2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Van-a-gan
By Ole Miss on 02/23/10 12:49 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the van new and have had it over four years and put 75000 miles on it. I have had the power steering pump replaced once and it still groans and growls. The brakes grate and make noise, but always work. I've had them checked out, but they say they're alright. The van performs flawlessly otherwise. It really likes to go, and dare I say it is "fun" to drive. My teenager likes to drive it. I have a difficult time keeping it under 90mph. I drove the Sienna and it seemed under powered and soft. Gas mileage is good for a large vehicle at 21 city and 25 highway. Lots of room and with a whole lot of storage space make it a great car for traveling. I would buy it again.

2006 Honda Touring
By HohumHonda on 02/22/10 19:06 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first Honda purchase and will be my last. I spent an extra $7000 over the Town and Country, expecting to get better quality, but was disappointed at the nagging problems: too much interior noise, poor quality sound system, funny sounds at low engine speeds, poor braking distance, sliding door problems, moulding strips came loose, overrated gas mileage (I never got more 18 mpg). BEWARE, this car handles terribly in wet/cold conditions. My wife can't make it up the driveway. Worst of all, Michelin PAX tires cost $350 each to replace and only last 25,000 mi. This car is too expensive to maintain down the road and cost too much up front for the Honda name. I traded for the Enclave

Not up to previous standards
By JakeMinor on 02/16/10 12:36 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was our third Honda Odyssey but most disappointing. Our favorite model was 2004. Have had brakes checked 3 times, rotors turned and replaced, and brake pads replaced twice. Run-flat tires are incredibly expensive and wear fast. Price of tires and installation - what a shock! On third set after 80,000 miles. Also, after a few months, the seal around the front windshield began to whistle loudly at high speeds, and it continues to get worse with age. The biggest improvement has been with the engine and fuel economy. The sound system, which would have been quite fancy in 1985, has been a real dud for the price. This will probably be our last Odyssey.

Fits Our Family of 6
By KeriAnn on 02/10/10 12:54 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We were not looking for a Honda. We test drove Town & Country & Grand Caravan. They were too small. We have 2 teens, a preteen & a 5 year old. When looking at vans, I happen to see an Odyssey sitting by a Town & Country. We took it for a spin & loved it. With leather,navi,dvd & more it had all we wanted plus extra storage room. The feel of this van is great and it drives like a dream. This is a 4 year old van, however, it rides and looks like a new van. We love it!

Good car/bad car
By ski_momma3 on 01/07/10 05:35 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car new in 1/06 and this is officially my last day of ownership! Our family of 5 finds the interior very comfortable and roomy (we've dubbed it the traveling living room). It's been reliable mechanically but is a bit quirky. The steering noise at low speeds (which our Honda dealer "can't hear") has annoyed me from day 1. The braking distance is unsafely long and has not improved with a complete brake job. I feel like I almost have to stomp on them to get the car to stop. The sliding doors have been finicky and the tracks easily get warped with kids coming in/out. When this happens, we have to turn the auto off and the doors are heavy for manual operation.

Good, Bad and Ugly Part II, or III
By wen on 01/06/10 14:58 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Odyssey, so we are a fan! But it has its flaw too. Although I love my van, tires seem to wear very fast, I was told there has been numerous people complaining about it, then it was the rear engine mount that I had to replace today, $700, ouch!!! Expensive part, and I don't recall ever had to replace engine mount in any other of my vehicles, two of which were mini van. Then, along with the tires, it was the alignment, because tires were wearing different even though I was good at rotating them, I am wondering if there is anything to do with alignment ability.

Time To Sell
By Matt T on 12/10/09 11:33 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great family vehicle. Plenty of room for all. 3rd row is a great option to have and its easy to work with laying seats into floor. Front seats could be more comfortable. Fairly thin on padding. Leather appears cheap and hard since day one. Could be better insulated from road noise - DO NOT BUY IF THE MODEL HAS RUN FLAT TIRES. I am irritated at Honda for the decisions on tires but will probably buy another Honda (Pilot) based on value.

Awful van
By amy on 10/28/09 21:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Initial problem started only a few months after purchase! There was a squeaking noise with braking and dealership said it was the brake pads. It had to be replaced twice, then rotors was resurfaced. To this day, I still have problems with the brakes and they cannot find anything wrong with it. It whines at low speeds when I turn, and whines when I slowly release the brakes! After 2 1/2 years, air conditioning failed! Then the axle seal leaked. I took the van several times for vibrations when vcm was on and for a year I was told there was nothing wrong! It turns out the rear engine mount collapsed! Have changed the batteries twice. Called corporate about probs. but nothing.

Greatness
By Borntodrive on 10/19/09 18:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is amazing, I actually like taking this car out, and I'm only 18, it drives very well. I was recently with a big group of friends and we would've had to call up a 3rd car if it wasn't for the Odyssey... it hauled the required 8 people with ease. I was very pleased. The car is far more planted and composed than the Pilot that I usually drive, it's very sure of itself, it has good grip. My friends seem to love the car as well, they find it very comfortable, as do I. It is a road trip maestro. However the brakes are a little wonky compared to the Pilot, the pedal travel is far too long, and it stinks when it comes time to park this thing because it's so big, vs. the just stick it Pilot.

Honda forever
By kg on 10/12/09 19:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was recently traveling at 65 miles an hour when I ran over a piece of metal on the interstate. I lost control of the car for a moment but managed to keep the van straight. Unfortunately, my back axle broke but the Honda handled it extremely well. I thought for sure we were about to have a horrific accident but the Honda managed to keep all four tires on the ground and we ended up on the shoulder of the road. God played the biggest part in keeping my family safe but thank you, Honda for Vehicle Stability Assist. I could feel the wheels fighting the urge to leave the road. The reason my husband and I chose this vehicle was safety and I'm so pleased that the investment paid off.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.