Honda Odyssey Disappoints
By rfg on
2005 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I recently had a third child and my husband and I decided to take the plunge and get a mini-van. Since we have had an excellent experience with my 10 year old Accord we decided Honda would be the way to go for the Mini-Van. We purchased a used Odyssey with 50,000 miles. It was fully loaded and fully serviced from day one by the Honda dealer. After one month the air conditioning broke. $2000 to fix at the dealer. I just took it to the dealer because the power sliding door wasn't working. $400 to fix. When it was there they noticed the power steering wasn't working properly. $600 to replace the pump. All told I have now spent $3000 on repairs on this bastion of reliability.
Favorite Features
Seats, space, built in Entertainment. This is an unreliable poorly built vehicle with no support from Honda though. Buyer be ware on this generation of Van. Previous generation had bad transmission problems. Maybe Honda just can't build a good van?
Suggested Improvements
Stand by your products when you make something poorly. Better yet, don't make a poor product like this. I am shocked given my (and my family's) experience with Honda sedans. I have spent more on this vehicle in 300 miles than I spent on my Accord in 200K miles.