Used 2005 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Honda Oddy 2005
By David Howard

2005 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All the independent reviews rate this minivan as the BEST. We bought it because of the safety features. It's also asthetically more appealing than the Toyota Sienna, especially from the side view. In practice the Honda has performed every bit as good as the reviews suggested it should.

Safety. External body lines. Deep trunk. Removable 8th seat.

Longer arm rests

VKs Review
By Virginia Kinder

2005 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When we bought this 2005 Odyssey we traded in a 2002 Odyssey which I really loved. The 2005 Odyssey has lived up to all expectations. It is definitely quicker and faster and more powerful. It is so easy and convenient to drive and I love all the "settings" that are available on it (although I thought learning to use the "settings" required a high learning curve). The other day motion sensors on the back kept me from backing into a car that came racing through the parking lot as I was backing out.

automatic door locks, motion sensors on the fron and back, air bags for all three rows of seats, driver seating settings, automatic headlights, being able to see outside temperatures

I'm not sure about the Michelin tire system. So far have had no problems.

Honda's minivan is wonderful
By Kat

2005 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my Honda Odyssey. It is so incredibly comfortable and our children cannot wait to go somewhere in it. The DVD is one of the features that my family truly enjoys. The power doors are great. When my hands are full, all I have to do is push a button and the doors open by themselves. I cannot say enough about the Honda Odyssey. The comfort, the space and the reliability of this van is superb. I would reccomend this auto to anyone searching for a minivan for their family. I cannot say it enough, we are truly satisfied with the choice that we made to purchase a Honda Odyssey.

My favorite feature are as follows: the power doors, the DVD player, and the storage capacity.

none

Good engine - suspect build quality
By VRM

2005 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The initial build quality is disappointing with lots of rattles, squeaks and brake noise. I had to go the dealer two times to resolve these initial problems. Honda needs to pay more attention to initial build quality and testing. Dont they drive the vehicle outside the factory before sending it to the dealer?

Six disc in-dash CD player; 8 passenger seating. Safety features: ACE body structure, ABS, VSA and side curtain air bag.

1) Make TPMS a standard feature. 2) Improve the mechanism for folding Magic 3rd row seat. Cable that releases the seat is flimsy and can break easily.

Not all it's cracked up to be.
By Mortimer_SC

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very poor fuel economy (usually less than 20 miles/gallon on highway). Cheaply designed and built. Transmission is wishy-washy.

Strong engine.

Improve fuel economy or be truthful on the window sticker about it.