Used 2005 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

update and upgrade
By Tom D

2005 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced our 2000 Odyssey EX with this 05 touring nav and res.. Better in everyway. Quiet, powerful and full of new features. Power doors are much better than before, seats are way more comfortable and ride is fantastic. Having some problems with the voice recognition, maybe just takes practice. I am concerned about the PAX and that alone almost made us choose the EX-L, but wife likes the power tailgate too much (3 children and lots of shopping)

Favorite Features

Ride comfort, leather, sunroof, improved mechanics of doors, navigation and DVD

Suggested Improvements

Offer alternative to PAX on touring, onstar (its on the MDX why not the odyssey?)

Hot Rod of Mini-Vans
By S2000black

Handles great, good power. I notice alot of 05 Odysseys cutting and weaving through traffic. I think most people get overly confident driving the Ody. It feels like a sports sedan. Been of 5 trips in 7 months. Love the Navi. My 80 year old mother and my 4 grandkids love the DVD with surround sound headphones.

Favorite Features

Voice activated Navigation system. 255 hp engine interior space

Suggested Improvements

include adjustment for mirrors with memory seats. Add bluetooth or some other type of phone system. Telescopic steering & power passenger seats. Option of plus one seat on Touring model (8 passenger)

just another perfect minivan
By ssbcomet

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned the original body style change and waited for this design. It was worth the wait. Comfort, beautiful design, all the features and that Honda feeling of owning something that just plain works.

Favorite Features

The overall set up of the new dashboard, navigation and stereo systems. The ride is so nice, so quiet, soooo good!

Suggested Improvements

They need to improve the ability to scan channels (you can only go by category or scan the six stations listed on the "channel buttons" on XM. To scroll song, artist and genre on the lower radio display. Allow unverified routes when routing a trip (especially when they are much shorter.)

They got it...............it's the best
By ED

After several reviews and months looking for the best transportation for my people (3 adults and 3 kids) we decided wait until the new odyssey. I already have my touring for 3 months and we are really proud about our decision.All in this car is very intuitive,everithing is in the right place.My congratulations to all that people reestablish its dominance in the minivan marketplacewith this amizing car.

Favorite Features

navigation system.dvd (w the bigest screen in the market.ride,transmision,etc,etc,etc.

Suggested Improvements

4WD,run day lights.

Forget the Suburban, this is much better
By Mark McKenzie

The touring Odyssey is incredible! I have an '02 Tahoe and my wife had a V6 Passat before trading the Passat for the Odyssey. We both love the van! I may trade the Tahoe for my own Odyssey. Our opinion, pay for the upgrades...the back-up camera is great, power doors and power liftgate, intergrated DVD and NAV, voice activation...this thing is awesome. I drove the Toyota Sienna and it does not compare to the Honda. Go drive one if you dealer has one; they can be hard to find.

Favorite Features

NAV, DVD, Back-up camera, small conversation mirror, styling, power doors and liftgate.

Suggested Improvements

Power passenger seat, steering wheel needs power tilt and telescoping feature and memory mirrors. No big complaints at all!