2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Good van/ expensive to own
By donovan7 on 03/12/14 10:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2006 Honda brand new off the lot. I have had the van for 8 years and put on 75K miles. The first 50K miles were great. No issues and then the expense: Engine Mount $1,000, Sliding Door repair $350, Axle/boot issue $600, A/C repair $450, steering box $250 and not to mention putting on my third set of tires at 75K miles. Normal repairs such as brakes, fluids etc but to be expected.

EX-L What a Disappointment
By jennnevada on 06/30/12 23:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car new and put on 69K miles before trading it in today. It was great for hauling around children and provided a comfortable ride and plenty of cargo space. Now the downside: lousy gas mileage (13 in town/22 hwy), on my 3rd power steering pump, my alternator recently failed and was replaced by Honda for $600, rear sliding door opening/closing mechanism failed last year, battery and brakes were replaced often, constant loud & jolting popping when turning at low speeds (cv joint issue?) and a host of other issues amounting to significant repair costs. I am happy to be rid of this money pit! My past Hondas have been great but not this model and year.

Always getting repairs
By mom4girlz on 04/05/12 18:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this brand new and expecte to get a long time out of a Honda with few hassels. So many recalls, so many repairs! I replaced the tires every year because of uneven wear - dealership never seems to be able to fix the problem. AC has gone, breaks have gone, bearings have gone, power doors dont open properly, radiator has gone, the list goes on and on. I figure in the last 12 mths alone I have spent 5grand in repairs. Parts are always expensive. All problems have been "out of warrenty coverage" according to dealer. Just not like my old civic or 4runner. Saving for a Subaru or Toyota!

Was hoping this was a van to last 10 years
By buyamerican11 on 09/13/11 07:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this fan new in 2006 because it was a Honda and I wanted a vehicle to care for properly and last 10 years. We drive about 12k a year, so this isn't much to ask. Its a noisy stiff ride, tires don't last longer than 25k, and we've had issues that you wouldn't expect from Honda. New front axles, AC problems, lots of rattles and noises, Its a nice looking fan, quality materials inside, good paint, no complaints there.

Best of the best
By elewsader on 12/17/10 17:22 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

*at the time of this release - this has been the definitive minivan for the market segment. I tend to pull up to intersections with multiple Odyssey in line which doesn't bother me because I can feel comfortable knowing I've selected the best available option for my money. If you find yourself on the fence on deciding whether to go with the Sienna or the Honda which I did; I have no regrets with this car. The fit an finish just far exceed all other minivans in this segment and this has been one of the few rare purchases in my life that I've not regretted.

Good/Bad and Ugly
By Priceclub on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are a family of 5. The (good) Honda's automatic opening doors were great with the twins when they were in car carrier seats. The room inside is great and the van still had plenty of power when 8 people were inside. The (bad) OEM brakes are not made to handle this vehicle, I swear we have had rotor problems twice, and the transmission had to be fixed. The (ugly) is the tires, 82,000 miles,and just put the fourth set on last Saturday. Have tired Mich, Yoko and Goodyear's twice. I have alignments every 6 months and rotate/balance every oil change. At least Sears pro- rated the last set for $300 dollars.

Love my Van
By Honda lover on 03/18/10 14:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I cannot understand all the complaints about the Odyssey. I previously had 2 different Chrysler vans and this Odyssey beats anything I had with Chrysler. I have had not brake problems, no tire troubles, nothing. I am religious about oil changes and routine mileage servicing. I would buy another Odyssey in a minute! Drives like a dream!

Greatness
By Borntodrive on 10/19/09 18:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is amazing, I actually like taking this car out, and I'm only 18, it drives very well. I was recently with a big group of friends and we would've had to call up a 3rd car if it wasn't for the Odyssey... it hauled the required 8 people with ease. I was very pleased. The car is far more planted and composed than the Pilot that I usually drive, it's very sure of itself, it has good grip. My friends seem to love the car as well, they find it very comfortable, as do I. It is a road trip maestro. However the brakes are a little wonky compared to the Pilot, the pedal travel is far too long, and it stinks when it comes time to park this thing because it's so big, vs. the just stick it Pilot.

Honda forever
By kg on 10/12/09 19:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was recently traveling at 65 miles an hour when I ran over a piece of metal on the interstate. I lost control of the car for a moment but managed to keep the van straight. Unfortunately, my back axle broke but the Honda handled it extremely well. I thought for sure we were about to have a horrific accident but the Honda managed to keep all four tires on the ground and we ended up on the shoulder of the road. God played the biggest part in keeping my family safe but thank you, Honda for Vehicle Stability Assist. I could feel the wheels fighting the urge to leave the road. The reason my husband and I chose this vehicle was safety and I'm so pleased that the investment paid off.

Love it
By Laura on 02/15/09 18:23 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 5th Odyssey and we love it. The lease is up next month and I have been searching for something to replace it as we no longer need a vehicle this large. I have test driven so many cross overs and mid size cars that they are becoming a blur. Nothing I've driven meets my expectations after my experiences with my Odysseys. I am seriously considering getting another one even though I wanted to down size a little, because they have been comfortable, reliable and great in the snow and ice.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.