A few bugs... but... Problems add up...
By dan3367 on
2005 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
The usual wind whistle is the window shield trim and windshield gap. Sealed the area with black rvt sealant. Brake pads went out or had loud noise clucking. It was a recall thing, I have a loud clunk in very hot weather when I brake. The dash blower fan went out, the power steering had a howl when turning around 10-20 mph. It was known to the dealer, as most Honda had a bad set of steering pumps and brake pads on Hondas two weeks ago, my transmission at 40- 45 mph when I accelerate and at 20-25 mph when I slow down, it lurches or has harsh shifting feel. Dealer will not give out recall or part issues until you have a problem, in or out of warranty. The seats are very uncomfortable.
Favorite Features
I drove Dodge caravans before. Everything fails on them at 70,000 miles. Honda fails every 20,000 miles. Good gas mileage. Good acceleration. Good air cold and heat in front and back.
Suggested Improvements
Cannot open far back Windows for air flow. Improve seat comfort a lot. A spare programmed key costs over $350.00. Improve paint in hot weather it rubs off if touched or bumped, in the areas in the sun. Way too many plastic panels. A timing chain for engine not a timing belt 100,000 replacement.