Used 2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews - 471 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Great Van
By Jim

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First Honda ever purchased. Best vehicle ever owned. Over 100,000 miles and never been back to dealer for any problem. Still has original brake pads. Will buy another one.

Don't buy a honda with pax system tires
By Paxhater

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Do not buy Honda. Me and my wife thought we were getting a quality minivan that would last forever, than the nightmare began. We got a blow out on the rear and found out only Honda dealerships could replace these pax tires and it cost about $325 for the one tire. Then after about 15,000 miles the front 2 were bald and those cost about 650. And you have to replace them you can't put any other tires on those rims. They will last maybe 15,000 miles before they are bald and you are forced to drive on snow covered roads with 3 children on bald tires because you can't afford to replace them. And the brakes are garbage and the yolk in the front suspension snapped and is rattling around.

Cool interior and exterior.

Pax tires are a crime against humanity. Not a reliable vehicle at all been nothing but problems for me and will be happy to trade in.

Saved my life!!
By Sharon

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Odysseys because of the safety ratings. We ended up loving them. The ride is soooo comfortable, as driver or passenger. We live in lake effect snow belt region and always take extra caution with snow tires. Never had problems. Only had to do oil changes and minimal scheduled maintenance. Six days ago my 2005 Odyssey saved my life. A speeding driver blew a stop sign and t-boned me with such force that the van was thrown on its side (the driver's side) and then bounced back up on 'all fours'. The fire department was shocked when I literally walked out of that totaled van. They thought they'd be sending the med-evac chopper for me. I am sore and bruised but alive.

Safety features, comfortable ride, low maintenance costs, great highway mileage.

The DVD system is the worst ever. The driver or front passenger has to bend over near the floor to insert the DVD and the controls are so confusing.

mice invasion
By virginia nichols

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased the 2005 Honda odessy from my sun, this is the second odessy that I owned prev a 2001. Love the vehicle only problem is mice like to eat the electrical harness. My 2001 had the same problem and by the Honda dealers info this is a common problem. I love Honda's and hopefully your designers would invent something to keep this from happening. Like putting a screen around the harness. This is very frustrating and I use my car every day, and the car is in a garage. Please, please answer my question on how to prevent this from happening again.

something to protect the harness wiring from being eaten by mice

Never buy a first model year again!
By TouringNY

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it new when it first came out and have had several recurring troubles, had a brake grinding noise, went several times until finally dealer got Honda to replace the pads and shave the rotors. PAX STINX, as everyone says they don't drive that great and they are so darn expensive, lasted us only 25-30K each set. Sliding door got stuck but fixed under warranty, keeps making clunking noise and hesitation at 2500RPM since 30000 miles, tried to get dealer to figure out several times, they just charged me a diagnostic fee of $120 and can't find a darn thing.

Well laid out except touring doesn't have a 8th seat option, drives like a car (albeit a heavy one) and not a truck. Very luxurious interior for minivan (that was our first impression when we got it in 2004) comparing to previous Windstar and Caravans we owned.

See above, give an AWD option, it wouldn't be that hard since the MDX has the same platform. Newer models have a NO PAX option (argh!) but still no 8th seat. Why can't anyone figure out what is causing the noises??