2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Exceeded Expectations
By daschneid on 04/21/14 10:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van has been absolutely fantastic. I have never had mechanical problems of any kind. The power sliding doors have worked consistently and I've never had a problem. Couldn't say that about the Ford Minivan I owned previously. Great ride, excellent mileage - average mid to high 20's. Very reliable. I bought it new in 2006 and I can see driving it for another 5 or 6 years. Design and quality is great. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Time to Buy it Out
By Alu on 07/22/10 19:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We're a one vehicle family, 2 kids, and dog. Leased new in '06 after handing in returning our '02 Civic. The need for a reliable, spacious vehicle was obvious. We went with the LX because we didn't need the bells and whistles. We've made good use of the space - golf clubs, hockey equip, and bikes, and of course many trips to the Home Depot. Overall very pleased with performance, ride, reliability. As a daily driver, putting on 50 plus km a day, it's been good. Snow tires on it for the long winters, and it rides well. Breaks needed work much earlier than expected (45,000 km), but she's a heavy van (no civic). Been looking at 'used' vans too but, not impressed, we'll stick with what we got!

great value
By petras on 02/24/10 14:44 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

base lx well equipped, comfortable ride, good handling, great for road trips, lots of storage space, strong and reasonably fuel efficient engine, no reliability issues yet... unless you need a rwd suv for towing, this is definitely a better "bang for the buck"

Brakes
By Beth on 04/25/09 14:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned this car for 3 yrs. Bought it new. Am a stay at home mom and have not driven it much but in 3 yrs. we have had the brake pads replaced once under warranty and now they are grinding AGAIN at 33,000 and the dealership wants us to pay saying a 25,000 mile repair is normal. We own another car and in 100,000 miles have never replaced the pads. BE FOREWARNED ABOUT THESE BRAKE PROBLEMS. I am now going to contact Corp. and see what response I get.

Great Riding Van
By Mitch on 03/22/08 15:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very happy with my van, due to health problems I haven't been able to drive it as much as I want. The MPG are pretty good 17-18 city & 26 Hwy. I've read some reviews that stated poor gas mileage. maybe they are driving at 90 on the Hwy, I'm driving 70-75. The worst Hwy MPG I've gotten was 24 MPG. Am I happy I bough it ? Yes !!

comfortable ride
By petras on 08/28/07 14:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i recommend the base lx version if you can live without the expensive "bells and whistles"..the lx is well equiped,roomy, and comfortable on long trips...if you don't need a vehicle for towing and want a lot of room, this and other minivans are a much better value than large suv's..don't worry about the "soccer mom" stigma...no reliability issues so far..highly recommended...

Great Minivan!
By San Anton on 04/27/07 20:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you're looking for a great minivan that's fun to drive and looks nice, look no further. We drove all the top brands and Honda wins any comparison, hands down. That being said, the Toyota is a close second however, the ride isn't near as smooth or quiet and its expensive option packages make buying one a not-so- great experience. We've had our LX for a year and we couldn't be happier (unless of course we had the touring model, but that's a bit outside our budget). If you're thinking of buying a minivan, drive the Honda first then compare the others. You'll see what I mean.

Odyssey LX 2006
By Andrew on 03/08/07 17:26 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Own the van for less than a year, 10k miles, so far no trouble. It is one of the best vehicles I have ever driven. It is ideal for any size family. Has a lot of safety features identical for all models, base and upscale. Drives like German sedan, better than many cars. It has more useful space than midsize or some full size SUVs, lower price, burns less and has excellent ergonomics and comfort. Traction control makes this vehicle trouble less in winter. I do not see reason for choosing a SUV over this van. The ride is quiet, good for long trips, braking & visibility are excellent. Power is adequate. Mileage is not of a Civic, neither the size. Pity people turned away from minivans.

minivans rule
By vladytom on 11/30/06 11:45 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When we decided to shop for a large SUV I was looking either for a Toyota Highlander or a Honda Pilot. I never imagined that I will buy a minivan (not sporty enough). I tried a few used SUVs but I didn't like the "feel of the wheel". When I first tried that used Odyssey, just to show my wife why we don't need a minivan... it was love at first sight! It drives so nice and it's so much more comfortable than an SUV! As Edmunds says, there are 2 categories of people: the ones who like the Ody and the ones who don't know this yet!

Love it!!!!!!!
By Mary on 11/06/06 12:19 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2006 Town & Country for the Honda EX-L. I paid $27,358 for the car and am very happy with the price. The sticker price was $31,390.00. There were only 3 new 2006 left and the dealer was running a special (can you believe a special on a Honda!) All 3 were sold that weekend! The car is very comfortable (I have had 8 people in it twice now). Very quite, a lot of pick up. No comparison to the town & country. Will keep this car for a long time.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.