2005 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
66,000 Miles and Still Love It
By Paceguy on 08/01/08 19:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Odyssey over three years ago and still like it as much as we did on day one. It's my wife's daily driver and with the nav. and DVD etc. the guys and gals she works with have her drive to lunch whenever they go out (even give her unsolicited gas money) because they like playing with the gadgets and it's really comfortable. With three kids ranging from 14 to 7, the long summer driving trips we've taken over the years have been a pleasure. We both like driving it and reliability has been typical Honda excellence. Just got back from a 2400 mile round trip summer vacation where we rolled over 66k--again, nothing but super review from us!

This Car is outstanding
By Peter on 07/23/08 00:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Going from Kia Sedona to the Odyssey there is Simply no comparison, Honda a car way superior in very aspect you can think of, can't stop driving it!

Problem Every Year
By 2005 Honda Odyssey on 07/13/08 08:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Well, let's just say I'm a bit disappointed with my 2005 Odyssey EX. Looks like a good mini-van (I'm a Honda fan), but since I bought this 2005 new model seems like every year I have some kind of problem with it. First year I had to replace brakes (twice), had whistling noise from the windshield (dealer replaced rubber gasket in 2006), in 2007 had to replace steering fluid pump (was making noise) and now in 2008 I just started to notice strange noises from fuel tank (taking it to a dealer next week), but out of warranty now. Can't wait to see what's the problem this time. I have learned a hard way never to buy a new model the first year it comes out. Hope that nothing happens next year.

Odyssey Rocks!
By Farid Hossain on 07/09/08 21:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2005 Odyssey has been a true travel companion. I just got back after a 2300 mile round trip and it worked great. Drove through the Lombard St (Crooked street) in San Francisco, along the S Lake Tahoe and in the desert heat of 110 degrees for hours. Next trip up is Banff, Canada. I love this van and I am keeping it till it quits on me.

2005 Odyssey Touring
By Tauva'a on 07/03/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I love my Odyssey. The only real complaint I have is the rough ride over small bumps. I believe this is because of the run flat tires. It's a great ideal (run flat tires) but rough on the ride.

Honda Odyssey Touring had to have it.
By Winston Hawkins on 06/27/08 04:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have loved our Honda Odyssey and have taken it everywhere. Our dealer has been great with anything warranty and non-warranty related. This vehicle is like a sports car and is a blast to drive. It's hard to believe that this vehicle averages for us around 24 MPH while packed down with two children and all our gear for vacation. We will buy another one.

Safest Car Ever!
By mangel on 06/17/08 10:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My car is so great because there it has rear air conditioning for the back for my kids.

used odyssey
By Nik on 06/03/08 18:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Heard a lot about the noise in the cabin. well try changing the tires to Yokohama avid trz 235/65/16. they are really quiet. but I do agree, that since it's a family van, Honda should improve on the noise damping materials.

Noisy
By Idaho on 05/14/08 21:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love the car for the comfort and room. The room is awesome. But the road noise is loud. Changed tires from Michelin to Yokohama hoping for some improvement. No change. Have had to replace windshield several times. Last time they changed out the windshield twice, got new clips. Still a wide gap that causes whistling all the time. Eco Engine always sounds like it is revved and ready to take off. Dealer says it is road noise. We had the car undercoated when new. Nice protection, but does not help road noise. We will check with tire manufacture for any help and also the windshield replacement shop for a redo. Still love the car, but it sounds like the EX is a quieter model.

Safe and fun witj lots of room
By L.Cline on 05/12/08 13:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Odyssey is by far the best auto buy we have ever made. It handles like a car instead of a top heavy mini van. My husband and I have 2 children and 2 dogs. We can all ride together and not drive each other crazy. The kids watch the local t.v channels or a movie from the flip down screen and, the dogs sit in the back area. We still have room for more. The fuel millage is great for a mini van. The "ECO" mode kicks in a lot and that really helps. Around town, we average 22-24 mpg. We just went on a 3.5 hour trip to the mountains in NC and going UP the mountains, our avg. we 24. Coming down and back to Greenville, SC our avg was 33 mpg.