Used 2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews - 314 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Heads Up
By bob t

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At 25,000 miles my Michelin pax tires will need replacement in 5-7000 miles. Cost to replace is $225/tire. Cannot subtitute other rims or tires. Keep this in mind when puchasing the touring model.

Honda should get out of bed with Michelin and put on standard type tires where price competion exists.

Best Vehicle I have ever owned
By Andy

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Odyssey about 4 months ago, at first the fuel mileage was a disappointment, but now we are getting almost 300 miles on a tank, in the city. I have a lead foot too... Last month someone backed a Tacoma Pickup into the Odyssey, it was shaking, went over to see the horrorible damage, not even one scratch! I even got the comments from friends about going over to a Minivan, but watched their jaws drop when I hit the gas and told them it has 244 horses. I didn't expect I would sneak the keys from my Wife on the weekends, but I just love the way it drives. When running around town in it, it's not a chore to drive it around like the SUV I drive for work.

The VCM fuel savings, Comfortable Leather Seats, Great AC, Middle seat used for Baby car seat.. an adult can sit on each side. Power sliding doors. Cargo room, I can carry a lot with the third row seats down.

Just needs auto on headlights for night, Auto shut off for interior lights, once you turn them on, they stay on, not good.

Fun to Drive
By ET

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the NAVI, auto climate control, rear DVD and powerful engine. It drive sooo smoothly and can fit 8 passenger comfortably. The 3rd row seats have better leg room compared to other SUVs/minvans and so easy to store.

NAVI, Climate Control, DVD, built-in sunshades, storage bin

Too low ground clearance approx 4", suggest to increase by couple of inches to avoid damage on lower front bumper, we already had visible scratches in the lower front bumper in just two days after driving this vehicle...

Ecstatic
By Stacey

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a terrific vehicle! I was a previous owner of a Quest and wish I had started with the Odyssey. Kid friendly, plenty of cup holders & storage. Easy to fold seats, even my 5 yr. old can do it. The DVD has a crisp, clean screen. This vehicle is so quiet during city & highway driving. Easy to read dash & user friendly climate control. So much more superior to the Quest. It gets great gas mileage. I can't say enough good things about this van!

The extra plugs for the rear entertainment system, the extra headphone jacks and the ability to use the 12V plug for other electronic games that the kids bring during long road trips.

Relocate the rear hatch automatic door button. When you have your hands full it is hard to reach while the hatch is open. I am also very short & have to stand on my toes to reach it. My children often want to close it and cannot reach it either.

Not a True 8 seater
By Chris

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely love everything EXCEPT the so-called 8th seat. No adult and very few children can fit in it. And if you plan on putting a car seat in it (even an infant car seat) you can forget it. The carseat will fit, but it restricts the movement of BOTH seats next to it so that you can't move them to get in the back. If you want a car seat in the middle for easy access, I would suggest taking out the 8th seat and sliding the 2nd row passenger side seat over against the driver side seat. However, if you're after a true 8 passenger minivan, this is not it. Try the Toyota Sienna.

Leather seats. No confusing "Options" packages to choose from.

Make it a true 8 seater. Take a good look at the Toyota Sienna. Their 8th seat is actually usefull.