Used 2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Most Helpful|
This Ain't Your Daddy's Van!
By cableguy06

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you are looking for a van with a sporty ride and handling, sport car like acceleration and the reliability that can only co,e from Honda? Then this is your van. It is extremely roomy (far more than the Toyota Sienna and Chrysler vans) and has every creature comfort available. The NAV and DVD are must haves if you drive any distance with your children to visit family or travel for vacation.

Favorite Features

The NAV, DVD, and steering wheel controls are excellent. The dash board computer information display is easy to use and extremely informative. Destination to Empty, Tire Pressure details for EACH tire, outside temperature, etc. is all very useful detail. The leather is very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Turn signal side view mirrors and HID headlights would be a great touch. At this stage of the game, a bluetooth phone interface should come standard with the NAV.

Great Minivan
By CPerez

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best minivan I had (3). I drive it DAILY. Fuel economy when "eco"light is on is great. Only disappointments are quality of paint & shocks. Kids bicycles scratches go all the way to the bare metal or plastic. The paint is not as good as my previous vehicles (BMW, Ford, Dodge, Volvo). I had to replace the rear shocks at 37,000. Other than those two things, the van is great. I am planning to replace it with another Odyssey

Favorite Features

Seating for 8, A/C, maneuverability, it is peppy when needed. Fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Paint quality is not as good as expected. A more resistant paint and longer lasting rear shocks

Love my Van
By Honda lover

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I cannot understand all the complaints about the Odyssey. I previously had 2 different Chrysler vans and this Odyssey beats anything I had with Chrysler. I have had not brake problems, no tire troubles, nothing. I am religious about oil changes and routine mileage servicing. I would buy another Odyssey in a minute! Drives like a dream!

Favorite Features

Captain seats in front with lumbar support.

Suggested Improvements

Little bit more leg room in the middle sections would be helpful.

Was hoping this was a van to last 10 years
By buyamerican11

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this fan new in 2006 because it was a Honda and I wanted a vehicle to care for properly and last 10 years. We drive about 12k a year, so this isn't much to ask. Its a noisy stiff ride, tires don't last longer than 25k, and we've had issues that you wouldn't expect from Honda. New front axles, AC problems, lots of rattles and noises, Its a nice looking fan, quality materials inside, good paint, no complaints there.

Favorite Features

Looks Quality of materials

Suggested Improvements

Automatic headlights Being able to see outside temp, and total miles at same time. Right now you can only see outside temp and trip meter A on the dash at the same time. Quiter ride... this is a noisy stiff riding vehicle. Tires only last 25k miles... $800 to replace. :>(

Best mini van out there
By mooger1

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this van in July 2006. We had some issues with this van, front wheel bearings, power steering pump, twice, all repaired or replaced by Honda. We now have 112,000 on this van and it runs like new. I just replaced the timing belt, and plan on using it another hundred thousand mies. This has been the very best vehicle I have ever owned

Favorite Features

Power doors, seats and it is truly fun to drive