2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Exceeded Expectations
By daschneid on 04/21/14 10:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van has been absolutely fantastic. I have never had mechanical problems of any kind. The power sliding doors have worked consistently and I've never had a problem. Couldn't say that about the Ford Minivan I owned previously. Great ride, excellent mileage - average mid to high 20's. Very reliable. I bought it new in 2006 and I can see driving it for another 5 or 6 years. Design and quality is great. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Good van/ expensive to own
By donovan7 on 03/12/14 10:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2006 Honda brand new off the lot. I have had the van for 8 years and put on 75K miles. The first 50K miles were great. No issues and then the expense: Engine Mount $1,000, Sliding Door repair $350, Axle/boot issue $600, A/C repair $450, steering box $250 and not to mention putting on my third set of tires at 75K miles. Normal repairs such as brakes, fluids etc but to be expected.

Great car! Great Choice!
By 3ddie on 01/27/14 16:02 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Really reliable van has 130,000+ miles and not a single issue. Lots of space and lots of fun to drive.

Honda minivan 2006
By bmw125 on 07/30/13 19:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I think it has great value, it is fun to drive, and it looks good inside and out. It's not the coolest car in the world but it gets the job done just fine.

Best mini van out there
By mooger1 on 03/31/13 18:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this van in July 2006. We had some issues with this van, front wheel bearings, power steering pump, twice, all repaired or replaced by Honda. We now have 112,000 on this van and it runs like new. I just replaced the timing belt, and plan on using it another hundred thousand mies. This has been the very best vehicle I have ever owned

Outstanding Vehicle
By artchee on 12/27/12 08:31 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Everything is relative; depends on what you may have been driving. I have been driving this 2006 Odyssey Touring for just over a year. Previously I drove a Lincoln Town Car for 10 years. Don't know if there is a better "ride" than with the Town Car, BUT I have not lost much with the Odyssey. I purchased it 5 years old, as $40K is entirely too much to pay for a "new" car which quickly becomes a "used" car. This model was clean and in excellent condition. I put in new spark plugs & changed the timing belt, & had to purchase a spare tire, as the former owner changed out the run-flat tires (thankfully). ONLY complaint: MPG is like 15/22, when rated at 20/28.

DON'T BUY A HONDA ODYSSEY
By bobbie67 on 08/07/12 14:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2006 Odyssey new. I'm retired and drive less than 7,000 miles a year. In less than 2 years, the battery died. Two years later, the 2nd battery died. Today, two years later, the battery died. To date, I've spent $450 on batteries. The rear brakes wore out at only 40,000 miles. The brake sensor system did not work. Discs, pads and rotors had to be replaced. Eats batteries & tires. Master cylinder and power steering failed. Soft brake pedal; dealer can fix. Lousy gas mileage: 15 city, 20 interstate. Handles like a tank. Too many blind spots. Auto-liding door problems.

EX-L What a Disappointment
By jennnevada on 06/30/12 23:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car new and put on 69K miles before trading it in today. It was great for hauling around children and provided a comfortable ride and plenty of cargo space. Now the downside: lousy gas mileage (13 in town/22 hwy), on my 3rd power steering pump, my alternator recently failed and was replaced by Honda for $600, rear sliding door opening/closing mechanism failed last year, battery and brakes were replaced often, constant loud & jolting popping when turning at low speeds (cv joint issue?) and a host of other issues amounting to significant repair costs. I am happy to be rid of this money pit! My past Hondas have been great but not this model and year.

Love my van but $$$ to keep up
By asuitor on 04/19/12 20:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my van and so do my kids. Very luxurious and loaded! That being said cars that are loaded have to be kept up. Most of all the run flat PAX tires. Holy crap! $1500+ for new tires on a van! Oops Honda left that out on the sale!! DVD system is great! Heated seats are awesome etc

Always getting repairs
By mom4girlz on 04/05/12 18:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this brand new and expecte to get a long time out of a Honda with few hassels. So many recalls, so many repairs! I replaced the tires every year because of uneven wear - dealership never seems to be able to fix the problem. AC has gone, breaks have gone, bearings have gone, power doors dont open properly, radiator has gone, the list goes on and on. I figure in the last 12 mths alone I have spent 5grand in repairs. Parts are always expensive. All problems have been "out of warrenty coverage" according to dealer. Just not like my old civic or 4runner. Saving for a Subaru or Toyota!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.