Used 2006 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Not so Hot Van!
By RJ

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a Honda Odyssey in June 2005 and I had a problem with the brakes after 13 months. I ended up trading it for a 2006 version and now I have even more problems with it. I needed to buy 4 new tires after less than 2 yrs. The battery needed to be replaced and now I am hearing a whistling noise whenever I step on the brake. Now, the backside of the passenger side is falling apart and they tried to blame it on my kids. I took it to be fixed on 10-10-08 and now, it is 11-11-08 and I had to go back and get it fixed again. What is up with that? I am realizing that after 2 yrs. Honda Odyssey tends to fall apart. After 2 yrs, imagine that? Most people are not done paying for the van then.

Suggested Improvements

Need to do a recall for the passenger and fix it

What a lemon
By firemanrod

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My daughter bought this car thinking Honda was a quality product. What a huge disappointment. It is hard to be happy with a product when the company put out a lemon. You can read many many complaints about the transmissions on these things. Yes her transmission went out. When she bought it used from a Honda dealer she noticed it had a small drip of transmission fluid and asked the dealer to fix it. What they did not tell her there is no fixing it. Torque converter problems bearing problems. Another transmission she had to pay for it and it still has problems. Yes, Honda, I will never buy another. I know my daughter will never buy another and this was her second.

Favorite Features

It is blue, paint is peeling.

Suggested Improvements

A transmission that works. Paint that does not peel. How about motor mounts that are a bit more accessible so when they go bad you can get to them. Honda what where you doing? The front motor mount bolt faces forward towards the radiator with no space? Why not put the bolt facing up, so when the bad transmissions go out you can actually reach them. How about just a little thought on being able to reach the bolts that are going to be taken out to work on all of the other bad products under the hood.

What happened???
By Bradly B

I bought Honda based on reputation and it's turning into a nightmare!!! Where to begin? Poor gas mileage, Brake shimmy and now new pads!!! Power doors closing, then opening, then closing again! Next time (in 2 years when lease is up), a Sienna!!!

Favorite Features

My 2 year lease!

Suggested Improvements

Start from scratch!

Losing Reliability Status
By g

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had the car less than 2 years and engine makes noise, needed new battery, and A/C does not get cold enough, and A/C not covered by warranty.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride inside

Suggested Improvements

Fix problems, especially the A/C.

Should have kept old one
By datum

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2003 Odyssey and decided to upgrade to latest and greatest. It hasn't been too great yet...nagging problems. Have had back to dealer numerous times for little things that shouldn't happen! Had Key Fob replaced, radio reception poor, 3rd row seat bracket was bent upon delivery, and steering pulls to right (still not fixed to my satisfaction)

Favorite Features

power and quieter ride than my 2003

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage (16 mpg mix so far)