Used 2006 Honda Odyssey LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Exceeded Expectations
By daschneid

2006 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van has been absolutely fantastic. I have never had mechanical problems of any kind. The power sliding doors have worked consistently and I've never had a problem. Couldn't say that about the Ford Minivan I owned previously. Great ride, excellent mileage - average mid to high 20's. Very reliable. I bought it new in 2006 and I can see driving it for another 5 or 6 years. Design and quality is great. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Time to Buy it Out
By Alu

2006 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We're a one vehicle family, 2 kids, and dog. Leased new in '06 after handing in returning our '02 Civic. The need for a reliable, spacious vehicle was obvious. We went with the LX because we didn't need the bells and whistles. We've made good use of the space - golf clubs, hockey equip, and bikes, and of course many trips to the Home Depot. Overall very pleased with performance, ride, reliability. As a daily driver, putting on 50 plus km a day, it's been good. Snow tires on it for the long winters, and it rides well. Breaks needed work much earlier than expected (45,000 km), but she's a heavy van (no civic). Been looking at 'used' vans too but, not impressed, we'll stick with what we got!

Roominess; Comfort; Safety features; styling; Sound system is adequate; Lots of cup holders!!! Fit and finish thus far have been pretty solid.

Fix shimmy at 105 - 115 km/hr range; Better breaks; Better sliding door mechanism (have manual doors, but had to replace the upper hinge assembly - apparently kids 'slamming it' open bends the pin); Auto On Headlights (really, that's an option on the LX)

great value
By petras

2006 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

base lx well equipped, comfortable ride, good handling, great for road trips, lots of storage space, strong and reasonably fuel efficient engine, no reliability issues yet... unless you need a rwd suv for towing, this is definitely a better "bang for the buck"

comfort, ride, room, storage space

some higher end versions have run flat tires that are expensive to replace and wear out quickly

Brakes
By Beth

2006 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned this car for 3 yrs. Bought it new. Am a stay at home mom and have not driven it much but in 3 yrs. we have had the brake pads replaced once under warranty and now they are grinding AGAIN at 33,000 and the dealership wants us to pay saying a 25,000 mile repair is normal. We own another car and in 100,000 miles have never replaced the pads. BE FOREWARNED ABOUT THESE BRAKE PROBLEMS. I am now going to contact Corp. and see what response I get.

Great Riding Van
By Mitch

2006 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very happy with my van, due to health problems I haven't been able to drive it as much as I want. The MPG are pretty good 17-18 city & 26 Hwy. I've read some reviews that stated poor gas mileage. maybe they are driving at 90 on the Hwy, I'm driving 70-75. The worst Hwy MPG I've gotten was 24 MPG. Am I happy I bough it ? Yes !!

I really like the way the transmission shifts, yeah I know it sounds weird, but I do.

Somehow raise that radiator shield which can sometimes cause problems