2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Great decision
By Vangoalot on 11/13/04 10:53 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second minivan. You get to know which features that you use daily, and the Honda has them all plus more-- and it doesn't feel like you're driving a large vehicle. It is very peppy, and the features are well thought out. I seldom takeout the 2nd row seats, so having the 3rd row easily fold flat was a big deal to us. Comfort in the 2nd row plus the extra jump seat just made sense! My wife and I seriously compared the Sienna and Chrysler Town & Country, and also looked at the other competitors but the Honda won hands down. I don't have small children, but the design makes sense. It still has plenty of room to haul, but it feels more like a luxury car (well, it is!) KUDOS, HONDA!

Honda Odessy
By wuscmom on 11/12/04 18:02 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The minivan is only a month old but is way better than our 1997 dodge grand caravan.

My wife actually likes to drive a van!!!
By llngoc on 11/12/04 09:51 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have a MBZ ML430 but needed a much more reliable transportation so was set to get an AWD Sienna. But we decided to hold off until we can see the new Odyssey and the rest is history. My wife's car is a BMW 7 series and she actually compared the drive of the Odyssey to the Bimmer which I also agree. And the NAV is definitely the best of all three cars we own.

Try one more
By C-A-K on 11/10/04 11:22 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded our 2002 Odyssey because we were getting our third transmission at 51,000 miles. We've had other Honda's without problem so we decided to give it one more shot. So far so good, only 1,000 miles driven, and we love all the upgrades the 2005 has. The third row goes down without removing headrest, my wife loves the sunroof, I like the better mileage, the doors seem to work smoother, the illumination of the controls on the dash are cool, we like the layout of stereo and air controls better and definitely like having the controls on the steering wheel. For the money, I think we got a lot more with the 2005. Hopefully we got a better transmission.

Silver Pearl Metallic Touring with Nav
By madabout1269 on 11/08/04 23:17 PM (PST)

I finally got my Odyssey,and first off let me say that Honda got it right this time,I have owned a 2002 ExL,a 2003 Havasu Blue EXL RES and most of the shortcomings have been fixed.road noise has been greatly improved,power,well it accelerates furiously,only drawback is the engine is more vocal,quiets down nicely after that though.Now for the creature comforts,all I can say is you will not want to step outside of this van,the navigation system is the best there is right now,I used it on my road trip and it is simply inspiring,the stereo system says Premium Sound System and actually lives up to the moniker. All in all folks this is the van to own.

I'm a Believer!
By Ken Moore on 11/08/04 17:59 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the first non-American vehicle I have ever owned new. All I can say is WOW. There is just no comparison on the other side. Need I say more?

Ody for Me
By alygal on 11/07/04 10:00 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love my van. Switched from a Ford. Great room and comfort. Am currently at odd with Honda over the "XM Ready" radio. It take another 700.00 to make it truely ready. I am hoping Honda will step up and make it "ready". Otherwise love the ride and the space is great. My husband is 6'8" and fit fine.

Good all around vehicle
By Paintpedlr on 11/06/04 14:18 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Good roomy all around Vehicle for a variaty of uses. Handles well and is well designed for convenient multi use. Mileage is not quite as good as I expected.

A minivan that a dad could drive
By OurFirstHonda on 11/06/04 10:04 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wow! This is a fun minivan to drive. The powertrain has great response & Oomph when you want it, yet it's very smooth to drive around town or through winding roads. My wife drives it mostly, doing the mommy thing with two kids in tow. She loves it, and finds it very easy to drive - she says it's very much like our Camry was. I love that it doesn't feel like a minivan - on the highway it's very smooth/stable going 80+. Likewise it's easy to manuever around town, tight turns & parking lots. Built-in Traction control makes it stable in snow & heavy rain - that's if your tires aren't worn. It's a great family vehicle - roomy & flexible as a van, safe & easy to drive as a large car.

Sweet Odyssey
By Sou on 11/06/04 01:20 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So Far I had a few things to pick about. The van came from another dealership so i really didn't have a choice other then that it was the color that i wanted. 1.scratches here and there inside the van(dealer going to fix that). 2.needed alignment(dealer taking care of that as well. 3.Glove box off alignment(did that myself). All in all the van is really nicer then most in it's class.