2006 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews 28

2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Wonderful Van
By Onlysee on 12/11/05 01:30 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great Van! I traded in my 2004 Odyssey EX-RES for the 2006 EX. I love the re-design, and I couldn't be happier with my new vehicle. The ride is smoother, handles better, and has more cupholders than my family could ever dream of using.

Great Van
By Jim on 12/10/05 22:49 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a American van it was in the shop every 3 months for one thing or another. I am on my 2nd Honda Van neither one has ever been in the shop for any repairs Just oil changes tire rotation thats it Thank Honda keep up the good work and ill keep buying them.

'06 Odyssey is a very nice van. . .
By dmaxwellh on 11/29/05 23:45 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle drives well and is quite comfortable. We have had no quality issues in the first few months and 3000 miles. Our mileage has averaged 19-22 mpg. I was surprised that a few simple items have been overlooked by Honda, such as an auto-on/off feature for the headlights and an auto-lock feature for the doors. These should be standard across the model lineup! I also believe that for such a safety-minded vehicle that power adjustable pedals should be available on each model, as well. Overall, my family has been pleased with the Odyssey. By, the way, our first venture in to snow was not too successful, thus new Blizzak snow tires have been ordered!

Disappointed so far
By Soupboy on 11/28/05 16:05 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my beloved WRX wagon for a van. Went with the loaded Odyssey Touring based on prior experience with an 98 Accord EX and favorable press. Bad move. Less than 90 days old it needed a complete tranny replacement and new molding on the windshield to eliminated horrible wind noise. Oh yeah, the mileage is awful regularly posting sub- 20mpg on road trips. The dealership said the tranny issue was attributable to a run of bad units from a particular vendor. The most offensive thing being they sell the van knowing the tranny will fail make you bring it in instead of proactively replacing it. Awful CS and negative goodwill. I would never buy this vehicle again.

Lives up to Honda reputation
By fred on 11/26/05 14:53 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the Honda in early October and Ihave already driven it 1800 miles on a recent trip without any problems. The car drives very smoothly and the wind noise is minimal. The pick up is decent for a 4000 pound car. I seriously considered the Sienna, but so far have no regrets.

2006 odyssey with R&N
By keny on 11/21/05 13:22 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love the van, only have about 400 miles on it so far. Just thought we can offer some opinion on the van for future buyers. First of all, for serious matter, the brakes make low noises at low speed; in addition, the pedals vibrate for about 2 seconds. Just spoke to authorized honda advisor, appearantly, it is a known problem and they don't have a fix to it. Said it is normal. Furtunately, she said it won't damage the van. She also has a honda accord and experienced the same problem. I was also told that the van will make the same noises when it is on reverse. LOL. But overall, we still love this van for its design, quality and reliability.

Vantastic!
By Dolphie on 11/20/05 20:25 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had the EXL with RES for five months and every drive has been a pleasure. Great power and handling for a minivan that is so carlike . I had a 2000 Mazda MPV and upgraded to the Honda this year for my two kids needed growing room. I was pleased the two vans were similar in interior design and handling. I got comfortable the first time I drove the Odyssey. Vantastic!

Great Family Hauler
By Izzy on 11/19/05 19:57 PM (PST)

Great van, all the trims, quiet on the highway, decent ergonomics. Plenty of amenities and driver personalization. The dealer is just Honda, not very good. So I recommend the shop manual for anyone, specialy if out of warranty. Very nice and polite, but can't fix much of anything.

WOW,WHAT A VAN!!!!!!!!
By James B on 11/19/05 14:16 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Drives like a Dream. Great 0 to 70 for entering the Highway. Handles really good @ 80 even when it is windy. MPG around 16 city 24 Hw. Could be better but, MPG is @ the bottom of my list. Safety, build quality and quickness are more important. Truly the odyssey is the best all around Van/Car for the money. You can not go wrong with this van.

Good but ...
By nosema on 11/14/05 15:48 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very good design.. But poor MPG and shimmy brake make me not so comfortable when I drive it.