used 2006 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 314 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Happy Odyssey Owner
By Onlysee

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I put over 60,000 miles on our Odyssey (and raised 3 kids "in it") before trading it in for a 2010 last month. It was extremely reliable, and we never had a problem with it that stranded us anywhere. We had the VERY COMMON problem of the power steering pump and reservoir on our van (both were replaced). We had 2 engine mounts & the automatic transmission replaced (EVERYTHING under warranty) at approximately 58,000 miles.

FUN to drive! It has plenty of power to get on the freeway & merge with traffic.

Make VCM standard on ALL models. Make standard warranty for Engine & transmission 100,000 miles.

Good Van but some things to be aware of
By Valeriemelman

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was considering either Honda or Sienna. Test drove several of both. Sienna interior turned me off, it just seemed so plain, acceleration and handling was adequate but seemed the Honda was better at both. However both are good vans and safe. If you buy the Honda EX-L RES model, you need to replace the DVD to CD control cable for it to work properly with the wireless headphones. There is a service bulletin for this. Also you may get windshield whistle which the dealer was kind enough to replace the molding, it stopped. Other than that it's a great vehicle. Husband loves the sunroof and bright headlights. Only thing to worry about is the potential runaway problem.

Interior and Exterior design, sliding doors are solid and reliable. Acceleration and handling. Magic seats are great and tons of storage. I'd buy another Honda.

Bit of a blind spot on driver side, buy a small blind spot mirror (it works). DVD wireless headphones don't work properly unless cable is changed, there should be a formal recall on this one.

First and Last Honda
By Laurie

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very disappointed in Honda quality, noisy power steering, paint defect, poor quality sound system, too much road noise, vibration in steering or tires when accelerating and most recently an intermittent starting problem. I'm so tired of going to service dept and being told its not happening! This is what $45,000 buys you? never again!

step up and deal with these issues!

What happened to Honda's reliability
By Tiff

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this van to replace a worn out Chevy Venture that we had driven for over 7 years. We went with Honda for the 8-passenger option and the assumed reliability we've heard about Honda's hoping to make it another 7 years with this van. Within 7 days we started having issues: transmission catches, road vibrations, sliding door rattles and creaks, anti-lock brake noises. You name it. I am sorely disappointed that this will be my vehicle for the next 5-7 years, especially when I read all the other similar complaints about this vehicle. Who'd have thought a 1999 Chevy Venture would turn out to be my dream car?

All the features I like are simply features included on the upper model, nothing specific to Honda

Stand behind your product, Honda. There are enough of us out here with the same problems that you can't deny it's a Honda issue.

Too expensive to maintan
By tired of my honda va

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have to admit, I am terribly disappointed with the Honda Odyssey. Every trip to the dealer for BASIC maintenance is dreadful since I always walk out spending hundreds of dollars for some reason or the other. Definitely consider reviewing other vans before you decide to buy this one.