2005 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Got it for $1000 off MSRP - Houston
By ksti on 11/29/04 17:11 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Solid Build Quality. Plenty of room for everyone. The dual sliding doors are very cool to help load the kids. Plenty of pep in the engine. The only downside was the possibility of having to pay MSRP for a car. We finally got the dealer to come off the MSRP by $1000 and take off the price of all the dealer add-ons. Final out- the-door price for the EX was 27,510.

Bad Choice on my part
By BADCHOICE on 11/28/04 14:31 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am ready to sell it after one week. Last car was '01 T&C LXI which was quiet and had good sound system. Honda road noise on highway unsatisfactory despite active sound controls. What were they thinking. 120 watt stereo muffled at low volume, only hear tweeters - main speakers are set to low by feet and can't get aftermarket stereo. Diversity antenna in side window looses signal. Can't open 2nd. row windows too much air buffeting noise - need tail swing out windows as in Sienna. trailer towing requires expensive addons. Interior plastic scratches easily.

I've owned Touring for almost a week
By yatesd on 11/26/04 22:01 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really like the concept behind VCM and the gas mileage/horsepower that can be achieved on regular fuel. The Toyota Sienna recommends premium fuel. I also like the automatic climate control for the rear passenger compartment. My dogs like it set about 10 degrees cooler than I do. It is nice to have all of the safety features available at any trim level.

Honda',s Best
By toter on 11/25/04 12:37 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Went to buy another Sienna. I was interested in the XLE Limited. When I found out that the floor mats and rear window spoiler are a $700 extra on a car that sells for $35000+ and the dealer would not agree to include these items in the price, I left and went down the road to visit Honda. We drove Honda touring and were impressed with the controlled ride, quietness (ANC), the cylinder management system (VCM) and all the other features many similar to that of the Sienna. In the first 1500 miles I have gotten 19 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the interstate at 75 mph. With Honda I got a better deal, better selection and overall I think I got a better car than if I would have bought a Sienna

Best minivan to date...
By mils on 11/25/04 01:07 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Despite this seeming like the typical mininvan "mom-mobile"....it is definitely not. I drove a large SUV for the last several years and loved it. With my 3rd child on the way, even the bigger SUVs wouldn't have been convenient. Despite my resistance to convert to a minivan, I looked at the Odyssey just before making another purchase of an SUV. The convenient features, the new styling and the quality of the ride won me over. It's so much easier hauling two young children in the new Odyssey compared to my last SUV. The only other minivan I also considered was the Sienna for the AWD feature.

'05 EX-L RES Sage/Ivory
By sega626 on 11/24/04 14:01 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned this van for about a month now, and have taken it on a few long trips (300-400 miles). We absolutely love the ride and comfort it provides. Gas mileage is still not great, but I am holding out for after the "break-in" period. Wife and I argue over who gets to drive the Odysssey most of the time now. We are really looking to our Christmas trip across the country this year. I have never owned a minivan before, but this is a great first!

One Hot Papa in a Minivan
By wynner on 11/23/04 17:43 PM (PST)

This van has updated styling, plenty of practical, nifty features. Buyers - compare the practicality of the Pilot vs the Ody and you'll see - from easier access to better power, unless you NEED AWD go for the van. It's a sign that good cars CAN be built in America with proper planning / engineering. Power everything is great, ease of driving excellent, comfort excellent!

New 2005 Odyssey
By Allen Sanford on 11/17/04 15:25 PM (PST)

Two weeks after taking delivery in Ohio we headed south 1200 miles to Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Everything about this vehicle has been superb. It's quiet operation and powerful response is amazing. It has every amenity we could imagine. The seats are plush and much more comfortable than our 2000 Odyssey. The sound system is a delight and the voice commend system is very easy to use. The ride is one of a luxury car. The handling is a joy. As senior citizens, we particularly like the attention to safety, such as the rearview camera, the parking sensors and the updated navigation system which is much more friendly than our old one. Dropping and raising the rear 40/60 seats is now a breeze.

My 2nd Odyssey
By garlicgloria on 11/16/04 03:39 AM (PST)

I paid $2500 over MSRP for my 2000 EX Odyssey, therefore paying MSRP for the 2005 Touring N/E was a bargin. I didnt even look at another minivan, my experience with the 2000 left me with no doubts that my next purchase would be an Odyssey. I only have 500 miles on the 2005 but I can say the changes made on the new model make this an exceptional vehicle. My daughter needed a larger car so she got the 2000 Odyssey along with the portable DVD.

Bad Start
By engr on 11/15/04 17:17 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm off to a bad start, as is the Honda. It has difficult starts. I took it in to the dealer, and they claim it's just a faulty battery. I got a new one so we'll see. I also hear wind/whistle noises, as does my occupants, but the dealer doesn't. The vehicle has yet to exceed 20 mpg. Everything else is fantastic. Smooth ride. Comfortable. Others mat wait until new model problems are worked out.