Used 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Great car but lots of annoying problems....
By walnutchen

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We really like the car, its roomy, drives nice, cool design, lots of cup holders, but this car is always under repair which is really annoying. Since we had it (4 yrs now) we've had to: 1) Run flats wore out at (and every ) 20K. ($1500 each time) 2) automatic doors had spring popped out (3) rear engine mount had to be replaced ($800) 4) alignment was off ($100) 5) DVD system sometimes shows blank screen (we had to eject it several times for it to work. This is the most amount of maintenance I had to do for a car under 60K miles.

Favorite Features

Roomy, drives nice, lots of cup holders

Suggested Improvements

Suggestion for Honda to build a car that does not involve so much maintenance. Don't make parts that break easily (especially things that you don't expect to EVER break, like engine mounts).

Nice Van but Misled on RunFlats
By Alicia

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really had not had many complaints about my Honda Odyssey touring. Although last year we took it in and were told that the engine mounts had to be replaced. Walked out $1700 later. Never had to replace that part on any other car I had now with only 27k on my mileage I have to get new tires. Not bad if they were regular tires but no we were sold the run flats. No one told us that each tire would cost $350 plus labor. $1600 later and that does not include the part inside the tire that needs to be replaced after 4 yrs so each one is another $200. We are looking at $2300 to replace my tires. So mad. We are now looking at selling this van pretty quickly.

Suggested Improvements

Now they have got rid of run flats but I think they need to compensate the people that paid $600 extra to have that feature.

2006 Honda Touring
By HohumHonda

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first Honda purchase and will be my last. I spent an extra $7000 over the Town and Country, expecting to get better quality, but was disappointed at the nagging problems: too much interior noise, poor quality sound system, funny sounds at low engine speeds, poor braking distance, sliding door problems, moulding strips came loose, overrated gas mileage (I never got more 18 mpg). BEWARE, this car handles terribly in wet/cold conditions. My wife can't make it up the driveway. Worst of all, Michelin PAX tires cost $350 each to replace and only last 25,000 mi. This car is too expensive to maintain down the road and cost too much up front for the Honda name. I traded for the Enclave

Suggested Improvements

Overestimated gas mileage, improve the brakes, get rid of the PAX tires fiasco, improve handling, reduce interior noise

Not up to previous standards
By JakeMinor

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was our third Honda Odyssey but most disappointing. Our favorite model was 2004. Have had brakes checked 3 times, rotors turned and replaced, and brake pads replaced twice. Run-flat tires are incredibly expensive and wear fast. Price of tires and installation - what a shock! On third set after 80,000 miles. Also, after a few months, the seal around the front windshield began to whistle loudly at high speeds, and it continues to get worse with age. The biggest improvement has been with the engine and fuel economy. The sound system, which would have been quite fancy in 1985, has been a real dud for the price. This will probably be our last Odyssey.

Favorite Features

Improved fuel economy Interior space

Suggested Improvements

No more run-flat tires. Better seals around windshield and doors. Better and more reliable brakes. Using a rear windshield wiper size that can be purchased in an auto parts store (Who thought of that piece of work?).

1st Time Mini-Van Owner
By April

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love the ease of use on the Odyssey. The electronic doors opening for my kids, the lazy susan for storage. The DVD rear entertainment system is a must for kids. There is lots of room for storage and the drive is very smooth.

Favorite Features

The DVD system, automatic sliding side doors and the automatic rear door. I also like the sunshade visors, the numerous cup holders, the mirror to watch the kids and the storage space.

Suggested Improvements

I think they should make the sunshade visors be electric. They can be difficult to do for a short person.