2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Honda forever
By kg on 10/12/09 19:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was recently traveling at 65 miles an hour when I ran over a piece of metal on the interstate. I lost control of the car for a moment but managed to keep the van straight. Unfortunately, my back axle broke but the Honda handled it extremely well. I thought for sure we were about to have a horrific accident but the Honda managed to keep all four tires on the ground and we ended up on the shoulder of the road. God played the biggest part in keeping my family safe but thank you, Honda for Vehicle Stability Assist. I could feel the wheels fighting the urge to leave the road. The reason my husband and I chose this vehicle was safety and I'm so pleased that the investment paid off.

Mixed review
By Wayne on 08/30/09 21:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle is pleasant to drive, flexible interior layout, with useful space and fair gas mileage for a vehicle of this size. Have had issues with seat panels repeatedly falling off, clunking sound when selection reverse, early brake and tire change (PAX). Second set of tires are wearing very fast. Steering pump was changed, battery replacement after 2.5 years. CD player quit 2 months after warranty expiration. Some small interior parts repeatedly falling off.

Wonderful minivan
By nursejay04 on 07/15/09 10:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this van already. It has so much storage space it is ridiculous. We are still finding pockets daily! This is amazing and so is the fuel economy given the fact that it is almost twice as large as my small SUV owned previously. Also drives like a car and prrrrs like a kitten as you would expect from a Honda. My dad has a Honda Accord w/ 250,000 miles on it!

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly
By dk on 05/21/09 14:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Good - performance, visibility, function and utility. Reasonably comfortable on long trips. The Bad - initial fuel mileage was poor and took close to 30,000 km before an appreciable difference was noticed compared to my 1992 Aerostar. Short carpet- tearing in rear well. At 43,000 km - power steering pump started making a growling nose was replaced. Bad road noise in mid to rear compartment of vehicle, even after under coating. Needs a better stereo system..no MP3. The Ugly - nothing yet.

Brakes
By Beth on 04/25/09 14:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned this car for 3 yrs. Bought it new. Am a stay at home mom and have not driven it much but in 3 yrs. we have had the brake pads replaced once under warranty and now they are grinding AGAIN at 33,000 and the dealership wants us to pay saying a 25,000 mile repair is normal. We own another car and in 100,000 miles have never replaced the pads. BE FOREWARNED ABOUT THESE BRAKE PROBLEMS. I am now going to contact Corp. and see what response I get.

Battery is painpoint
By whyspeed on 04/01/09 10:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

To be honest, this is a great van. But battery became a worry not long after I purchased it - it went dead several times, in my garage, in airport parking lot etc. I tried to get dealership to check it when doing maintenances there but I was always told it's normal - till today when doing 15k maintain it's confirmed to better to replace it, which is 2 months after 3-yrs warranty. I don't want to pay $130 for it, even I have the 10% coupon, because I am not that happy with it.

My Chevy Venture was Better
By ksull on 03/23/09 21:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had the vehicle for three years now. No significant problems, several annoying things. The steering noise that others mention - dealer said fluid change would fix it (it didn't). The breaks are insufficient for a vehicle this heavy. I feel like I need to throw out an anchor to stop it. Vehicle is fun to steer at highway speeds but is difficult to steer at low "parking" speeds. The fuel economy stinks. We get about 19 in average driving and about 22 on the highway. My 99 Venture would get 26 easy.

The Benchmark - there is no substitute
By Keith on 03/21/09 10:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are in our 3rd year of ownership and this vehicle has been flawless. Excellent powertrain, great handling, comfortable seats, excellent fit and finish, versatile interior and lots of storage. Great vehicle for long trips with 2 kids, the dog and luggage. There is no substitute for these vans. We rented several other minivans prior to purchase and they do not compare. Although the consumer trend is against minivans, cross-overs just do not have enough space. With the exception of the price, I can't understand why they are not selling more of these versatile haulers.

Love it
By Laura on 02/15/09 18:23 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 5th Odyssey and we love it. The lease is up next month and I have been searching for something to replace it as we no longer need a vehicle this large. I have test driven so many cross overs and mid size cars that they are becoming a blur. Nothing I've driven meets my expectations after my experiences with my Odysseys. I am seriously considering getting another one even though I wanted to down size a little, because they have been comfortable, reliable and great in the snow and ice.

Revolt Needed
By Veracity on 01/29/09 15:04 PM (PST)

Positives of this vehicle are well documented. Problems are well concealed. Brakes are an issue as mentioned... early drum turning required. Economy is average, as is passenger comfort. Driver's seat OK, not great, the rest are "short trip" friendly only. Real issue: squawking parking brake drum... which service garage tells me Honda is classifying as a "Honda characteristic". Backing out of parking, turning at very low speed is the circumstance where it occurs. Parking brake band leans over and touches rear drum. Tech told me that every Honda on the lot will eventually do this and Honda company refuses to design a "fix". When WE squawk, Honda will respond.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.