2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Not buying Honda again
By catnparadise on 10/12/14 18:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Odyssey new in 2006. First 4 years, everything was perfect. The last 4 years a money pit. First thing that went wrong was a cracked rear motor mount; apparently Honda put some kind of electrical piece with that part, making the repair be over $1000. I have gone through several batteries, way before their time. DVD player stopped working. Window screen clips break easily. My most recent repair was a new alternator, and now I have a whining noise that comes and goes, probably power steering pump. I really expected more from Honda, and was hoping to get at least more years out of it, now I am shopping for a SUV, not even gonna look at the Pilot.

Dont buy a Honda...
By meinnocentha on 08/25/14 14:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am VERY disappointed with my purchase..I bought a 2006 Odyssey touring edition fully loaded from the original owner who had it maintained 100% BY HONDA at their dealership per Honda recommendations. (i verified all of it and saw all the reports before i bought it) I bought it with 139K, transmission went out at 140K...there goes 6K+to fix it. Tried to get honda to help with repairs since its a WELL KNOWN occurance...of course they WILL NOT HELP, if your out of your 3/yr 36K warranty your screwed... Honda doesnt give a crap about their customers once out of warranty.... I even had to pay SHIPPING on the parts every time something needed to be fixed, screw you honda!

What a lemon
By firemanrod on 07/27/14 14:41 PM (PDT)

My daughter bought this car thinking Honda was a quality product. What a huge disappointment. It is hard to be happy with a product when the company put out a lemon. You can read many many complaints about the transmissions on these things. Yes her transmission went out. When she bought it used from a Honda dealer she noticed it had a small drip of transmission fluid and asked the dealer to fix it. What they did not tell her there is no fixing it. Torque converter problems bearing problems. Another transmission she had to pay for it and it still has problems. Yes, Honda, I will never buy another. I know my daughter will never buy another and this was her second.

Exceeded Expectations
By daschneid on 04/21/14 10:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van has been absolutely fantastic. I have never had mechanical problems of any kind. The power sliding doors have worked consistently and I've never had a problem. Couldn't say that about the Ford Minivan I owned previously. Great ride, excellent mileage - average mid to high 20's. Very reliable. I bought it new in 2006 and I can see driving it for another 5 or 6 years. Design and quality is great. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Good van/ expensive to own
By donovan7 on 03/12/14 10:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2006 Honda brand new off the lot. I have had the van for 8 years and put on 75K miles. The first 50K miles were great. No issues and then the expense: Engine Mount $1,000, Sliding Door repair $350, Axle/boot issue $600, A/C repair $450, steering box $250 and not to mention putting on my third set of tires at 75K miles. Normal repairs such as brakes, fluids etc but to be expected.

Great car! Great Choice!
By 3ddie on 01/27/14 16:02 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Really reliable van has 130,000+ miles and not a single issue. Lots of space and lots of fun to drive.

Honda minivan 2006
By bmw125 on 07/30/13 19:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I think it has great value, it is fun to drive, and it looks good inside and out. It's not the coolest car in the world but it gets the job done just fine.

Best mini van out there
By mooger1 on 03/31/13 18:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this van in July 2006. We had some issues with this van, front wheel bearings, power steering pump, twice, all repaired or replaced by Honda. We now have 112,000 on this van and it runs like new. I just replaced the timing belt, and plan on using it another hundred thousand mies. This has been the very best vehicle I have ever owned

Outstanding Vehicle
By artchee on 12/27/12 08:31 AM (PST)

Everything is relative; depends on what you may have been driving. I have been driving this 2006 Odyssey Touring for just over a year. Previously I drove a Lincoln Town Car for 10 years. Don't know if there is a better "ride" than with the Town Car, BUT I have not lost much with the Odyssey. I purchased it 5 years old, as $40K is entirely too much to pay for a "new" car which quickly becomes a "used" car. This model was clean and in excellent condition. I put in new spark plugs & changed the timing belt, & had to purchase a spare tire, as the former owner changed out the run-flat tires (thankfully). ONLY complaint: MPG is like 15/22, when rated at 20/28.

DON'T BUY A HONDA ODYSSEY
By bobbie67 on 08/07/12 14:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2006 Odyssey new. I'm retired and drive less than 7,000 miles a year. In less than 2 years, the battery died. Two years later, the 2nd battery died. Today, two years later, the battery died. To date, I've spent $450 on batteries. The rear brakes wore out at only 40,000 miles. The brake sensor system did not work. Discs, pads and rotors had to be replaced. Eats batteries & tires. Master cylinder and power steering failed. Soft brake pedal; dealer can fix. Lousy gas mileage: 15 city, 20 interstate. Handles like a tank. Too many blind spots. Auto-liding door problems.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.