Used 2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

VKs Review
By Virginia Kinder

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When we bought this 2005 Odyssey we traded in a 2002 Odyssey which I really loved. The 2005 Odyssey has lived up to all expectations. It is definitely quicker and faster and more powerful. It is so easy and convenient to drive and I love all the "settings" that are available on it (although I thought learning to use the "settings" required a high learning curve). The other day motion sensors on the back kept me from backing into a car that came racing through the parking lot as I was backing out.

Favorite Features

automatic door locks, motion sensors on the fron and back, air bags for all three rows of seats, driver seating settings, automatic headlights, being able to see outside temperatures

Suggested Improvements

I'm not sure about the Michelin tire system. So far have had no problems.

Honda's minivan is wonderful
By Kat

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my Honda Odyssey. It is so incredibly comfortable and our children cannot wait to go somewhere in it. The DVD is one of the features that my family truly enjoys. The power doors are great. When my hands are full, all I have to do is push a button and the doors open by themselves. I cannot say enough about the Honda Odyssey. The comfort, the space and the reliability of this van is superb. I would reccomend this auto to anyone searching for a minivan for their family. I cannot say it enough, we are truly satisfied with the choice that we made to purchase a Honda Odyssey.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature are as follows: the power doors, the DVD player, and the storage capacity.

Suggested Improvements

none

Good engine - suspect build quality
By VRM

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The initial build quality is disappointing with lots of rattles, squeaks and brake noise. I had to go the dealer two times to resolve these initial problems. Honda needs to pay more attention to initial build quality and testing. Dont they drive the vehicle outside the factory before sending it to the dealer?

Favorite Features

Six disc in-dash CD player; 8 passenger seating. Safety features: ACE body structure, ABS, VSA and side curtain air bag.

Suggested Improvements

1) Make TPMS a standard feature. 2) Improve the mechanism for folding Magic 3rd row seat. Cable that releases the seat is flimsy and can break easily.

Not all it's cracked up to be.
By Mortimer_SC

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very poor fuel economy (usually less than 20 miles/gallon on highway). Cheaply designed and built. Transmission is wishy-washy.

Favorite Features

Strong engine.

Suggested Improvements

Improve fuel economy or be truthful on the window sticker about it.

Disappointed with my new Honda
By Paul Clyde

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am disappointed with my purchase for the following reasons: low mileage (14.5 mpg city, 24 mpg high way). The car has about a dozen small quality issues. The driver and front passenger seat are not comfortable due to the position of the (non- telescoping) steering wheel. The electric doors do not close well, together with the wind noise you never feel secure about properely shut doors. The doors had to be aligned, since they were chipping the paint. The car has a bumpy ride, it in no way doubles as a sedan, its a truck . The raised expectations were clearly not met. You should do a much more extensive test drive then me before you buy.