2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Disappointed so far
By Soupboy on 11/28/05 16:05 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my beloved WRX wagon for a van. Went with the loaded Odyssey Touring based on prior experience with an 98 Accord EX and favorable press. Bad move. Less than 90 days old it needed a complete tranny replacement and new molding on the windshield to eliminated horrible wind noise. Oh yeah, the mileage is awful regularly posting sub- 20mpg on road trips. The dealership said the tranny issue was attributable to a run of bad units from a particular vendor. The most offensive thing being they sell the van knowing the tranny will fail make you bring it in instead of proactively replacing it. Awful CS and negative goodwill. I would never buy this vehicle again.

Lives up to Honda reputation
By fred on 11/26/05 14:53 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the Honda in early October and Ihave already driven it 1800 miles on a recent trip without any problems. The car drives very smoothly and the wind noise is minimal. The pick up is decent for a 4000 pound car. I seriously considered the Sienna, but so far have no regrets.

2006 odyssey with R&N
By keny on 11/21/05 13:22 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love the van, only have about 400 miles on it so far. Just thought we can offer some opinion on the van for future buyers. First of all, for serious matter, the brakes make low noises at low speed; in addition, the pedals vibrate for about 2 seconds. Just spoke to authorized honda advisor, appearantly, it is a known problem and they don't have a fix to it. Said it is normal. Furtunately, she said it won't damage the van. She also has a honda accord and experienced the same problem. I was also told that the van will make the same noises when it is on reverse. LOL. But overall, we still love this van for its design, quality and reliability.

Vantastic!
By Dolphie on 11/20/05 20:25 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had the EXL with RES for five months and every drive has been a pleasure. Great power and handling for a minivan that is so carlike . I had a 2000 Mazda MPV and upgraded to the Honda this year for my two kids needed growing room. I was pleased the two vans were similar in interior design and handling. I got comfortable the first time I drove the Odyssey. Vantastic!

Great Family Hauler
By Izzy on 11/19/05 19:57 PM (PST)

Great van, all the trims, quiet on the highway, decent ergonomics. Plenty of amenities and driver personalization. The dealer is just Honda, not very good. So I recommend the shop manual for anyone, specialy if out of warranty. Very nice and polite, but can't fix much of anything.

WOW,WHAT A VAN!!!!!!!!
By James B on 11/19/05 14:16 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Drives like a Dream. Great 0 to 70 for entering the Highway. Handles really good @ 80 even when it is windy. MPG around 16 city 24 Hw. Could be better but, MPG is @ the bottom of my list. Safety, build quality and quickness are more important. Truly the odyssey is the best all around Van/Car for the money. You can not go wrong with this van.

Good but ...
By nosema on 11/14/05 15:48 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very good design.. But poor MPG and shimmy brake make me not so comfortable when I drive it.

little disappointed
By Chandra on 11/14/05 10:07 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in Olds silhouette for this beautiful 2006 odyssey. Have owned honda cars before with pride & satisfaction. Have to say I am disappointed with the gas mileage so far. getting 15-17 mpg city, whereas my olds got 20-22mpg. I though odyssey would be better with the eco. cylinder thing. NOT

Too Many Issues
By mrmom on 11/12/05 10:50 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm the principal driver of our new Honda, my wife has own business. This is certainly not the best new car decision I've made. We've been back to dealer too many times, although dealership has been great. We've had the DVD player replaced twice and we rarely use it! The Steering has been pulling to right since day one with everything being tried. Now the power doors won't open from switches by the driver?

Love my Odyssey BUT poor gas mileage!
By LisaM on 11/04/05 17:33 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased a 2006 Honda Odyssey EXL. Overall, I really love it. It drives smoothly and has all the features I could dream of. My only complaint is the mileage has been way less then I hoped for. I have only been averaging 15-16mpg (about half hwy miles, no a/c) I hope this is just a break-in period for the engine and my gas mileage improves. If not, I am very disapointed. I chose a van over a SUV for gas mileage, and this is really no better than a Suburban.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.