2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Great car! Great Choice!
By 3ddie on 01/27/14 16:02 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Really reliable van has 130,000+ miles and not a single issue. Lots of space and lots of fun to drive.

Best mini van out there
By mooger1 on 03/31/13 18:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this van in July 2006. We had some issues with this van, front wheel bearings, power steering pump, twice, all repaired or replaced by Honda. We now have 112,000 on this van and it runs like new. I just replaced the timing belt, and plan on using it another hundred thousand mies. This has been the very best vehicle I have ever owned

DON'T BUY A HONDA ODYSSEY
By bobbie67 on 08/07/12 14:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2006 Odyssey new. I'm retired and drive less than 7,000 miles a year. In less than 2 years, the battery died. Two years later, the 2nd battery died. Today, two years later, the battery died. To date, I've spent $450 on batteries. The rear brakes wore out at only 40,000 miles. The brake sensor system did not work. Discs, pads and rotors had to be replaced. Eats batteries & tires. Master cylinder and power steering failed. Soft brake pedal; dealer can fix. Lousy gas mileage: 15 city, 20 interstate. Handles like a tank. Too many blind spots. Auto-liding door problems.

Great!!
By kleiner on 02/05/12 17:05 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car used in February 2011 with 71,000 miles in it and love it. We like to sliding doors. There is a lot of cargo space. Plenty of leg room in the 3rd row. The only problem we've had is a new starter and the power-steering pump recall. We now have 88,000 miles on it and plan to drive it till it drops.

Pretty Good
By kleiner on 12/14/11 11:42 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car in Febuary and it had 71,000 miles on it. It has only needed new engine mounts, a new starter, new tire, and a power steering pump.

Not for Winter Climates
By scottmason on 05/09/11 19:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van is fun to drive with a ton of features. It is like owning a sports car that hauls a lot of people. The radio is amazing with a six disc changer. The down side is it cannot get through snow. If there is more than an inch of snow, this van slides, spins and is not comforting to drive. Winter driving is horrible. This van has a whistle from the lower part of the windshield at highway speeds. I read this in other reviews and did not believe it. It is very true and a horrible noise. I have owned this van for under six months and will be selling it very soon.

Happy Odyssey Owner
By Onlysee on 07/18/10 01:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I put over 60,000 miles on our Odyssey (and raised 3 kids "in it") before trading it in for a 2010 last month. It was extremely reliable, and we never had a problem with it that stranded us anywhere. We had the VERY COMMON problem of the power steering pump and reservoir on our van (both were replaced). We had 2 engine mounts & the automatic transmission replaced (EVERYTHING under warranty) at approximately 58,000 miles.

Too expensive to maintan
By tired of my honda va on 05/06/10 09:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have to admit, I am terribly disappointed with the Honda Odyssey. Every trip to the dealer for BASIC maintenance is dreadful since I always walk out spending hundreds of dollars for some reason or the other. Definitely consider reviewing other vans before you decide to buy this one.

Joe's Odyssey
By Joe and Shirley on 03/10/10 15:44 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

One of the most reliable vehicles we have ever owned. It has been a pleasure to own.

Van-a-gan
By Ole Miss on 02/23/10 12:49 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the van new and have had it over four years and put 75000 miles on it. I have had the power steering pump replaced once and it still groans and growls. The brakes grate and make noise, but always work. I've had them checked out, but they say they're alright. The van performs flawlessly otherwise. It really likes to go, and dare I say it is "fun" to drive. My teenager likes to drive it. I have a difficult time keeping it under 90mph. I drove the Sienna and it seemed under powered and soft. Gas mileage is good for a large vehicle at 21 city and 25 highway. Lots of room and with a whole lot of storage space make it a great car for traveling. I would buy it again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.