2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Great car but lots of annoying problems....
By walnutchen on 02/06/11 09:43 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We really like the car, its roomy, drives nice, cool design, lots of cup holders, but this car is always under repair which is really annoying. Since we had it (4 yrs now) we've had to: 1) Run flats wore out at (and every ) 20K. ($1500 each time) 2) automatic doors had spring popped out (3) rear engine mount had to be replaced ($800) 4) alignment was off ($100) 5) DVD system sometimes shows blank screen (we had to eject it several times for it to work. This is the most amount of maintenance I had to do for a car under 60K miles.

Nice Van but Misled on RunFlats
By Alicia on 03/23/10 17:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really had not had many complaints about my Honda Odyssey touring. Although last year we took it in and were told that the engine mounts had to be replaced. Walked out $1700 later. Never had to replace that part on any other car I had now with only 27k on my mileage I have to get new tires. Not bad if they were regular tires but no we were sold the run flats. No one told us that each tire would cost $350 plus labor. $1600 later and that does not include the part inside the tire that needs to be replaced after 4 yrs so each one is another $200. We are looking at $2300 to replace my tires. So mad. We are now looking at selling this van pretty quickly.

2006 Honda Touring
By HohumHonda on 02/22/10 19:06 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first Honda purchase and will be my last. I spent an extra $7000 over the Town and Country, expecting to get better quality, but was disappointed at the nagging problems: too much interior noise, poor quality sound system, funny sounds at low engine speeds, poor braking distance, sliding door problems, moulding strips came loose, overrated gas mileage (I never got more 18 mpg). BEWARE, this car handles terribly in wet/cold conditions. My wife can't make it up the driveway. Worst of all, Michelin PAX tires cost $350 each to replace and only last 25,000 mi. This car is too expensive to maintain down the road and cost too much up front for the Honda name. I traded for the Enclave

Not up to previous standards
By JakeMinor on 02/16/10 12:36 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was our third Honda Odyssey but most disappointing. Our favorite model was 2004. Have had brakes checked 3 times, rotors turned and replaced, and brake pads replaced twice. Run-flat tires are incredibly expensive and wear fast. Price of tires and installation - what a shock! On third set after 80,000 miles. Also, after a few months, the seal around the front windshield began to whistle loudly at high speeds, and it continues to get worse with age. The biggest improvement has been with the engine and fuel economy. The sound system, which would have been quite fancy in 1985, has been a real dud for the price. This will probably be our last Odyssey.

1st Time Mini-Van Owner
By April on 05/01/07 10:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love the ease of use on the Odyssey. The electronic doors opening for my kids, the lazy susan for storage. The DVD rear entertainment system is a must for kids. There is lots of room for storage and the drive is very smooth.

Very nice!
By Homey on 04/17/07 16:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a certified enemy of the mini-van and am embarrassed that I like this vehicle so much.

Heads Up
By bob t on 09/15/06 18:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At 25,000 miles my Michelin pax tires will need replacement in 5-7000 miles. Cost to replace is $225/tire. Cannot subtitute other rims or tires. Keep this in mind when puchasing the touring model.

Ecstatic
By Stacey on 09/14/06 14:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a terrific vehicle! I was a previous owner of a Quest and wish I had started with the Odyssey. Kid friendly, plenty of cup holders & storage. Easy to fold seats, even my 5 yr. old can do it. The DVD has a crisp, clean screen. This vehicle is so quiet during city & highway driving. Easy to read dash & user friendly climate control. So much more superior to the Quest. It gets great gas mileage. I can't say enough good things about this van!

Honda Odyssey
By julie on 05/24/06 13:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned! I feel like for the first time I am in a vehicle that was truly researched for what a driver would want - I can't find anything I do not like about the van. I wish I hadn't gotten one sooner.

Never thought I'd own a minivan
By Marty on 04/17/06 08:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove this vehicle and loved it. My wife now takes it more often than our Acura TL sedan. No problems with it since we bought it in October.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.