Used 2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Disappointed in 2nd Odyssey mileage
By Pat R.

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned a 2005 Odyssey for 4+ years and traded it with 75,000 miles for the new 2005 Touring edition Odyssey in September 2004. Have been very disappointed with city gas mileage--my previous Odyssey got about 17 mpg and the 2005 was advertised to get approx. 20 mpg city and 28 highway. I average 14.5 mpg city and 22-23 highway. Needless to say am not happy and am seriously thinking of selling and buying the Toyota Sienna. I have owned 5 Hondas and have been a loyal customer but maybe it's time to make a change.

Favorite Features

I love driving the Odyssey except for the poor gas mileage it gets.

Suggested Improvements

Make certain the vehicle gets at least "close" to the advertised mileage or else don't advertise false and misleading information.

redesigned Honda Odyssey is nice but....
By david4784

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned this van for about a month and we have taken several trips. We love everything about the van but the seats. They have to be the worst seats I have even been in. They are very unconformable. Friends of ours have a Dodge caravan and its seats are 1000 times better, but don't get me wrong I wouldn't buy anything but a Honda. We test drove every mini van out there and we decided to buy the best overall value and thatís a Honda Odyssey.

Favorite Features

double power sliding doors, 6 disk cd in dash, and window shades in the 2nd row. And it Looks sweet for a minivan.

Suggested Improvements

The EX model should have;Better more confrontable seats all around, moon roof, fog lights, auto dim rear mirrior, and auto on/off head lights.

Da Kine
By akahele

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car I have ever driven or owned. I think it is a much better automobile than even a bmw or mercedes. Unbelievable comfort power and handling. Auto doors good sound system, excellent ac. Visibility is great, drive by wire is very nice when using cruise control. wish it really got 30 mpg though, but i'll settle with what I get because its such a good car.

Favorite Features

Comfort and power. Looks and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Some details are a little flimsy and seem a little cheap. This is only because I wash and wax it very thoroughly often. I have found all the short cuts by Honda, but believe that all will be OK in the long run. My last car, a bmw325 still has 550,000 miles on it and I expect to get the same with one

First Impressions
By thespyder

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Interior layout is great. only drawback is no telescoping steering wheel. DVD quality is above average for picture quality and great for size. Third seat fold is cake. 2nd row captains chairs are extremely comfortable. Exterior, I like the new headlights over earlier models. We love the slate green which depending on lighting can be silver or light blue to metallic green. Engine has power to spare. It has great high end acceleration. Wish it had auto rear hatch and laser cruise. Great Choice for mini van shoppers. Can't go wrong with how well this van holds its value.

Favorite Features

RES, Tons of safety features. Built in sun shades. POWER, POWER, POWER

Suggested Improvements

telescoping Steering Wheel, laser cruise, and power rear hatch for the EX-L RES.

the honda odyssey touring
By arnel espinosa

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

we only bought this van for like a week. but it has really impressed me big time not only with it's dvd & gps system but also with it's console features (i.e. it tells you of the outside temp & miles per gallon which also reset every time you refill for gas). arriving from the philippines just last year we haven't really heard that much about the odyssey. it was upon our arrival that we noticed lots of odysseys plying the streets. needless to say we reasearched on this van through our friends & the internet. what we found out was the standard VTEC engine (which means gas savings) & a covertible V6 to 3-cylinder engine driving configuration. in short the ultimate family car

Favorite Features

5.1 dvd/audio/xm radio entertainment system with a seven speaker setup and a the GPS navigation system. th

Suggested Improvements

incorporate the instructions in the dvd that comes with the car and have a more thicker quick start guide