2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Great Vehicle
By Scarhill on 01/03/06 09:52 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the Odyssey (EX-L w/RES) a little over a week ago. I have had minivans for nearly 20 years. I had always resisted going for a Honda or Toyota because of the high selling prices. However, having put up with minivans from Ford and Dodge, I decided it was time to bite the bullet and put quality ahead of price. Looking at vehicles from Honda and Toyota, the Odyssey was clearly best for my purposes. Even though I have only had the vehilce for a week, the difference in quality between it and the domestics is obvious. I also got a good price on the vehicle, paying less than invoice. At this point, I couldn't be happier.

Worst purchase ever
By dabarbour on 12/26/05 07:33 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All features are slow to react. Voice response never responses correctly. No storage for the driver-side very frustrating car to drive. Gas mileage is awful. Highest I've seen is 17mpg. The feature that shuts down three cylinders slams hard when its on and you have to brake. You could change seasons waiting for the "automatic electronic" doors to open or close. Just an overpriced piece of junk!

Best Minivan choice
By Jeremy on 12/21/05 18:10 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Honda Odyssey is packed full of great standard features and is very comfortable to drive. We love driving this car and it is such a functional great family vehicle. You will not be disappointed.

The Odessey of MiniVans
By Family Guy on 12/20/05 12:07 PM (PST)

Having driven sports cars from the day I got my license (and still have one) I must say that having taken the family on 6 long distance trips so far, this is the most comfortable, well thought out vechicle for kids AND adults. The kids watch dvds with wireless headsets while the adults can still listen to "our" music/xm. Never once did we say, we wish this van had this or placed something there. Excellent workmanship, and the run flat tires give me piece of mind should the wife be driving with our 3 kids and get a flat.

only 65 miles on OD
By tc on 12/18/05 19:43 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's a great vehicle, and the coolest minivan I could find. Clearly the industry leader, but I'll admit I did not look closely at Toyota. I like Hondas, my 2000 Accord LX has been trouble free through 65K. Plan to keep the Ody for 10 years. I wish there were more color choices with a tan interior (a must for us). Just knowing I could blast to 60 in 7.4 seconds is great, though not planning to test that limit until I have at least 500 miles on the OD.

A minivan that can handle curves
By sapgar on 12/15/05 14:14 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best minivan I ever owned or test driven. The only minivan that handles like a German sedan. I can't imagine a more practical kid hauler or vacation vehicle. Sure hope it holds up for miles to come.

Honda?
By Snowman on 12/15/05 07:57 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Honda, might be my last!!!! Problems from day one - wind noise from winshield, grinding brakes and electrical gremlins. MPG is terrible so far - 16 mpg! Dealer is trying hard to keep us happy, Honda is not!

EX-L RES/NAV So far so good.
By fordz1 on 12/14/05 18:24 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I have only had the van for two weeks, and will update the review once I put a few thousand miles on it. It is a joy to drive and the kids enjoy the DVD system.

Wonderful Van
By Onlysee on 12/11/05 01:30 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great Van! I traded in my 2004 Odyssey EX-RES for the 2006 EX. I love the re-design, and I couldn't be happier with my new vehicle. The ride is smoother, handles better, and has more cupholders than my family could ever dream of using.

Great Van
By Jim on 12/10/05 22:49 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a American van it was in the shop every 3 months for one thing or another. I am on my 2nd Honda Van neither one has ever been in the shop for any repairs Just oil changes tire rotation thats it Thank Honda keep up the good work and ill keep buying them.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.