2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Too Many Issues
By mrmom on 11/12/05 10:50 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm the principal driver of our new Honda, my wife has own business. This is certainly not the best new car decision I've made. We've been back to dealer too many times, although dealership has been great. We've had the DVD player replaced twice and we rarely use it! The Steering has been pulling to right since day one with everything being tried. Now the power doors won't open from switches by the driver?

Love my Odyssey BUT poor gas mileage!
By LisaM on 11/04/05 17:33 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased a 2006 Honda Odyssey EXL. Overall, I really love it. It drives smoothly and has all the features I could dream of. My only complaint is the mileage has been way less then I hoped for. I have only been averaging 15-16mpg (about half hwy miles, no a/c) I hope this is just a break-in period for the engine and my gas mileage improves. If not, I am very disapointed. I chose a van over a SUV for gas mileage, and this is really no better than a Suburban.

Wonderful mini-van
By Regina on 11/03/05 14:50 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After a million or so hours of research, we finally chose the Odyssey over the Sienna. So far, we've been really please with this vehicle. It has every amenity that you could ever want, and it's wonderful for our famliy of four. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Odyssey to anyone looking for a great mini-van.

Odyssey Disappointment
By links1 on 11/03/05 10:09 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just bought a 2006 Honday Odyssey EX and had problems with the stabilization light, ASB and brake lights coming on. It was in the shop within minutes of driving it and had to be taken back twice within 24 hours for the same problems. Horrible start to what we thought was going to be a perfect choice!! We're worried what will be next!

Should have kept old one
By datum on 11/03/05 09:41 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2003 Odyssey and decided to upgrade to latest and greatest. It hasn't been too great yet...nagging problems. Have had back to dealer numerous times for little things that shouldn't happen! Had Key Fob replaced, radio reception poor, 3rd row seat bracket was bent upon delivery, and steering pulls to right (still not fixed to my satisfaction)

Regrets so far
By Kajagoogoo on 11/01/05 08:21 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 1999 Odyssey and had problems but loved it anyways. This isn't starting off good at all! Been back to dealer for wind noise, malfunctioning door, rattles from rear door, and engine running rough. I held off buying a 2005, thinking 2006 would have kinks worked out. I was sadly wrong and now wish I bought the Sienna instead!

Honda saved family's life
By gzulli on 10/20/05 15:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A dump truck ran a stop sign hit the Honda on the wife's front fender and then jack- knifed a 20 foot trailer into the rear of the van. The only part of the honda not damaged was the pass side sliding door. The wife and 3 kids walked out with slight bruises. The EMT people and police were behind my wife as the accident happened. They said they thought they were killed and couldn't believe they walked out with little or no injuries. The side curtain airbags in the 2nd & 3rd rows saved head injuries. Everyone who has seen the car said the fact they walked away is a miracle from the good Lord above. Our family thanks Honda. (by the way, a great car also:)

Honda best minivan
By Dave 213 on 10/18/05 11:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It took me for ever to get my wife to buy a minivan. She didn't want to be a "soccer mom". Now that has had the chance to drive it she loves it. I bought her a 2004 Odyssey and she loved and wouldn't get rid of it for anything. Then I talked her into driving the new 2006, well she now drives a 2006. Keep up the great work Honda!

I LOVE this van!
By Heather on 10/18/05 10:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After extensive research and test driving every option out there, we decided on the Odyssey. We love it! Very fun to drive, great features and a solid history of reliability...what more can you ask for? I highly recommend this van to anyone who needs space, but values a quality vehicle and wants to enjoy at least the ride while doing those dreaded errands! Kids love the DVD and power sliding doors, and we really value the navigation system. Overall an A+++++!!

New '06 Odssey.
By Paul R. White on 10/18/05 10:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After recently returning from a 2800 mile trip throuh the mountains of East TN, NC, and VA, in this NEW Odssey I have been amazed at it's power and the smoothness of it's transmission shifts, (especially, the operation of the cylinder management system). Also, I have been pleased with it's comfort and fuel mileage. I am a retired NASA Engineer and tend to be picky, but as of now, I am well pleased.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.