First and only Honda ever to purchase
By mechdaug2 on
2005 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
At 13,771, blue gray smoke coming from the exhaust system and dealer reported caused by condensation, normal operation. My vehicle was serviced at Honda dealerships for 30, 60 and 90 K mile service work as recommended by Honda. Over the years, service records have indicated work to door seals, faulty mechanics of siding doors, faulty Honda batteries( 4<4 years), premature failure of systems, such as air conditioning, power steering, and catalytic converter. Another interesting, but significantly disappointing fact, is that the seals for my doors, the back hatch door that was most recently replaced has leaked water in the back of the minivan and sides even after replacement at Honda service.
Favorite Features
Generous seating for 8; the only thing that did not ever need repair and works beautifully is the radio/CD player and speaker system. Storage features allow to pack it, sometimes, better than a truck.
Suggested Improvements
The quality of parts and service appear to be an issue. Initial indicators of system problems should be addressed prior to a full system overhaul. In the multiple contacts with Honda, I have felt like there is a disconnect with customer service and standing behind product. As the daughter of a mechanic, I have had my share of discussions with service personnel and customer service only to be disappointed with the outcome. My dad warned me about being "hoodwinked", and I feel I have been with air conditioning, power steering system, motor mounts, emissions systems with possible 2nd replacement of converters.