2005 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Honda Does It Again
By CAS on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you are looking for the next generation of minivans, you must look at the Honda. It has features that make driving it just a delight such as all the sliding doors are powered and the warning sensors which tell you in the front or rear how close you are to another object. The way you can easily reconfigure the interior makes it useful for almost anything you need.

Unbelievable technology package
By pecan38 on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is an incredible package, the amount of technology that is crammed into this car is just amazing!! Honda paid attention to almost every detail and made improvements in every area. This ody drives like a car and the body roll is minimal if not non-existent. However, Honda did not finish the job. They have added memory seats, well the feature appears to memorize only the seat positions and it does not seem to memorize the rear view mirror positions. Only one of the the power windows has an auto up and down feature. For a car costing 42k(drive out), I'd expect it all the Windows to have auto up and down feature.

Worth the Wait!
By smitty1 on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After looking extensively at the 04 Honda, Toyota and Nissan, we decided to wait for the Honda redesign and glad we did. It has everything and more the Toyota offered for ~$4500 less. Only complaint is DVD system wouldn't eject disk after first use and had to be replaced. Paid MSRP on 10/15.

My wife is happy...so I'm happy!
By tsmith7499 on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We were looking at the MPV and Sienna, but decided to look at the Odyssey. It is true, this is the best minivan there is! My wife loves this car. The safety, performance, and features cannot be matched. The EX model is definately worth the upgrade.

SuperDuperDeluxe Minivan
By gkkim on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Almost bought a 2004 Sienna XLE LTD AWD but ended up with a Slate Green (more like silver blue) Touring with NAV/RES. Drives/handles very well and smoothly, yet sporty. Transmission is solid authority without up/down searching and hesitation. Surprising amount of oompf for a very chubby/hefty minivan. Interior is no nonsense Honda spartan, but elegant, comfortable and super quiet. Feels/Drives with wide solid stance. PAX tires takes the bumps a bit harsher than the regular tires, but not disturbing. Can't hear the VCM and no wind noise. Rumpled leather not a favorite, but seats provide good support. Be warned-"coin box" is just an open drawer. Concerned about PAX support still.

OUTSTANDING!
By Fyaman on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle! Just bought it this week after searching and searching. Plenty of room for our family of 5, and the DVD system makes the ride more than fun for our children. Plenty of "get up and go" for the highway. Interior is the most comfortable we were in among all the vans we test drove.

The Right Hammer
By dandelg on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

My wife and I are both gearheads but with 3 young kids, we had to choose the practical solution. The Odyssey's interior design is clever and hits all the notes required by an active young family. The stereo is excellent, the nav system is easy to use and incredibly helpful. The DVD doesn't block the rear view mirror and the rear camera is outstanding. The ride is firm but smooth and solid. It corners flat with minimal sway and it is deceptively quick while remaining quiet and unruffled. It has outstanding gas mileage for a minivan. The Odyssey is no VFR Interceptor, but it is an amazing blend of thoughtful interior layout, excellent handling dynamics, and acceptable power.

Forget stigma, look at the convenience
By Dorty on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was fixing to purchase another SUV, a friend told me to at least consider and test drive a minivan. We have three kids. I had a Totoya Sequoia previously. I couldn't get over that we actually had more space for the kids in the minivan. I figured cargo space would be less behind the third row seats, it wasn't. Plenty of cargo room, and such versatility in this minivan. I had a stigma about not wanting to drive a minivan (I use to think it was for much older people). I got over that quickly after seeing and driving my family around in it. I love the features inside, but when you get out of it-it is still a minivan. Not a sporty look, but I would give that up again for this vehicle!

05 odyssey
By jjjjjjjjjjj999 on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

wow! This our 3rd Odyssey(99and02)and the 05 is incredible. The only cons are unopening 3rd row window, shift lever position and no available 4wd.

Awesome 2005 Honda Odyssey
By itwizard on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Paid about $700.00 less than sticker price. Worth it! Test drove the Sienna & Nissan Quest. Sienna drive was boring at best, the Quest drove well but the build quality was not impressive.