Used 2006 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 313 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Not buying Honda again
By catnparadise

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Odyssey new in 2006. First 4 years, everything was perfect. The last 4 years a money pit. First thing that went wrong was a cracked rear motor mount; apparently Honda put some kind of electrical piece with that part, making the repair be over $1000. I have gone through several batteries, way before their time. DVD player stopped working. Window screen clips break easily. My most recent repair was a new alternator, and now I have a whining noise that comes and goes, probably power steering pump. I really expected more from Honda, and was hoping to get at least more years out of it, now I am shopping for a SUV, not even gonna look at the Pilot.

Comfort, lots of room, love all the extras, moonroof, DVD player, power everything, heated seats

Stronger window screen clips, power tailgate, bluetooth, backup camera

Dont buy a Honda...
By meinnocentha

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am VERY disappointed with my purchase..I bought a 2006 Odyssey touring edition fully loaded from the original owner who had it maintained 100% BY HONDA at their dealership per Honda recommendations. (i verified all of it and saw all the reports before i bought it)
I bought it with 139K, transmission went out at 140K...there goes 6K+to fix it.
Tried to get honda to help with repairs since its a WELL KNOWN occurance...of course they WILL NOT HELP, if your out of your 3/yr 36K warranty your screwed... Honda doesnt give a crap about their customers once out of warranty.... I even had to pay SHIPPING on the parts every time something needed to be fixed, screw you honda!

Nothing.

Stop selling over priced JUNK!

What a lemon
By firemanrod

My daughter bought this car thinking Honda was a quality product.
What a huge disappointment.
It is hard to be happy with a product when the company put out a lemon. You can read many many complaints about the transmissions on these things.

Yes her transmission went out. When she bought it used from a Honda dealer she noticed
it had a small drip of transmission fluid and asked the dealer to fix it. What they did not tell her there is no fixing it.
Torque converter problems bearing problems. Another transmission she had to pay for it and it still has problems. Yes, Honda, I will never buy another. I know my daughter will never buy another and this was her second.

It is blue, paint is peeling.

A transmission that works. Paint that does not peel. How about motor mounts that are a bit more accessible so when they go bad you can get to them. Honda what where you doing? The front motor mount bolt faces forward towards the radiator with no space? Why not put the bolt facing up, so when the bad transmissions go out you can actually reach them. How about just a little thought on being able to reach the bolts that are going to be taken out to work on all of the other bad products under the hood.

Exceeded Expectations
By daschneid

2006 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van has been absolutely fantastic.
I have never had mechanical problems of any kind.
The power sliding doors have worked consistently and I've never had a problem.
Couldn't say that about the Ford Minivan I owned previously.
Great ride, excellent mileage - average mid to high 20's.
Very reliable.
I bought it new in 2006 and I can see driving it for another 5 or 6 years.
Design and quality is great.
I highly recommend this vehicle.

Good van/ expensive to own
By donovan7

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2006 Honda brand new off the lot. I have had the van for 8 years and put on 75K miles. The first 50K miles were great. No issues and then the expense: Engine Mount $1,000, Sliding Door repair $350, Axle/boot issue $600, A/C repair $450, steering box $250 and not to mention putting on my third set of tires at 75K miles. Normal repairs such as brakes, fluids etc but to be expected.

Nice design and engine is reliable. Has never left me stranded. Nice and roomy for the kids.

Road noise is bad.