Used 2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

5 mos of Odyssey
By Gary

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 6 Chrysler vans we switched to our first Honda. The bad quality of the Chrysler vans and the good reputation of Honda caused the move. The extras are well done and the overall quality matched our expectations. But, the steering wheel is two inches closer to the dash than any other making seat adjustments difficult. I consider this an irritation not a major flaw. However, the real big problem is the PAX tire system. I would love to meet the engineers and management that approved it. The ride is hard due to extra thick sidewalls, you cannot replace the tires or rims with anything but the PAX type, and the cost is $250+ each just for the tire. This is going to kill the resale value.

Favorite Features

Location and size of cupholders. Quality of materials used. Very good nav system.

Suggested Improvements

Remove agreement screen on Nav system. Have small beep to indicate locks engaged (no horn). Completly abandon the PAX tire system. Add telescoping adjustment to steering collumn. Remove entry screen for Nav system and let it default directly to Nav. (hate to push button evey time I get in the car)

best van
By ks

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Honda Odyssey is number one.. there are more standard features.. a better ride. Honda does a great job keeping their reputation.

Favorite Features

standard featuers... xm, airbags, traction control. sliding doors

Suggested Improvements

none

This is a GREAT Minivan!
By Alfredo

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Wife and I have made fun at minivan people for years. We never test drove one as we wouldn't get caught dead in one. But then we were pregnant with our 4th baby. The Odessey is one awesome minivan. Strong engine, cool to drive, great fuel economy (then again, our previous car was a GMC Yukon XL) and absolutely, positively the most versatile and comfortable vehicle for someone with a family. If you have 1-2 kids, get a sedan or a wagon, if more kids this is your car. Seats move, come off and configure anyway you want them. Get the DVD player if you have kids, it's well worth it! The sunroof is great too.

Favorite Features

The engine switches to 3 cylinders when the car gets going. Great feature, pollutes way less than other cars and it's great on gas efficiency

Suggested Improvements

I'm a car enthusiast and it's hard to imagine I drive a minivan. I would have to say that wider tires, bigger wheels would do the trick. This is one great family car!

Love driving a Honda!!!!!
By ODESSEY 06 ENTERTAIN

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy this item so much. It is easy to drive but I think I would pick a smaller one next time.......I am a solo driver and do not need all that room but it is wonderful. No problems at all

Suggested Improvements

I would like the Odyssey to be a bit smaller so that parking would be easier since it is a too long for me personally.

2006 honda touring odyssey
By czar2906

I purchased this van for my wife that said she would never drive a minivan. I'm overwhelmed on how it drives like an Acura more than a Honda. I would reccomend anybody with kids to get this one.

Favorite Features

Navigation system is well worth the money, better than mercedes command system. Electric sliding doors and tailgate.

Suggested Improvements

Needs telescoping steering wheel, make run flats an option (waste of money) also Xenons light in front and leds in the rear would be nice.