2005 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
A minivan that a dad could drive
By OurFirstHonda on 11/06/04 10:04 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wow! This is a fun minivan to drive. The powertrain has great response & Oomph when you want it, yet it's very smooth to drive around town or through winding roads. My wife drives it mostly, doing the mommy thing with two kids in tow. She loves it, and finds it very easy to drive - she says it's very much like our Camry was. I love that it doesn't feel like a minivan - on the highway it's very smooth/stable going 80+. Likewise it's easy to manuever around town, tight turns & parking lots. Built-in Traction control makes it stable in snow & heavy rain - that's if your tires aren't worn. It's a great family vehicle - roomy & flexible as a van, safe & easy to drive as a large car.

Sweet Odyssey
By Sou on 11/06/04 01:20 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So Far I had a few things to pick about. The van came from another dealership so i really didn't have a choice other then that it was the color that i wanted. 1.scratches here and there inside the van(dealer going to fix that). 2.needed alignment(dealer taking care of that as well. 3.Glove box off alignment(did that myself). All in all the van is really nicer then most in it's class.

Whistling Wind
By Hondaguy on 11/04/04 08:57 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We recently purchased our first mini van and, based upon research and reviews, chose the Honda Odyssey EX- L. I have been impressed with the performance and overall comfort with the vehicle. However, between 35 and 60 m.p.h. we have a very distinct wind whistle on the passenger side. Upon taking the mini van back to the dealership, we were told that it was a manufacturing defect (several other new odysseys have the same problem) and there is no known remedy at this time. I am pleased with the vehicle overall, but am very disappointed with Honda's inability to fix this problem. I have been informed from our dealership that this has become a common complaint.

Acura of Minivans
By bepete on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a Touring NAV/RES in Silver Pearl with Black Leather three weeks ago, and I must say this is one very nice vehicle. This model has the feel and features of an Acura but the versatility of a large minivan. We absolutely love it! Great design - inside and out. The only vehicle that is even in the same class is the Sienna Limited but we came up with 20 reasons why we felt this is a better vehicle (for a list of the 20 reasons, visit my post #826 "Top of the Line Comparison" in the Odyssey vs. Sienna- 2005+ forum). If you are looking to buy, you can also visit my post #6633 "Pricing - Tips and Observations" in the Odyssey-Prices Paid & Buying Experience forum.

Excellent family vehicle
By leejdjd on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

we searcgewd long and hard to upgrade from our 2000 Dodge Caravan. We liked the idea of fold-down seats but thought the new Dodge seats looked cheap and uncomfortable. We decided to go with the 2004 Odyssey or the Toyota van... until we saw the 2005 Odyssey! This is the perfect combination of people-moving conveinience and luxurious comfort!

BEST OF THE BEST
By BEN P on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

THEIR WILL NEVER BE ANY OTHER MINI VAN LIKE IT THIS VAN CAR LIKE WILL SIR PASS ANY FAMILYS EXPECTIONS EVERY TIME YOU GET INTO THIS EXPERIENCE

2005 Odyssey EXLoveIt!!!
By Markrenee on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Researched the other minivans in all the magazines and online articles I could find. Most of them rated the 2004 Odyssey either the best or a close second. Based on that, I knew the 2005 rating should only get better. Although I didn't test drive the competitors, I feel that I got the most for my money with this one. I paid $1K less than MSRP. The insurance costs are lower than my other cars (Symbol 6). I am very happy with my decision and would recommend this car to others. One of the Edmunds reviewers said that Honda does their homework. I think he is right.

May be best car ever
By 05odysseyowner on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent power / great gas milage nav and voice commands are great. Widescreen DVD is great for the kids.

One of the best van in the market
By Odywoman on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Cannot describe how much I like the van. I have test drive soooo many vans out there, and Odyssey is the best.

2005 Honda Odyssey Touring with Nav/DVD
By rwbache on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

It's still a new car but it is wonderful to drive. Great performance and unparalleled safety features including the new run flat tires. I strongly recommend this minivan.