2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Hyundai or Honda?
By KGehris on 10/17/05 11:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had Hondas most of my life, very reliable cars!! Until now....I'm grateful I leased her. Engine doesn't run right when cold (not talking freezing!!), dealer says there's nothing wrong? Gas mileage is worse than wife's CRV! Seat belt warning beep keeps going off except when I get close to dealer to show em!

Great Vehicle
By dwv on 10/11/05 16:58 PM (PDT)

By far the best mini van I have owned. Much better ride, quality, features... than Town and Country.

What Kids Want
By fotovan on 10/11/05 00:26 AM (PDT)

This is the vehicle kids want. Our oldest [4 yrs] squealed with glee when we took delivery. Easy to load in and load out. The XM, NAV and DVD keep us all entertained at the same time. Dual climate control is nice. I have owned Acura and Honda in the past and would expect the same excellent reliability as we have had this vehicle for only 10 days. Honda offers a good product for the money, but would be well advised to someday do something about the road noise that is persistent in all Honda and even Acura that I have driven. Wheel well insulation/sound dampening along with double insulated doors [like German cars] would greatly increase the solid feel of the van.

What happened???
By Bradly B on 10/10/05 18:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought Honda based on reputation and it's turning into a nightmare!!! Where to begin? Poor gas mileage, Brake shimmy and now new pads!!! Power doors closing, then opening, then closing again! Next time (in 2 years when lease is up), a Sienna!!!

Almost perfect
By sam123 on 10/08/05 13:35 PM (PDT)

I replaced a near-luxury mid-size wagon with my first minivan, and Odyssey Touring ended up on top. The styling, driving dynamics, comfort and features all topped competition (Sienna, Quest, Town&Country). It is the most car-like driver of the lot, and top-line Touring has almost all the gizmos I could hope for. Fuel economy has been surprisingly good as well, besting my V6 wagon. As a first-time minivan owner, I'm still being surprised by the amount of space and convenience; I should have made the switch sooner. The Touring has nice big wheels and just the right amount of brightwork, too; not your mom's minivan.

Snookered
By Randal Moss on 10/06/05 23:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I used to own Honda motorcycles back in the 1970s. They were wonderful. So I thought this van would be the same. I was wrong. This thing is a gas pig (I'm getting 19, with a light foot). It has also been in the shop twice. It is ponderous. Get this: For an extended stay in the shop, I was 'forced' to rent a Chevy Tahoe. It got the same or better mileage, it drives better and, heck, it can at least tow my Honda when it breaks down in the future. I think I'll buy an SUV next time. Of course, then I'll have to endure the sneers of my environmental friends, who seem to forget that this whale of a minivan (4000 lbs) is no fuel-sipper either. Bye-bye, Honda!

Redesigned Odyssey is Great!
By john on 10/06/05 17:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I have waited and crammed 3 kids into a much smaller car for 2 years just to buy this new Odyssey. We are NOT disappointed! The split folding rear seat, the performance, the styling, and comfort are awesome! We've also had occassion to try out the vehicle stability control feature - it works! If we drive rather conservatively, we can get around 22 MPG in town and 27 on the highway. But with this much engine, it's hard to drive slow!

2006 Odyssey Touring is Awesome
By venkat on 10/05/05 21:53 PM (PDT)

Well after lot of deliberation beween Toyota Sienna XLE Ltd vs Honda Odyssey Touring, both are excellent minivans. We finally bought the Odyssey, the ride was nimble and handling was very good. It does not feel like a minivan or big vehicle. The interior is very meticulously designed. The seats are more comfortable than the Sienna

20/28 mpg, not quite!
By craig on 10/04/05 02:23 AM (PDT)

It's a pretty decent vehicle, although we miss the comfort of our Chrysler LXI. The Chrysler was quieter and drove more like a car. The brakes in the Honda and other safety features are far superior though. The two things that just frost me are the fact that the sticker mileage was let's just say -- inaccurate. Yea, I know 'your mileage may vary' but I expect to be able to at least compare these numbers with other vehicles. We're getting 15 in the city and 18 on the highway with no execptional demand on the car! That's less than my gas guzzling neighbor's Suburban! I brought it to Honda's attention and they said 'your mileage may vary

MPG overrated by Honda
By KEVIN on 10/01/05 18:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have not come close to the MPG stated by Honda. I would like to get over 17 in town and 24 on the High way. I was promised that I would get 18/28. Not even close.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.